Arnor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

HEllo,

Due to EU regulations :
- flying with M300 is getting complicated in some ( many ) situations
- Cx is not near in sight for M300

Any one tested the M3T + RTK for mapping ( RGB and Thermal )? Any feedback? In the ideal world were money is no limiting factor we would get M3E and M3T ( + M3M ) but...

Also M3E/T/M have no Cx...anyone having a "feeling" about when it's going to be available ( or not ) on enterprise drones?

Cheers!

AR
2022-12-20
Use props
JoeGallimore
lvl.2
Flight distance : 150830 ft

United Kingdom

I've been playing with it for mapping using Flighthub 2. Not massivly impressed with the quality or lack of control over the settings. Will have a play with different software over the next couple of months.
2023-5-1
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

This may be a dumb question but I have been curious. What advantage exactly does the RTK module give the M3T? With it's main camera sensor size being less than half that of the M3E, and the electronic shutter. It seems like survey grade mapping isn't going to happen on the M3T with or without RTK. Now that we see the Mavic 3 Pro camera offering it's clear that DJI *could* have kept the same 4/3" sensor/mechanical shutter on the M3T, but they didn't. With it being almost $2000 more than the M3E there shouldn't have been any downgrades in cameras like they have done. Just my thoughts.
2023-5-7
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

Johnnokomis Posted at 5-7 17:50
This may be a dumb question but I have been curious. What advantage exactly does the RTK module give the M3T? With it's main camera sensor size being less than half that of the M3E, and the electronic shutter. It seems like survey grade mapping isn't going to happen on the M3T with or without RTK. Now that we see the Mavic 3 Pro camera offering it's clear that DJI *could* have kept the same 4/3" sensor/mechanical shutter on the M3T, but they didn't. With it being almost $2000 more than the M3E there shouldn't have been any downgrades in cameras like they have done. Just my thoughts.

My personal opinion : RTK is purely for positioning on M3T. I don't think it's as easy as the M3Pro. The thermal camera needs more space and therefore they removed the mechanical shutter : why make it more complicated when intended usage is inspection and governmental agencies. Also if you can sell two UAS...why shouldn't you?
2023-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules