Mavic 3 ATTI Mode - Feature Request
2858 11 2022-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc1b6553f
lvl.1

United States

DJI, please allow the use of an ATTI mode on the Mavic 3.  If satellite is lost, the M3 goes into an ATTI mode.  Our inability to practice ATTI mode with this aircraft creates an unsafe condition should the M3 suddenly drop into an ATTI mode.

Thanks.

TD
2022-12-20
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

The likelihood of losing GPS is extremely low with these aircrafts, unless it is caused by other faults in the aircraft. The likelihood of crashing in atti mode or loosing your craft is much higher , so flying around in your 2.5k camera drone in atti mode may be taking a bigger risk.

There are some very cheap but reasonably good drones that cost very little that might be a better choice and low risk than atti mode.
2022-12-20
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

https://www.amainhobbies.com/tra ... ra6608-blue/p576436
You might want to consider practicing with one of these;  once you are capable of flying circuits inside your bedroom, you can fly ANY DJI drone in atti mode easily...
2022-12-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, TD. Thanks for reaching out. The aircraft automatically changes to Attitude (ATTI) mode when the Vision Systems are unavailable or disabled and when the GNSS signal is weak or the compass experiences interference. In ATTI mode, the aircraft may be more easily affected by its surroundings. Environmental factors such as wind can result in horizontal shifting, which may present hazards, especially when flying in confined spaces. We understand that knowing how to control the aircraft when it reaches this mode will provide more safety and ease. We appreciate your suggestions and will communicate this to our related team for attention. Significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com) or by checking the Release Notes specific to your product. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day!
2022-12-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There used to be a trick to force anti mode but putting the metal from a soda can on top of the drone to block the GPS.
2022-12-21
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

DAFlys Posted at 12-21 02:19
There used to be a trick to force anti mode but putting the metal from a soda can on top of the drone to block the GPS.

Yep, but I wouldn't do it on such an expensive drone. On Mavic 2 I also saw some tweaks in custom DJI assistant versions to force it into Atti.
2022-12-21
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Check this video:
2022-12-21
Use props
fansc1b6553f
lvl.1

United States

Thanks DJI Tony.  You got it!  Pilot's train for the unexpected.  The M3 will go into ATTI mode with loss of satellite link.  This has happened and has been reported in this forum.  To those who say practice on an ATTI enabled drone; no two drone models behave the same in ATTI.  I have Phantoms that have ATTI enabled but I doubt they'll fly like an M3.  It's a public safety issue.  We should be able to train for anything this craft can do. The FAA requires that of us. And thanks Yaros1.  The MAVIC2 hack has been tried on the M3, looks like someone figured it out.  I'll have a look at it. I don't love hacks.  Hacks sometimes have unintended consequences.  I hope DJI sees the wisdom in enabling the ATTI mode at least for testing.  Thanks for listening DJI Tony.

Terry
Part 107 Pilot
2022-12-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fansc1b6553f Posted at 12-21 10:12
Thanks DJI Tony.  You got it!  Pilot's train for the unexpected.  The M3 will go into ATTI mode with loss of satellite link.  This has happened and has been reported in this forum.  To those who say practice on an ATTI enabled drone; no two drone models behave the same in ATTI.  I have Phantoms that have ATTI enabled but I doubt they'll fly like an M3.  It's a public safety issue.  We should be able to train for anything this craft can do. The FAA requires that of us. And thanks Yaros1.  The MAVIC2 hack has been tried on the M3, looks like someone figured it out.  I'll have a look at it. I don't love hacks.  Hacks sometimes have unintended consequences.  I hope DJI sees the wisdom in enabling the ATTI mode at least for testing.  Thanks for listening DJI Tony.

Terry

no two drone models behave the same in ATTI.  I have Phantoms that have ATTI enabled but I doubt they'll fly like an M3.
Atti Mode is just P-GPS Mode without the benefit of horizontal position holding which GPS provides.
All models fly exactly the same in atti mode.

The MAVIC2 hack has been tried on the M3, looks like someone figured it out.
Maybe it works on the Mavic 3, but last I heard, no-one could get it to work.

I hope DJI sees the wisdom in enabling the ATTI mode at least for testing.  Thanks for listening DJI Tony.
DJI won't do a thing, despite the reassuring copy & paste response from the moderator.
They haven't made a consumer drone with switchable Atti Mode since the Phantom 4 pro, many years ago and have no intention of giving users that feature back.

2022-12-21
Use props
CRAIGMART75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1543901 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the info
2022-12-21
Use props
fansc1b6553f
lvl.1

United States

Labroides,  The P4+ V2 is many years ago? Really?  I think your troll is showing. Do you own an M3?  Or do you just want to P*** on the parade.?
2022-12-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fansc1b6553f Posted at 12-21 23:52
Labroides,  The P4+ V2 is many years ago? Really?  I think your troll is showing. Do you own an M3?  Or do you just want to P*** on the parade.?

The P4+ V2 is many years ago? Really?
The P4 pro V2 was a minor update of the original P4 pro which was released in November 2016.
That was 6 years ago which is a long time in the evolution of consumer drones.
The Phantom 1 was only three years before that.

I think your troll is showing

I offer some factual information and you accuse me of being a troll !!
What makes you suggest that?

Do you own an M3?
What does it matter to you what I own?
How is it relevant?

Or do you just want to P*** on the parade.?
1. How do you think I'm doing that?
2.  Based on the tone of your posting, I'd suggest that accusation applies far more to you.
3.  Why are you such a prick?

2022-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules