Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Troubleshooting Remote ID Problem
4131 9 2022-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fines Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17269813 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey,

Wondering if folks have any suggestions. I updated my Avata, Goggles 2 and remote to the latest fw uisng DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series). I did this on a Mac.

After this I get image transmission from the Avata on the goggles but the "Remote ID error" flag is on screen despite my iPhone 14 (iOS 16.1.2) being plugged in and the DJI Fly app being open. The motors won't arm.

I've tried re-freshing all the fw again. I've deleted and re-installed the Fly app. I've tried 3 different cables. No joy.

Now the funny part - when I plug the goggles into my (non-cellular) iPad the Remote ID error goes away and I can fly.

So it seems the issue is a setting on the iPhone.

The Fly app doesn't seem quite right - when I close it out every time I re-open it I have to watch the intro video again and answer all the security questions again. This isn't how things have worked in the past.

On the phone in Settings > DJI Fly I have Location set to "while using", Bluetooth is on and Cellular data is on.

When the app gets going it shows the Avata on the screen and it has my address in the upper left hand corner, but the box in the lower right says "Connection Guide" and not "Go Fly".

If I click on the "Connection Guide" I get a white screen and the app freezes.

Any ideas on other steps to try? Thanks.
2022-12-21
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Have you login from DJI fly app?
2022-12-21
Use props
Fines Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hungdang Posted at 12-21 14:08
Have you login from DJI fly app?

Thanks - I forgot to mention that. Yes I did.
2022-12-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the inconvenience caused. May we confirm if the Fly app irregularities are observed when used only on the phone or on the iPad? And since you have tried some troubleshooting steps, but the issue persists, we'd like to help you further investigate. We need to collect the necessary data for the analysis. Kindly check your PM and respond at your earliest convenience. Thank you.
2022-12-21
Use props
Fines Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-21 20:53
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the inconvenience caused. May we confirm if the Fly app irregularities are observed when used only on the phone or on the iPad? And since you have tried some troubleshooting steps, but the issue persists, we'd like to help you further investigate. We need to collect the necessary data for the analysis. Kindly check your PM and respond at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

Hi,

Yes - the problems only happen with the iPhone (iPhone 14 Max, iOS 16.1.2). The Fly app regularly freezes on this phone. It froze when I video'ed the process. The Remote ID error flag stays on the screen in the goggles and will not clear.

On my iPad (3rd gen) running the latest iPad OS the Fly app works fine and the Remote ID flag goes away.

I've got the video and logs ready and will send them in a minute. In the video the DJI Fly app crashes at about 4m10s.

Thanks for the help. I've got a job in a couple days where I need this drone and would really rather not have to carry around my 13" iPad the whole time.
2022-12-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Fines Aerial Posted at 12-22 03:53
Hi,

Yes - the problems only happen with the iPhone (iPhone 14 Max, iOS 16.1.2). The Fly app regularly freezes on this phone. It froze when I video'ed the process. The Remote ID error flag stays on the screen in the goggles and will not clear.

We're sorry to hear that. And thank you for sharing the logs with us. We'll have you updated the soonest time possible. Keep safe.
2022-12-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Fines Aerial Posted at 12-22 03:53
Hi,

Yes - the problems only happen with the iPhone (iPhone 14 Max, iOS 16.1.2). The Fly app regularly freezes on this phone. It froze when I video'ed the process. The Remote ID error flag stays on the screen in the goggles and will not clear.

Good day. Thank you for your patience. Here are some recommendations from our engineers that you may try:
1. Connect the goggles to the mobile phone using an OTG cable and a lightning cable. Check if the same issue remains.
2. Ensure that the GPS signal is strong.
3. Enable "Location Services" on the mobile phone and the DJI Fly app.
On the mobile phone, go to Settings>Privacy>Location services>Switch On.
For the DJI Fly app, go to the Phone Settings>DJI Fly>Location>While using the app/Always.
If the issue persists after trying the above-mentioned steps, kindly provide us with the App log and the Goggles log.
To get the Goggles log, please use the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series). Please send us the logs via PM. Kindly keep us updated. Thank you.
2022-12-25
Use props
alexprecept
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7453530 ft
United States

Running an m300 rtk with a l1 and p1 I keep getting this message :

Sensor system initializing (0x1610001A) .Unable to take off. Wait for initialization to complete
before taking off

Seems related to remote id.
20230928_162210.jpg
20230928_182613.jpg
2023-10-1
Use props
djiuser_O3Dd6EdZZTMy
lvl.1

United States

Greetings,

This remote ID error issue has been happening for well over a month. I will attach 11 or more emails showing communication back-and-forth from DJI Support with no apparent solutions. I'm not able to find anyone with DJI who can pinpoint the error or errors causing this problem. I've spent hours on the phone with DJI Support giving information that they requested.  There seems to be no coherent continuation of dialogue; i.e. consecutive emails from DJI asked for the same information repeatedly. It's also worth observing that I have never had this issue before using this equipment for years. This issue only showed up a month or so ago. I still have no resolution to get this equipment operational without the remote ID error.

This is a list of steps that I've tried so far:
I have the latest DJI fly app on my Apple iPhone 13, Version 1.12.8. Also, I have deleted and reinstall the DJI Fly app to no avail.
I have insured that no other app is open when using DJI fly
I insure that I have good GPS signal. I used to be able to fly in my home and outside with no issues with remote ID.
I have Bluetooth on
I have location services on for DJI fly in the “always" mode.
I have the microphone off.
I have updated firmware on my Avata, controller and goggles V2.
I have the latest iOS version on my iPhone 13, version 17.4.1
I have tried to resolve this remote ID error via utilizing two different cell phones and two different iPads all with updated iOS versions and current DJI fly app versions with appropriate location services “on" and set to “always”. With these four different GPS inputs for location, I can occasionally be able to takeoff without the remote ID error only to have the error occur after a minute or two of flying and then I'm not able to takeoff again.
I have included below a snapshot of the iPhone 13 about page as well as other snapshots.  
3-29 19:55
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_O3Dd6EdZZTMy Posted at 3-29 19:55
Greetings,

This remote ID error issue has been happening for well over a month. I will attach 11 or more emails showing communication back-and-forth from DJI Support with no apparent solutions. I'm not able to find anyone with DJI who can pinpoint the error or errors causing this problem. I've spent hours on the phone with DJI Support giving information that they requested.  There seems to be no coherent continuation of dialogue; i.e. consecutive emails from DJI asked for the same information repeatedly. It's also worth observing that I have never had this issue before using this equipment for years. This issue only showed up a month or so ago. I still have no resolution to get this equipment operational without the remote ID error.

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. If it's fine, can you please post the screenshot showing the firmware version, app version, GPS function on the phone, and the app permission; a video showing the operation and the issue, and then DM me the app log, and goggles log? To get the app logs, please connect the phone used with the aircraft to a computer and then export all data under the "Logs" folder.
For the goggles log:
1. Power on the goggles;
2. Connect the goggles to the PC via a Type-C cable;
3. Open the downloaded DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones series), then enter the main page and click  "Log Export" to export the goggles log.
You can upload the files to any file-sharing site like Google Drive and then send us the link. Thank you for your patience. Have a nice day.
3-29 21:41
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules