Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Fragile R/c GL300A model!!!!
1587 5 2015-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

Hello everyone. I want to warn about another potential weak spot on these units. I was flying today and noticed something "loose" in my radio controller today. It was concerning as I was definitely unhappy about something jossling around in there assuming that it might be metal. I have taken this apart mind you but was very careful on both disassembly and reassembly. Upon removing the back, some small pieces of plastic fell out. I searched and searched from whence they came and was about to give up when I noticed where they came from. The culprit came from around where the control sticks mount into the upper shell. Now, I have NEVER dropped or been rough on this controller. The sticks were still mounted on the shell but I could see missing plastic around 4 of the 8 mounting points (where I could see anyway). I am thinking that they were installed with tools that might have used too much torque. I heated up the glue gun and reinforced the spots and I don't see any further issues forming but wanted to let everyone know to be EXTRA careful while handling the remote to and from the case or however you carry it. If I had not modded the controller I would be sending it bact for replacement. Just a heads up.
2015-8-15
Use props
alessio.pac
lvl.2
Italy

Same problem for me! Plastic too fragile and probably the screws were too much tightened. I used glue to fix.
2015-8-17
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

jimcloud74 , I'm surprised that the plastic wasn't coming from the devise holder area.

Obviously with the demand for the Phantom 3 when first launched, short cuts were taken to speed up production. Now they are coming back to bite the owners in the butt with cracks in the transmitter body and the P3 shells.

As much as I would like to make the iPad/Driod devise holder rock solid, the attachment point is just plastic. You've got a choice, the holder being a little wobbly or breaking the top off the transmitter body. Doesn't bode well for long term durability. But then again, it's only $590 to replace the transmitter. :@
2015-8-17
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

gregg1r Posted at 2015-8-17 23:09
jimcloud74 , I'm surprised that the plastic wasn't coming from the devise holder area.

Obviously wi ...

Yeah,That is funny to me too. I replaced the tab holder with an Inspire. No issues there. Just where the control sticks mount from the inside. It's ok but I just wanted to warn folks to be extra careful. I transport in a backpack and could have had the transmitter get mashed in there. No idea though.
2015-8-17
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft

jimcloud74@yaho Posted at 2015-8-18 05:26
Yeah,That is funny to me too. I replaced the tab holder with an Inspire. No issues there. Just wher ...

Saw the same thing happen with someone else's 300B so not just a 300A.  Point is if you're going to open up, go VERY easy.  The worst part is seemingly separating the two halves. Most videos show somewhat yanking them apart. From what I saw, there is a "clip" like object on the top and bottom center.  Rather than yanking, I'd suggest lightly separating those clips and come apart straight up and down. Something like the plastic bone tool could probably help a lot..

https://www.google.com/search?q= ... T4KHUplB84Q_AUIBygC
2016-7-18
Use props
dhoomkethu
Banned

India

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules