Why did Mini SE suddenly go up?
753 6 2022-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jalapeno Farmer
lvl.1
United States

I am still learning the Mini Se, my 1st drone.  While the drone was hovering at eye level, I put my hand underneath it to see how much air flow there was and suddenly it rose straight up several inches and resumed hovering.  What caused the drone to do this?

2022-12-19
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12401030 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-19 10:15
The bottom Vision Proximity Sensors (VPS) sensed your hand & raised the drone.  It is normal.

Hi DB,

SE has 2 sensor systems on the bottom side, vision en infrared sensor.
Infrared sensor is used for the landing protection, hand under drone > it wil raise some height.

cheers
JJB
2022-12-19
Use props
Jalapeno Farmer
lvl.1
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-19 10:15
The bottom Vision Proximity Sensors (VPS) sensed your hand & raised the drone.  It is normal.

Thanks.  I will be researching VPS.
2022-12-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Jalapeno Farmer. Thank you for reaching out. Just like our fellow DJI users mentioned, it is caused by the Downward Vision System and Infrared Sensing System. In addition, the Downward Vision System and Infrared Sensing System help the aircraft maintain its current position, hover in place more precisely, and to fly indoors or in other environments where GPS is unavailable. You may check more information about the said systems in the manual, here's the link: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_v1.0_EN.pdf (Pages 15-16). We hope this helps. Thank you for your support.
2022-12-19
Use props
Jalapeno Farmer
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-19 20:07
Hi, Jalapeno Farmer. Thank you for reaching out. Just like our fellow DJI users mentioned, it is caused by the Downward Vision System and Infrared Sensing System. In addition, the Downward Vision System and Infrared Sensing System help the aircraft maintain its current position, hover in place more precisely, and to fly indoors or in other environments where GPS is unavailable. You may check more information about the said systems in the manual, here's the link: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_v1.0_EN.pdf (Pages 15-16). We hope this helps. Thank you for your support.

Thanks.  I had read that but did not relate that to what was happening.
2022-12-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Jalapeno Farmer Posted at 12-20 16:42
Thanks.  I had read that but did not relate that to what was happening.

Hi, Jalapeno Farmer. No worries. If you need further assistance don't hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Happy Holidays!
2022-12-24
Use props
cyan
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 202326 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
1-7 16:54
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules