1116 13 2022-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PsychoKillerr8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84406 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I have the Avata and have been noticing that I only get about 4-6 Mbps when idle or flying. I can't figure out how anyone is getting the 50 Mbps shown in all the videos and advertised? Now, I am using the internal storage at this time and wondering if that is the reason why? I haven't tried the SD card yet, but I do live in the states, and have also tried putting my transmission into manual mode and all channels are still the same. Can anyone please tell me if its because I am using the internal storage? If so, that is just wasted space then which really sucks.

Thanks
2022-12-19
Use props
celltx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7399311 ft

Israel

When look at video on internal storage, the rate is 6 Mega-Bytes, on average. Each Byte is 8 bit. So, 6 Mega-bytes is equal to 48 Mega-bits.

Other people talk about transmission rate of 50 Mega-bits. So, this is about the same number.
2022-12-19
Use props
PsychoKillerr8
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

celltx Posted at 12-19 22:35
When look at video on internal storage, the rate is 6 Mega-Bytes, on average. Each Byte is 8 bit. So, 6 Mega-bytes is equal to 48 Mega-bits.

Other people talk about transmission rate of 50 Mega-bits. So, this is about the same number.

Thanks for the reply. What Im talking about is in this pic I included from a video review from YouTube. Everyone shows this, but mine says 4 or sometimes 6. Everyone else seems to have 50. Again, I live in the states so I should also have this be 50 but I'm no where close.
2022-12-20
Use props
Elendil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 458904 ft
Philippines

PsychoKillerr8 Posted at 12-20 00:13
Thanks for the reply. What Im talking about is in this pic I included from a video review from YouTube. Everyone shows this, but mine says 4 or sometimes 6. Everyone else seems to have 50. Again, I live in the states so I should also have this be 50 but I'm no where close. [view_image]

Check your transmission channel if it is in MANUAL or AUTO.
2022-12-20
Use props
MAF178
Second Officer
  • >>>
Kuwait

what about the indicator of the RC and HD ?
2022-12-20
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

That refers to the transmission of video from the aircraft to the goggles. It has nothing to do with data transfer rates to storage. As stated above, check your transmission channel.
2022-12-20
Use props
PsychoKillerr8
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I did. Doesn't matter if I put the transmission into manual or auto, they all only show between 4-6 Mbps. As I stated in my OP, in manual I get 3 channels but each one still only shows the low amounts. I also reboot it every time I change it just to be safe. Any other ideas why mine is so low? This would possibly also explain why my feed gets grainy and lose signal when only about 1/2 mile away?
Edit: Also, going into 40MHz still only gives me 1 channel, but 20MHz and 10MHz gives me 3 channels, but worst reception still. Drops to 1-4Mbps. Im in the states and thought by going into manual mode would show 3 channels in 40MHz? Also, all signals in all channels are red or jumping around from white to red, but never steady.
2022-12-20
Use props
willstones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 126906 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had this.  Did a factory reset on the Goggles and Drone and it was fixed. YMMV
2022-12-20
Use props
skunkwurk
lvl.2
United States

willstones Posted at 12-20 10:34
I had this.  Did a factory reset on the Goggles and Drone and it was fixed. YMMV

By factory reset do you mean reloading/refreshing the firmware?  I've been looking for a hard/factory resent for the avata, goggles and controller 2.  The only thing I've found points to refreshing the code.
2022-12-20
Use props
Woobisah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1702457 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm getting half the transmission rate when enabling d-cinelike.  As soon as I change back to normal I get the full 50Mbps.

2022-12-20
Use props
PsychoKillerr8
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Woobisah Posted at 12-20 17:29
I'm getting half the transmission rate when enabling d-cinelike.  As soon as I change back to normal I get the full 50Mbps.

I didn't even try that, I will see if that fixes it for me, but still shouldn't matter. I would think that both are in D-cinelike at 50Mbps-0
2022-12-20
Use props
Woobisah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1702457 ft
  • >>>
United States

PsychoKillerr8 Posted at 12-20 19:50
I didn't even try that, I will see if that fixes it for me, but still shouldn't matter. I would think that both are in D-cinelike at 50Mbps-0

Yeah it is kind of mind boggling that it happens, but literally cuts the transmission in half.  Even in Idle, you go from 7 to 3 or 4 and as soon as you go back to Normal, back to full again.
2022-12-21
Use props
fans68837a32
lvl.1
Flight distance : 735 ft
United States

PsychoKillerr8 Posted at 2022-12-20 00:13
Thanks for the reply. What Im talking about is in this pic I included from a video review from YouTube. Everyone shows this, but mine says 4 or sometimes 6. Everyone else seems to have 50. Again, I live in the states so I should also have this be 50 but I'm no where close. [view_image]

I just got my Avata yesterday and found it to have the same issue. The transmission was always at 7Mbps, even when motion 2 and Integra are immediately adjacent to the aircraft.
The issue was resolved (i.e., the transmission back to 50Mbps) after I started the motor. The issue turned out to be that the aircraft was in the low-power state.
2023-5-12
Use props
Enki Amenra
lvl.1
United States

Low power state. It should change once you start the motors and fly.
1-4 18:13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules