Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Am I eligible for flyaway for an unretrievable drone?
2726 6 2022-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Ne6wNfRvBqp8
New
Flight distance : 28415 ft
Australia

Today I lost my drone in the water after crashing over a cliff. Not sure what happened, the drone just didn’t stop and kept flying until it hit a tree. After being stuck on the tree for a bit it fell down the cliff and into the water below. There is absolutely no way it can be retrieved, it’s literally impossible. It’s deep under water in an area full of sharp rocks and big waves.
I have dji care refresh with 1 flyaway. My question though is will I be eligible for flyaway in this instance? I read on this forum of other people being able to use their flyaway cover for drones lost into the water. I really hope I can. I have submitted my claim and uploaded the flight log into the cloud but I’m not sure what to expect now
2022-12-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hello. We're sorry to read about the unforeseen mishap that occurred with the recent flight. DJI Care Refresh flyaway replacement service supports the DJI Mini 3, DJI Mavic 3 Classic, DJI Avata, DJI Mini 3 Pro, DJI Mavic 3, DJI Mavic 3 Cine, DJI AIR 2S, Mavic Air 2, DJI Mini 2 and DJI Mini SE. If the above product flies away, after completing the replacement service process, you can obtain a functional product from DJI.

Furthermore, please be advised that data analysis can be offered to determine the cause of the incident if the drone is within warranty service. Your drone will be replaced without using the service plan if the investigation is a non-pilot error, however, you can also use the flyaway coverage if your product is supported and needed. I hope this answers your query. Should ou have further concerns, kindly keep us posted. Thank you for your support.
2022-12-21
Use props
djiuser_Ne6wNfRvBqp8
New
Flight distance : 28415 ft
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 12-21 09:47
Hello. We're sorry to read about the unforeseen mishap that occurred with the recent flight. DJI Care Refresh flyaway replacement service supports the DJI Mini 3, DJI Mavic 3 Classic, DJI Avata, DJI Mini 3 Pro, DJI Mavic 3, DJI Mavic 3 Cine, DJI AIR 2S, Mavic Air 2, DJI Mini 2 and DJI Mini SE. If the above product flies away, after completing the replacement service process, you can obtain a functional product from DJI.

Furthermore, please be advised that data analysis can be offered to determine the cause of the incident if the drone is within warranty service. Your drone will be replaced without using the service plan if the investigation is a non-pilot error, however, you can also use the flyaway coverage if your product is supported and needed. I hope this answers your query. Should ou have further concerns, kindly keep us posted. Thank you for your support.

Hi Diana thanks for your comment. The drone was a mini 3 pro. Would you be able to tell me if this type of incident is covered by flyaway please? I have submitted a claim but so far I haven’t heard back from dji
2022-12-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_Ne6wNfRvBqp8 Posted at 12-21 21:44
Hi Diana thanks for your comment. The drone was a mini 3 pro. Would you be able to tell me if this type of incident is covered by flyaway please? I have submitted a claim but so far I haven’t heard back from dji

Hello. Thank you for the response. I've checked your ongoing case as well as the ticket here in DJI, and I've found that you've replied to our team regarding this matter. Kindly wait for the response from our team as we will proceed with your request to determine the cause of the incident. We thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
2022-12-22
Use props
djiuser_twKtioqvK0Y0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1463238 ft
United States

Just checking in to see how your case was handled and how long it took to get a replacement. Thanks.
2022-12-28
Use props
djiuser_SL0gGu9DQ4CZ
New

Canada

Hi , today i was flying my mavic air. Its took a nice and good takeoff. I started recording the video and suddenly after 1-2 mins its fell down nothing was nearby no tree no bird no building. Its just fell down and broke its back sensor and gimble i doo have video as proof. I bought it in 2018. So is there any chance of replacement.
3-30 20:28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_SL0gGu9DQ4CZ Posted at 3-30 20:28
Hi , today i was flying my mavic air. Its took a nice and good takeoff. I started recording the video and suddenly after 1-2 mins its fell down nothing was nearby no tree no bird no building. Its just fell down and broke its back sensor and gimble i doo have video as proof. I bought it in 2018. So is there any chance of replacement.

Hi there, we are sorry to know about this accident. If you're able to retrieve the drone, you can submit a case through the link below and send it back for repair. Please note that you may need to pay for the repair out of the warranty period. http://www.dji.com/support
3-30 22:58
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules