Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thisisbinna
lvl.1
Flight distance : 192812 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi guys,

I’m having some problems with my remote controller 2 with the DJI AVATA. The problem is that I’m able to connect everything (controller, drone and goggles) but it seems like the sticks doesn’t work, while I can move the gimbal instead. So it’s only a problem of the sticks. I’ve tried with the drone and also with the simulator but I everything works apart of the sticks. I don’t know what to do please help!! I wanted to update the firmware of the controller but I can’t install the Dji Assistant App because my Mac doesn’t support it (because the Assistant App is too old and not updated). Really don’t know what to do
2022-12-18
Use props
heho
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48419 ft
Germany

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. I bought the Avata Pro-View combo as well as a Remote Controller 2 separately. I have successfully paired all devices (Avata, Googles 2 and Remote Controller 2) and installed the latest firmware in this state just today. In the DJI flight simulator, all buttons can be operated (gimbal, pause, etc) but the two sticks are completely without function. I have already tried several times a new pairing, but even in the Googles the RC is not shown to me, although it is paired with the Avata. Thanks for any help!
2022-12-18
Use props
SirStabbs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 218799 ft
United States

Try updating your controller using the Dji Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series).  While all systems are connected, try and navigate to the controls settings in the goggles and calibrate your RC.

@heho, that doesnt even make sense, if your controller is actually connected, it should show on the goggles. Try updating to the latest firmware.
2022-12-18
Use props
thisisbinna
lvl.1
  • >>>
Italy

SirStabbs Posted at 12-18 16:23
Try updating your controller using the Dji Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series).  While all systems are connected, try and navigate to the controls settings in the goggles and calibrate your RC.

@heho, that doesnt even make sense, if your controller is actually connected, it should show on the goggles. Try updating to the latest firmware.

as I'e written in the post I cannot do it because my Mac don't open DJI Assistant 2, it's too old and not updated and my Mac can't open it once downloaded....
2022-12-18
Use props
SirStabbs
lvl.1
United States

Are you talking about your Mac being too old? or the App? either way, another way to update is by using a phone/tablet. download the DJI Fly app, connect your goggles to the phone and run the app. make sure goggles, rc and the avata are all connected. And let it sit in the DJI Fly app for a bit, it should show a "firmware update available" and should be able to update from there.
The batteries can also be updated doing this method

2022-12-18
Use props
thisisbinna
lvl.1
  • >>>
Italy

No no I mean the app it’s too old! So you are telling me to update the RC directly from the Dji Fly App? Because I’ve tried and I don’t remember any updates, I will do another try. But if it doesn’t work? I can undestand the cause of this problem, it looks unreal to me for a dji product
2022-12-18
Use props
SirStabbs
lvl.1
United States

how is the app too old? are you sure youre looking at the corrent one? its DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series). There are different versions, the RC2 and the Avata uses the Consumer Drone Series version.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series

Mac V2.1.14
2022-11-22

that doesnt look old to me. what are you on about?

Also when updating via the DJI Fly App, make sure the app is on the latest version too.
2022-12-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thisisbinna. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. As SirStabbs mentioned, you may download and install the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) on your Mac to update the firmware of the devices. Also, you may try adjusting the screw located at the back part of the FPV Remote Controller 2 and check if there will be differences. Please see the image below as a reference:

We hope this helps. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-12-18
Use props
heho
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48419 ft
Germany

Hi, I have been able to solve the problem in the following way: I downloaded DJI Assistant 2 for FPV Series and was also able to launch it on a recent Mac (Ventura 13.0.1) (open manually and ignore messages from macOS). Then, I connected the powered on controller via USB and was able to update the firmware. After that, the controller sticks worked fine again, both in DJI Virtual Flight and with the Avata. Thanks for the answers.
2022-12-19
Use props
thisisbinna
lvl.1
  • >>>
Italy

ok I've finally made it to download DJI Assistant 2 for FPV Series and update the RC, I've tried it with the Virtual Flight and... IT'S WORKING!!!! Finally made it ahaha... I've to try in reality with the avata but I hope that if it's working with the simulator it's the same for the drone! THAN YOU ALL GUYS REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR ADVICES
2022-12-19
Use props
fmesut
lvl.1

Turkey

SirStabbs Posted at 2022-12-18 18:47
how is the app too old? are you sure youre looking at the corrent one? its DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series). There are different versions, the RC2 and the Avata uses the Consumer Drone Series version.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series

Hello, thank you for your help. I am grateful
2023-8-10
Use props
djiuser_AxvGk7mknA6d
New

United States

I have had the same problem and updating everything did nothing. Goggles, drone, controller all up to date. Connect but sticks do nothing.
2023-12-8
Use props
djiuser_AxvGk7mknA6d
New

United States

Had the same problem. Goggles, controller, drone all updated. Sticks do nothing. Calibrated the controller as well and it was reading the inputs during calibration but still nothing when I try to fly.
2023-12-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_AxvGk7mknA6d Posted at 12-8 17:34
Had the same problem. Goggles, controller, drone all updated. Sticks do nothing. Calibrated the controller as well and it was reading the inputs during calibration but still nothing when I try to fly.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Have you already tried DJI Gamora's suggestion in reply 11#? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-12-8
Use props
djiuser_AxvGk7mknA6d
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-8 19:51
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Have you already tried DJI Gamora's suggestion in reply 11#? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Yes everything it fully up to date and it is not anything unscrewed as it does show up correctly with all the stick inputs during calibration.
2023-12-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_AxvGk7mknA6d Posted at 12-9 01:43
Yes everything it fully up to date and it is not anything unscrewed as it does show up correctly with all the stick inputs during calibration.

Hi. Will it be fine if you post a video showing the issue when attempting to launch the aircraft? Thank you very much.
2023-12-9
Use props
djiuser_AxvGk7mknA6d
New

United States

It won’t let me submit a video
2023-12-9
Use props
djiuser_AxvGk7mknA6d
New

United States

What else would you like to see?
2023-12-9
Use props
djiuser_AxvGk7mknA6d
New

United States

djiuser_AxvGk7mknA6d Posted at 12-9 13:48
What else would you like to see?

The front lights are red and rear lights flash green every so often. The sticks do nothing and there are no error messages on the headset. Sometimes it says controller id error or controller stick error but they go away when I put it in manual mode and calibrate it. Still though the sticks have done nothing.
2023-12-9
Use props
djiuser_AxvGk7mknA6d
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-9 02:58
Hi. Will it be fine if you post a video showing the issue when attempting to launch the aircraft? Thank you very much.

Is there anything else you need to see to have any other solutions?
2023-12-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_AxvGk7mknA6d Posted at 12-9 22:01
Is there anything else you need to see to have any other solutions?

Hi. Sorry about the late response. You can upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and then paste the link here. Thank you very much.
2023-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules