1647 9 2022-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vook
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64961 ft
Slovenia

Dear Dji,

would it be possible to increase the Mini 3 descend speed to the same 5 m/s as the Mini 3 pro has since all the other flight characteristics are already the same? When I was buying the drone, I didn't notice that the descent speed is lower than the one from the Mini 3 pro.

This is the only thing I am missing from the mini 3 and one that the drone is obviously capable of!

Thanks,
Peter

2022-12-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Peter. Thanks for reaching out, and congratulations on your new DJI Mini 3! The newly released DJI Mini 3 has a slower descent speed of 3.5m/s compared to the 5m/s descent speed of the DJI Mini 3 Pro. We understand how the request would be helpful and convenient for you. We will have this communicated with our DJI developers for attention. Significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com) or by checking the Release Notes specific to your product. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day!
2022-12-20
Use props
Vook
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64961 ft
Slovenia

Thanks for the answer, Tony. I really appreciate you forwarding this.

If you guys want to keep the descend speed lower to separate it from the "pro" drone (even though I don't think that makes much sense since the ascending speed and horizontal speed are already the same), maybe at least give the mini 3 a descend speed of 4.5 m/s.

One argument why this feature would be really helpful is in case the drone is still quite far up, but the battery is getting low and you need to bring the drone down to the ground in a safe manner, as quickly as possible. So if the drone is capable of descending faster, you should allow it to do that!

Peter
2022-12-20
Use props
angeloffate
lvl.4
Poland

i agree, please consider
2023-8-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Vook Posted at 2022-12-20 04:30
Thanks for the answer, Tony. I really appreciate you forwarding this.

If you guys want to keep the descend speed lower to separate it from the "pro" drone (even though I don't think that makes much sense since the ascending speed and horizontal speed are already the same), maybe at least give the mini 3 a descend speed of 4.5 m/s.

"One argument why this feature would be really helpful is in case the drone is still quite far up, but the battery is getting low and you need to bring the drone down to the ground in a safe manner, as quickly as possible. "
Whilst I understand your thinking........ I think you will find that the drone's firmware is designed to prevent that already. See page 15 of the manual.
The drone will start to descend when it thinks it has only enough charge left to get the drone to the ground, though initially the aim is probably to get the drone on the ground before the battery gets "critically low".
You can probably over ride this initial forced descent, by giving the drone throttle, but as the charge gets lower the ability to hold height is probably reduced.
You can test this behaviour yourself and in fact I would suggest that it is done once or twice, in a safe place and relatively low, just so you know what happens. Better to experience it like that for the first time rather than encounter it for the first time in a real flight.
I have done this right down to zero % with a mini 2  and at 0% the mini 2 seems to descend irrespective of the throttle commands but the drone was already so low that I didn't really have any time to assess the effect of joystick commands

In a normal flight having a drone 'at height' when the battery gets very low is, I would say, bad piloting.
2023-8-11
Use props
abaldoncini
New

Argentina

Agree to that. So slow descend speed, really unnecesarilly.
2023-8-31
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180604 ft
Hungary

In case of real plane comes it would be life saver!
Add this to the next firmware please.
2023-9-2
Use props
Intergames
lvl.2
Flight distance : 348455 ft

Mexico

It is really necessary for the descent speed to be more agile, not long ago a bird tried to attack the drone and it was really necessary to move and descend quickly, I think that for reasons of safety and product quality not to deliberately limit it just to separate it from its brother . Mayor, I would greatly appreciate it if you would take it into account.
2023-9-18
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Intergames Posted at 9-18 21:41
It is really necessary for the descent speed to be more agile, not long ago a bird tried to attack the drone and it was really necessary to move and descend quickly, I think that for reasons of safety and product quality not to deliberately limit it just to separate it from its brother . Mayor, I would greatly appreciate it if you would take it into account.

Descending is not the best way to escape a bird attack, I'd guess most aggressive birds can dive faster than a drone can descend......even in free fall, I'm pretty certain predatory birds can.
Climbing is the recommended escape path.
Of course if the bird is persistent then ultimately you will have to descend......
2023-9-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 9-19 00:13
Descending is not the best way to escape a bird attack, I'd guess most aggressive birds can dive faster than a drone can descend......even in free fall, I'm pretty certain predatory birds can.
Of course if the bird is persistent then ultimately you will have to descend......

That's a short term solution and only works in the with birds that give up quickly.

For determined attackers, climbing only exposes you for longer.
Breeding season has arrived and a number of birds that previously showed no interest in the drone are becoming very aggressive.
Lately I've had a number of harrowing encounters with crows that kept pursuing the drone for over a kilometre and going higher is no solution.
2023-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules