Phantom 4 advanced is THE WORST product i have ever bought
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dekron
lvl.1

Czechia

Hey, my name is Filip and i am from czech republic

I bought second hand phantom 4 advanced like 2 months ago and everything was fine, no problems, everything working, original package etc....

One day, when i was filming my drone disconnected and flew 4times into wall, causing gimbal to break (kinda). Before walking home, we tested it, and everything was working, motors, camera, gimbal to balance. Because theres no dji center and its prob. not even in warranty, i took it apart to see whats wrong and discovered, that little part broke on motor, causing the whole gimbal to hang from the drone on just small pice of plastic... so i took it apart, glued it together, and it was okay. i turned it on, and theres no camera feed, which was fully working thing after crash. so i went to this forum and discovered i need a new ribon cable that goes through whole camera... so i bought one and replaced it. again, everyhing was okay, turned it on, feed is working, ayyyy... but the gimbal was stuck to right side and was not balancing, when i was rotating and video was shaky... i went again here and discovered that i must calibrate the gimbal in app to repair it, so i did.

Went to app, selected calibration and followed steps. BUT GUESS WHAT... fire started in the FKIN GIMBAL. there was smoke and weird smell. i lloked and the midle motor, the one that balances horizontaly blew up... MOTOR THAT WAS NEVER TOUCHED, it just blew during calibration... ARE YOU KIDDING ME? i spend hundereds of dollars on drone thats just ...ty as fck? why i repair one thing and other one stops working without even touching it WTF

So what now... i have to spend another money to repair it? it looks like its worth throwing in the bin lol
2022-12-18
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Your best option now is to send it in for repair. type DJI Support on the internet. It would also be good for us to see the crash log file. Could you please upload it? There are few experts with very knowledgeable advice on this forum. But they need data.
2022-12-18
Use props
Dekron
lvl.1

Czechia

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-18 11:23
Your best option now is to send it in for repair. type DJI Support on the internet. It would also be good for us to see the crash log file. Could you please upload it? There are few experts with very knowledgeable advice on this forum. But they need data.

hey, i can try if i will find it, give me few min.
2022-12-18
Use props
Dekron
lvl.1

Czechia

i hope its this one https://mega.nz/file/5wwRlDDL#22LJv_FlJDdm8gzg51-ZcgNf8U2KJL7al_4fPF2pWq0
2022-12-18
Use props
Dekron
lvl.1

Czechia

well, its not this one... i dont have even data flight logs from this day... i have video how it rammed into wall, but no log, which is weird, anyways my main problem is what to do, i am done with spending more money on parts, when drone is so ...ty. and theres no repair centrum
2022-12-18
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Open a ticket on DJI Support. You will receive a quote
2022-12-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-18 11:45
Open a ticket on DJI Support. You will receive a quote

DJI will charge just to look at a Phantom that is years out of warranty.
2022-12-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The Phantom 4 Advanced was a very good drone, but they are delicate machines and have not been made for several years.
How can you say that the drone is the worst product you ever bought, when you don't know what caused the crash and then you say that you took it apart and glued it back together?

To post your recorded data from the crash flight, go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
It has instructions to find the .txt file from your phone or tablet which you can upload to that site
Upload it and it gives you a summary of the flight data.
Post a link to that summary.

Or just post the .txt file

2022-12-18
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Labroides Posted at 12-18 13:22
DJI will charge just to look at a Phantom that is years out of warranty.

It is the best way for repair. Looks like he already burnt something by trying repair by himself.
2022-12-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis and for us to repair the unit. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2022-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules