Does anyone know which version of the FLY app reintroduced values ..
557 12 2022-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

.....for flown-distance / OSD.milage [ft} in the .txt log?
The values disappeared when the .txts were frst encrypted, FLY 1.2.something, and were still absent with 1.5.4 but I have them back in /with i.9.0 in column K / 11. I haven't installed any version between 1.5.4 and 1.9.0.
Any other tit bits I might like buried in there ( Mavic Mini and Mini 2 )?

2022-12-19
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

It all depends how the person who decrypts the original flightlog add columns or delete columns in the CSV.
As the logs for the various DJI drones are not the same (but using the same FlyApp version),  some data is shown in CSV type1 drone but not in type2 drone....
Some fields in the CSV are always True or False for one type, but for another type data is correct changing True>False or v.v.

cheers
JJB
2022-12-19
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As the logs for the various DJI drones are not the same (but using the same FlyApp version)      ohh I know about that      it took me hours or trial and error numpty level coding to get my logbook script to handle the mini 2 and FPV logs

From memory the csv's coming from TXTlogToCSVtool ( Go & Go4), TXTlogToCSVtoolMM (Mavic mini up to Fly 1.2.2/4) and PH are all quite simlar but I sweated blood adapting it also work with the post 1.2.4 Fly app logs
2022-12-19
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 12-19 06:58
Hi,

It all depends how the person who decrypts the original flightlog add columns or delete columns in the CSV.

You have got me curious, what methods are there of decrypting encrypted Fly app logs, Phantomhelp  and flightreader do it and produce good csv's.
Airdata does it but their csv lacks a lot of info.
But those are the only three I know of, are there others?
I think you said your FRAP uses Phantomhelps csv.
2022-12-19
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-19 09:17
You have got me curious, what methods are there of decrypting encrypted Fly app logs, Phantomhelp  and flightreader do it and produce good csv's.
Airdata does it but their csv lacks a lot of info.
But those are the only three I know of, are there others?

you did name all the decrypters i know.....
2022-12-19
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 12-19 09:44
you did name all the decrypters i know.....

...... drat.. there's me hoping you had one or two up your sleeve
2022-12-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-19 10:17
...... drat.. there's me hoping you had one or two up your sleeve

Im sure you've seen this but just in case,  there is a big FAQ about the logs and various tools here - https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... alysis-guide.78627/
2022-12-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks DAFlys
2022-12-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 12-19 06:58
Hi,

Hi JJB.
I keep copies of logs and sometimes the csv's of problematic flights that have threads on here and MavicPilots.
Yesterday I ran my 'pilot's logbook' program on the applicable csv's from those problematic flights.

Amongst the things the progam lifts from those csv's are
the App version,
the distance travelled,
the maximum distance reached.
I don't know if this will work but I am attempting to attach part of the csv that stems that programme, the "$xyz" bit Refers to the column numbers for the relevant information as shown in the csv for a Go App flight, it is not necessarily the 'correct' column number in Fly app csv's but the program uses column titles/headers as indexes rather than column numbers (that's what caused me a lot of touble)
"my_Distance travelled_(m)_$10" was something I added a few months ago when I realised that the flown distances I was getting fron airdata could be 'flawed'. It calculates incremental distances and sums them to get a total distance flown over the whole flight. I.e. multiplies the instantaneous speeds by the last time increment to reach that point i.e. (current-flight-time-stamp  -  previous-flight-time-stamp), and adds that distance to the previous flown-distance-total to get a new flown-distance-total.

Obviously errors can be introduced with this approach but, going by my own flight logs, "my_Distance travelled" is often in fairly good agreement with "Distance travelled" WHEN "Distance travelled" is recorded in the logs.
The attached, if it works, show ONLY what I think are Fly App flights (going by the app version numbers), the program doesn't lift  "OSD.droneType" from the csv's. I will have to add it.

Ahhhh didnt work, I am going to try to convert it to a pdf.
The png is just to show the complete column titles, the pdf is the one with the info

1_Flightlog_summary_2022-12-22_(03-53-01)_for_JJB-5.png

1_Flightlog_summary_2022-12-22_(03-53-01)_for_JJB-5.pdf

194.39 KB, Down times: 2

2022-12-22
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-22 08:40
Hi JJB.
I keep copies of logs and sometimes the csv's of problematic flights that have threads on here and MavicPilots.
Yesterday I ran my 'pilot's logbook' program on the applicable csv's from those problematic flights.

Hi,

Interesting, but what is the question to me ?

I sum up total distance flown by calculating distance between each record using LatLon data.
Good result, LatLon data is almost always accurate  also ATTI flights due to compass failure.

I used to do lot of VB in Excel to automate large Excel programs.

As i understand i correctly you extract data from a flightlog CVS file into a summary Excel file?

cheers
JJB

2022-12-22
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No question, I just thought you might find it interesting and I couldn't add anything to a PM.

"I sum up total distance flown by calculating distance between each record using LatLon data."........ beyond my capabilities.

"I used to do lot of VB in Excel to automate large Excel programs."  ..... VB?

"As i understand i correctly you extract data from a flightlog CVS file into a summary Excel file?" ................ correct but en masse
2022-12-22
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-22 10:21
No question, I just thought you might find it interesting and I couldn't add anything to a PM.

"I sum up total distance flown by calculating distance between each record using LatLon data."........ beyond my capabilities.

VB  visual basic, actually it is VBA
2022-12-22
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cheers JJB
2022-12-22
Use props
Advanced