RCA output mic to OA3 no detect and no sound
1499 18 2022-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rallydriver01
lvl.1

Bolivia

Hello comunity,
I bought the OA3 camera few weeks ago to use for my incar videos in my rally car. When i try to record plugin the camera to the mic output of my intercom i didnt have any sound.
As my topic says it is a RCA output so i try with two diferent cables. With a RCA to 3.5mm cable with 3.5mm to usb c adapter, and with this did not detect any mic. Also i try with a RCA to usb c cable directly and with this the camera shows the mic sign in the display but no sound at all, the videos record with no sound and the mic sign did not shows that detect any sound.
Before i use gopro cameras and didnt have any problem, first the gopro 4 and then the gopro 8 with their adapters and no problem at all.

Is there is something wrong im doing or how can i make this work?

Thanks in advance for the help
2022-12-18
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Probably your usb-c adapter that doesn't work, BOYA BY K4 is the one I use.
But there are some other adapters if you search around on this forum.
2022-12-18
Use props
Rallydriver01
lvl.1

Bolivia

johansenfoto Posted at 12-18 07:25
Probably your usb-c adapter that doesn't work, BOYA BY K4 is the one I use.
But there are some other adapters if you search around on this forum.

I though can be this so I try the adapter with some earphones to try the mic and this work.
2022-12-18
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Rallydriver01 Posted at 12-18 07:56
I though can be this so I try the adapter with some earphones to try the mic and this work.

Ah okay.
Maybe someone else have some solution here then
2022-12-18
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI does not offer teh Mic that works. so we all try our bestto share what we find
as mentioned you need a mic adapter not a headphone adapter that  will be peoples problems good luck
2022-12-18
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If the plug from your head set is TRS you might need to get an additional adapter in the line to convert to TRRS.
TRRS to (most) USB C adapters seems to work bu tit is a bit of minefield the Boya one mentioned is known good.
I have one from KiwiBird works but bought a super cheap on on ebay is also OK... from TRRS 3.5mm plug or TRS to TRRS plug before it.
2022-12-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Rallydriver01. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. May we ask what adapter are you using? Please try using the recommended accessories below as they were fully tested in our facility:

1. Mailada: C35L/T;
2. BOYA: BY-K2
3. Saramonic: SR-C2001;

We hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-12-18
Use props
Rallydriver01
lvl.1

Bolivia

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-18 19:25
Hi Rallydriver01. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. May we ask what adapter are you using? Please try using the recommended accessories below as they were fully tested in our facility:

1. Mailada: C35L/T;

Hi, this is the adapter im using:

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/dp/B07XYQ2ZKH?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Now im reading well and this says headphone adapter, someone up says this so maybe this could be the problem. BUT

As I told you I also try with a RCA to usb c direct cable, that is this one:

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/dp/B09K71LWXQ?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

but didn't work.

Also the adapters you recommend the 3.5mm exit is male and what im looking for is female. could you recommend this? so this need to be female 3.5mm entry and male usb c exit.
2022-12-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Rallydriver01 Posted at 12-19 08:52
Hi, this is the adapter im using:

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/dp/B07XYQ2ZKH?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Hi, Rallydriver01. Thank you for the detailed reply. The only one that is recommended and fully tested by our facility that has a female 3.5mm and male USB-C is the Boya BY-K9. We hope this helps. Have a nice day ahead!
2022-12-21
Use props
Rallydriver01
lvl.1

Bolivia

DJI Gamora Posted at 2022-12-21 01:59
Hi, Rallydriver01. Thank you for the detailed reply. The only one that is recommended and fully tested by our facility that has a female 3.5mm and male USB-C is the Boya BY-K9. We hope this helps. Have a nice day ahead!

Hi Gamora,

I just tried with a BOYA BY-K7 adapter and this don't even detect the microphone. I think the problem could be other than the adapter, because other people use other BOYA adapters and have no problems. I dont know why I can't attach a picture but if you need this or more info to solve this problem let me know. As I told you before I never have problems with GoPro cameras and this type of mics. They are Stilo brand intercoms.
2023-1-11
Use props
Rallydriver01
lvl.1

Bolivia

DJI Gamora Posted at 2022-12-21 01:59
Hi, Rallydriver01. Thank you for the detailed reply. The only one that is recommended and fully tested by our facility that has a female 3.5mm and male USB-C is the Boya BY-K9. We hope this helps. Have a nice day ahead!

2023-1-11
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

Boya BY-K7 is for Action 1
for the Action 3 you need K4 Female or K2 male
TRS mic
IMG_20221212_154504.jpg
2023-1-11
Use props
Rallydriver01
lvl.1

Bolivia

lutzmix Posted at 1-11 06:43
Boya BY-K7 is for Action 1
for the Action 3 you need K4 Female or K2 male
TRS mic

Have you tried with another adapter and your camera doesn't recognize the mic?
2023-1-11
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

k7 cable do not work with ao3!

samsung usbc to trrs low input sgnal
IMG_20230111_180028.jpg
2023-1-11
Use props
Rallydriver01
lvl.1

Bolivia

lutzmix Posted at 1-11 09:08
k7 cable do not work with ao3!

samsung usbc to trrs low input sgnal

Thank you brother, I will try with BY-K4 and let you know.
2023-1-11
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

best audio channel
yt: WayneRECs
2023-1-11
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

2023-1-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Rallydriver01 Posted at 1-11 06:20
Hi Gamora,

I just tried with a BOYA BY-K7 adapter and this don't even detect the microphone. I think the problem could be other than the adapter, because other people use other BOYA adapters and have no problems. I dont know why I can't attach a picture but if you need this or more info to solve this problem let me know. As I told you before I never have problems with GoPro cameras and this type of mics. They are Stilo brand intercoms.

Hi, Rallydriver01. Thank you for getting back to us. The BOYA BY-K7 is not mentioned above, therefore, it is not recommended as it might not work. Kindly refer to the specific models I provided above and kindly check other users' suggestions. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-1-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for the photo, please refer to post #18. Have a good one!
2023-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules