Stripped Screw
752 2 2022-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SpeedyPhire
lvl.2
Flight distance : 164747 ft
Australia

I have an almost brand new  M300 (2 months)  manufactured in April from memory.  I am attempting to replace the single gimbal mount with the dual mount.  Three of the screws were almost impossible to remove as they are covered in loctite.  The 4th is impossible to remove and is now partially stripped.  It is one of the front screws.
I have two M300s so I could set up the other as the Dual, but I don't want to as it has much more use, and most of my flying is single gimbal so I want to use one heavily and keep the second just for rare dual activity...  

It is very frustrating that the screws were smothered in blue loctite (I guess it is 243).   

Does anyone have any ideas about loosening it without damaging the plastic?  

cheers
Paul

2022-12-17
Use props
SpeedyPhire
lvl.2
Flight distance : 164747 ft
Australia

Before anyone asks, I am using Wiha drivers rather than the stuff that came with the M300...
2022-12-17
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

SpeedyPhire Posted at 12-17 21:57
Before anyone asks, I am using Wiha drivers rather than the stuff that came with the M300...

I proceed this way:
1/ I heat the DJI tool, when it starts to blush I stop.
2/ I put it in the head of the screw, and tap on it with a small hammer (for clock) to properly use the entire length of the imprint of the screw head.
3/I wait a bit for the heat to dissipate in the screw and soften the threadlock product
4/ It comes like dad in mama

For the following times I put less powerful threadlocker, and screws with Torx head. No more heating.
2022-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules