DJI MIMO app freezes when saving video (during export)
3692 18 2022-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PC_xyz
lvl.1
Canada

Hello,

My DJI MIMO app freezes when saving video (during export). This has started happening in nov 2022.

Here are the steps within the DJI MIMO APP leading to the problem:
  • I finish editing the video in MIMO app
  • Select Export
  • Select either (720p or 1080p)
  • Un-select ''Public'' (leave other to no ''add location'', yes ''save draft'', no ''save to my story'')
  • Displays .... generating video ...
  • CANOT Select save only ... !!!  the app is frozen, nothing happens, nothing responds, until I force close the app. Then if I try again, this will still happen

Info:
Iphone 13 Pro MAX, IOS 16.2
Internal memory 45 Gb free / 128Gb total

DJI MIMO app most recent update (Dec 8 2022)
Problem ocurs with any video length creates the problem (all my tests were still under 2 minutes).
Problem occurs with or without music added to editing
Problem occurs with (720p or 1080p)
I have delete all saved drafts to free memory related to DJI MIMO

Thank you for your help.

2022-12-19
Use props
PC_xyz
lvl.1
Canada

Correction: Iphone 13 Pro MAX, IOS 16.2
2022-12-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, PC_xyz. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. We appreciate you giving detailed information. Have you tried reinstalling the app? If not, please try to reinstall it and make sure to back up everything before doing so. If the issue persists after that, please provide us with the following information below:

1. A video showing the operation and issue.
2. App log and tested date and time.
To upload the app log, please perform as follows: Go to “Profile”, tap the Settings icon, select “DJI Support”, “Log Upload”, and enter the log upload interface. Then input the related information and tap “Submit”. “Uploading Log” will be shown in the app and the QR code will be generated after upload.

Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-12-19
Use props
PC_xyz
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-19 19:02
Hi, PC_xyz. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. We appreciate you giving detailed information. Have you tried reinstalling the app? If not, please try to reinstall it and make sure to back up everything before doing so. If the issue persists after that, please provide us with the following information below:

1. A video showing the operation and issue

Thank you for the reply.

I have already un-installed and re-installed the app with no success in solving the frozen app issue.

For troubleshooting, as requested, I have just again removed and re-installed the app. It did not solve the issue.

I have prepared the QR code for support log as well as a video of the screen. Should I post here or there is a confidential method of sharing?

Thank you
2022-12-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

PC_xyz Posted at 12-20 01:55
Thank you for the reply.

I have already un-installed and re-installed the app with no success in solving the frozen app issue.

Hi, PC_xyz. Thank you for the update. Please upload the files to a shareable link like Dropbox or Google Drive and provide us the link via PM. Thank you for your cooperation and support.
2022-12-21
Use props
PC_xyz
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-21 01:30
Hi, PC_xyz. Thank you for the update. Please upload the files to as shareable link like Dropbox or Google Drive and provide us the shareable link via PM. Thank you for your cooperation and support.

Thank you, I have sent a PM with Dropbox link.
2022-12-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

PC_xyz Posted at 12-21 03:00
Thank you, I have sent a PM with Dropbox link.

Hi, PC_xyz. Thank you for getting back to us. I have replied to your PM. Thank you for your support.
2022-12-26
Use props
djiuser_ai4y8ZJDicgf
lvl.1

Germany

Hi, same problem here on iphone 13 with dji action 2 footage. Any solutions yet? Thanks
2022-12-27
Use props
fansec64136a
New
Romania

Hello,
Same here on iPhone 12 Pro 256gb
After working all day on a video, I can’t manage to export it because the app is frozen after the video was prepared to be saved.
2022-12-27
Use props
Stefan_Matei
New

Romania

Hi,
I have the same problem too. Iphone 12 Pro 128GB.
I just work a couple of days on a video, and now when i try to export it, my app randomly froze.

2022-12-31
Use props
djiuser_YW63CncAIcsV
New

Brazil

SOLUTION!!!! Use airplane mode on!!

Guys, I just put my phone in airplane mode on and it exported with no problems!!! If there is connection with wifi or cellphone data it doesn’t export! It seems its the publishing that is freezing the app! But to export the file to the phone we dont need internet!
Try it!!!
2023-1-3
Use props
djiuser_YW63CncAIcsV
New

Brazil

SOLUTION!!!! Use airplane mode on!!

Guys, I just put my phone in airplane mode on and it exported with no problems!!! If there is connection with wifi or cellphone data it doesn’t export! It seems its the publishing that is freezing the app! But to export the file to the phone we dont need internet!
Try it!!!
2023-1-3
Use props
PC_xyz
lvl.1
Canada

djiuser_YW63CncAIcsV Posted at 1-3 23:24
SOLUTION!!!! Use airplane mode on!!

Guys, I just put my phone in airplane mode on and it exported with no problems!!! If there is connection with wifi or cellphone data it doesn’t export! It seems its the publishing that is freezing the app! But to export the file to the phone we dont need internet!

Thank you for the message, however this does not solve my problem.
2023-1-4
Use props
TFarrington
New

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2022-12-19 19:02

1. A video showing the operation and issue.

App freezes (iphone) when I try and export. Nothing seems to help so I'm going to try and uninstall and reinstall.  However, I worked hours this morning on the video I want to export and do not want to loose the data.  Will uninstalling remove this video?  Oh, I also tried airplane mode as suggested above.
Thanks!
2023-1-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

PC_xyz Posted at 1-4 09:02
Thank you for the message, however this does not solve my problem.

Hi, PC_xyz. Thank you for patiently waiting. I have sent you a PM, please check. Thank you.
2023-1-15
Use props
PC_xyz
lvl.1
Canada

Hello all,

I wanted other users to receive DJI response that was sent to me privately. They replied that there is a bug in the DJI software and we should use a different app and different software as DJI has bugs. We will have to wait for a fix in the future.

Here is the formal DJI response: ''We now received feedback from our relevant team. Below are the details: • After analysis, it is found that there is a small bug in the DJI Miimo editor under a specific path. • The editor function will be upgraded in the future. For the time being, it is suggested to use another app for editing or other software for processing. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.''
2023-1-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

TFarrington Posted at 1-14 09:24
App freezes (iphone) when I try and export. Nothing seems to help so I'm going to try and uninstall and reinstall.  However, I worked hours this morning on the video I want to export and do not want to loose the data.  Will uninstalling remove this video?  Oh, I also tried airplane mode as suggested above.
Thanks!

Hi, TFarrington. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to read that you're having the same issue. Kindly refer to post #16. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-1-17
Use props
AlisaJ21
lvl.2

India

DJI Gamora Posted at 2023-1-17 07:54
Hi, TFarrington. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to read that you're having the same issue. Kindly refer to post #16. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.

I searched on every forum on internet and eventually end up fixing this by being stuck on "preparing video" after editing and saving on your iPhone. Here are some steps you can try to fix it:-
1. Double Tap:- Sometimes, a simple double tap on the progress bar can jumpstart the process. Try double tapping the "preparing video" message and see if it resumes.
2. Force Close Photos App:- Close the Photos app completely by swiping up on it in the app switcher. Relaunch the Photos app and see if the video has finished processing.
3. Restart iPhone:- A simple restart can often resolve temporary glitches. Press and hold the side button (or the top button on older models) and either volume button until the slide to power off screen appears. Slide the bar to power off your iPhone. Then, hold the side button again to restart it.
4. Storage Space:- Ensure your iPhone has enough storage space for the edited video. If it's full, delete unnecessary files, apps, or photos to free up space.
5. Less Edits:- If the edit was extensive, try reducing the number of edits or effects applied. Complex edits can take longer to process.
6. Delete and Re-edit:- If the above steps don't work, you can try deleting the partially edited video and re-editing it. This can sometimes clear up any processing issues.
Follow more instruction below.
3-18 03:02
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

AlisaJ21 Posted at 3-18 03:02
I searched on every forum on internet and eventually end up fixing this by being stuck on "preparing video" after editing and saving on your iPhone. Here are some steps you can try to fix it:-
1. Double Tap:- Sometimes, a simple double tap on the progress bar can jumpstart the process. Try double tapping the "preparing video" message and see if it resumes.
2. Force Close Photos App:- Close the Photos app completely by swiping up on it in the app switcher. Relaunch the Photos app and see if the video has finished processing.

Thank you for sharing your resolution, AlisaJ21. Hopefully, this helps other users too. Have a nice day!
3-21 05:41
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules