847 7 2022-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have just noticed that even after media formatting (which I do on a regular basis) the Pano folders continue the sequence numbering.
Right now I'm on 100_0077.
How do I reset it to 100_0001 (or whatever the initial number is)?
Please advise!
2022-12-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, DarthSLR. Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, we cannot reset it as files and directories follow the incremental rules: The file names are DJI_0001 to DJI_0999. (Most files start from 0001, and seldom start from 0000.) After reaching 0999, the directory follows the incremental rules. (The original directory is 100MEDIA. 101MEDIA will then be added.) Then, the file name restarts from DJI_0001. Please refer to the flow chart below:

Incremental naming rules for Mavic 3
The basic logic is that the file index will increase based on sequences when the user uses different memory cards and avoids rollback due to a change of memory cards.
Example: Supposing that the latest index of the internal storage is 0003, the index generated for the next photo will be 0004. At this point, if a new microSD card (with the latest index in the microSD card being 0009) is inserted into the aircraft, the camera will deem that the latest index is 0009 when the default storage is switched to a microSD card. At this point, if no photo is taken and stored in the microSD card memory, the camera will deem that the latest index is 0009 and the index for the next photo taken will be 0010 when the default storage is switched back to internal storage again (even though the latest index in the internal storage is 0003).

We hope this helps. Thank you for your support.
2022-12-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-20 01:32
Hello, DarthSLR. Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, we cannot reset it as files and directories follow the incremental rules: The file names are DJI_0001 to DJI_0999. (Most files start from 0001, and seldom start from 0000.) After reaching 0999, the directory follows the incremental rules. (The original directory is 100MEDIA. 101MEDIA will then be added.) Then, the file name restarts from DJI_0001. Please refer to the flow chart below:
[view_image]

Very helpful information.  
2022-12-20
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-20 01:32
[view_image]

Thank you for the explanation.
Was it a recent change?
Because I sure took more than 70 panos with my M3C, and I only used the internal SSD.
And again, I’m talking about folder names in PANORAMA folder, which hold the DNG frames for each pano. They used to start from 0001 after each format.
2022-12-20
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

DarthSLR Posted at 12-20 07:10
Was it a recent change?
Because I sure took more than 70 panos with my M3C, and I only used the internal SSD.

This was part of the last update.
2022-12-20
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 12-20 07:50
This was part of the last update.[view_image]

yeah, that's what I thought...
DJI, can we change it back or make it optional?
2022-12-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DarthSLR Posted at 12-20 07:10
Was it a recent change?
Because I sure took more than 70 panos with my M3C, and I only used the internal SSD.

Hi, DarthSLR. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Kindly refer to the image provided by Mobilehomer below about the update. You're kind understanding is appreciated. Thank you.
2022-12-24
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This thread prompts the question, are the images shot under "Pano" named differently from normal images?

If not and they retain the form DJI_abcd.xyz then post #2 suggests the following. On the memory card, make, if possible, a copy of the last image file and rename it to DJ_0999.xyz, I haven't tried this on a phone, or controller, but it might be possible. That might then trigger the creation of a new 'Media' folder and the desired nomenclature.
I have done that using a computer i.e. created DJI_0999.xyz, and from memory it worked.

Alternatively post #2 makes me wonder if manually creating the 'next' 'Media' folder would have the same effect?

However, you could end up with a lot of DJI_'low-number".xyz images.
2022-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules