Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Datastic372
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35446 ft
Costa Rica

Hi guys,

Newbie here to the forum and to drones.

Had my mavic mini 2 for about 8 months and had been really enjoying using it where we live in North West coast Costa Rica. Some crazy scenery here! About a month ago I started having issues with connectivity to the RC and maintaining signal. This happens from about 40m-65m from where I am stood. Im pointing the controller at the aircraft, its a relatively open area and I get a notification before losing signal completely or having to fly closer to be able to control the aircraft again. See image for the screenshot.

That picture is from today and as you can see is 64m from me. I have tried the following;

Deleting and reinstalling app x2.
Using both Android and Apple phones.
Updated firmware on drone.
Changed frequency manually to 5.8ghz.
Flying in a clear area.

Today I burnt 3 batteries trying to get something to change and still the same story. I tried to call DJI support who were useless, told me to take it to a repair centre. The issue is I live in Costa Rica and there doesnt seem to be one in the entire country even though they are selling them from DJI stores here.

I'm really hoping someone can help me!

Cheers.

Screenshot

Screenshot
2022-12-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Is the issue occurs in a different location? You may refer below for some useful troubleshooting that you can try and check if the issue persists.

1. Can you please also try to update the firmware of your remote controller via the DJI Fly app to see if the issue persists?

2. Check the remote controller antenna position. Please make sure to place the remote controller antenna in the optimal position.

3. Keep note of tree and house obstructions near the flying field. After flying for a period, note the obstruction near the horizontal line to ensure that there are no visible obstructions in the aircraft's direction.

4. Check whether there is significant interference in the flight environment. Common electromagnetic interference sources include but are not limited to Wi-Fi hotspots, routers, Bluetooth devices, high-voltage power lines, high-voltage transmission stations, mobile phone base stations, and television broadcasting towers.

Please keep us posted after you try the said troubleshooting steps. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-12-18
Use props
Datastic372
lvl.2
Costa Rica

Thanks a lot for the reply. I will try all of these and report back!

According to my DJI fly app everything is updated. Where do you go to specifically update firmware on controller?
2022-12-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Datastic372 Posted at 12-18 20:07
Thanks a lot for the reply. I will try all of these and report back!

According to my DJI fly app everything is updated. Where do you go to specifically update firmware on controller?

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know did you record the video? If so, would you please send it to us? Besides, can we have your DJI account to have a check?
For the services you feedback, could you mind telling us your phone number so that we can check and confirm with our teams?
2022-12-19
Use props
Datastic372
lvl.2
Costa Rica

@DJI Wanda, i sent you the info on DM as it wouldnt let me share it here!

Cheers.
2022-12-19
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Datastic372 Posted at 12-19 11:16
@DJI Wanda, i sent you the info on DM as it wouldnt let me share it here!

Cheers.

Thanks for your reply. We will check your issue and update you later.
2022-12-19
Use props
Datastic372
lvl.2
Costa Rica

Hi guys,

Once of the things DJI asked me to try and obtain was a log. They gave me the attached instructions. I manage to download the "app" but cannot get past this home screen with no options. The DJI word doc shows options to look at and review logs. I just get a USB moving towards the laptop, tried with the drone on, drone off, drone connected via USB. Nothing...

Any ideas?
Screen Shot 2022-12-20 at 8.35.29 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-12-20 at 8.37.37 AM.png
2022-12-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Datastic372 Posted at 12-20 06:43
Hi guys,

Once of the things DJI asked me to try and obtain was a log. They gave me the attached instructions. I manage to download the "app" but cannot get past this home screen with no options. The DJI word doc shows options to look at and review logs. I just get a USB moving towards the laptop, tried with the drone on, drone off, drone connected via USB. Nothing...[view_image][view_image]

Hello, there.  At present, the DJI Assistant 2 software downloaded from the official website cannot upgrade the DJI Mini 2 and DJI Mini SE directly, but the DJI Assistant 2 can be modified to achieve the upgrade. Please check the below steps:
a. Please download the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) from the DJI Website;
Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mini-se
b. Open the folder where the assistant software is located, and find the "DJI Engine" folder, find "defaultsettings.ini", then open it and change the "0" to "1".
Please retry again after that.
Also, may we confirm the phone number of yours which you used to contact our support at that time?
Our teams could not find any records.
2022-12-21
Use props
Datastic372
lvl.2
Costa Rica

Hi,

Thanks again for the help.

I deleted the DJI assistant. Re downloaded from your link the new version, opened the folder but there is no "DJI engine" folder nor file. Im using a mac, any idea where it may be located? See attached.

I called in using  (904) 686-6697, the call was Sunday just gone around 1pm CT. I also used the chat facility around the same time.

Thanks.
2022-12-21
Use props
Datastic372
lvl.2
Costa Rica

Happy Christmas all!!!

Sorry to report still having same issues. I was in the garden today with little surrounding me and couldn't get past 15 meters.  Link  to the videos below.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sydnfK03dPf5gbhGAD46BhpMB1OVklAh?usp=share_link

Today I tried;

Manual 5ghz and 2ghz.
Disconnecting controller to aircraft and re linking it.
Updating all software.
IMU calibration.
Compass calibration.
Phone on flight-mode.
Controller calibration.
Holding the controller in all manner of ways and pointing it at the aircraft.

Im really at a loss. There is not a repair centre in Costa Rica so may have to send it with a friend to the US.

If anyone has ANY ideas, im all ears.

Thanks.
2022-12-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Datastic372 Posted at 12-21 06:14
Hi,

Thanks again for the help.

Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. You may find this file (defaultsettings.ini) only.
We just let our engineers check your issue, we will recommend you send it back for further diagnosis if the issue occurs even after you change to several different places. Considering your location, you may ask our support for the details about the repair. Thanks.  
2022-12-27
Use props
Datastic372
lvl.2
Costa Rica

Hey,

Thanks for coming back to me. Who can I contact for support?

Given it was purchased here in Costa Rica, will any DJI service centre repair it?

Thanks.
2022-12-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Datastic372 Posted at 2022-12-28 13:04
Hey,

Thanks for coming back to me. Who can I contact for support?

Hi, Dan. We replied to your post here. Thank you.
2023-1-25
Use props
Datastic372
lvl.2
Costa Rica

Hi guys,

Thanks for ALL your really valued expert help. Im pleased to inform you that my drone is up and flying! So stoked. In the end DJI Costa Rica managed to get it fixed (after 2months!!!) under the warranty. It needed a new motherboard.

Cheers!!!!
2023-3-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Datastic372 Posted at 3-6 07:59
Hi guys,

Thanks for ALL your really valued expert help. Im pleased to inform you that my drone is up and flying! So stoked. In the end DJI Costa Rica managed to get it fixed (after 2months!!!) under the warranty. It needed a new motherboard.

We're glad to hear the good news, Dan! Thanks for sharing it with us. Should you have further inquiries, please reach us here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day.
2023-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules