15205 37 2022-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CWM-Wensing
lvl.2
Flight distance : 605417 ft
Netherlands

Hi all,

Just curious why there is an firmware update (01.00.0790) for the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom and what it entails.
The describtion simply states OPTIMIZED FLIGHT SAFETY. And it's approx. 227mb.

Does anybody here have some additional intel what to expect?

Best regards from the Netherlands!

Cristiaan
2022-12-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Yes, the DJI Mavic 2 (Pro and Zoom) has released a new firmware update V01.00.0790. It shows here that under this firmware update we optimized flight safety. We will coordinate this with our relevant team to confirm the additional information includes in this firmware update. We will keep you posted once we have an update. Thank you.
2022-12-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Cristiaan. Thank you for reaching out. And yes, according to the Release Notes, the new firmware "Optimized Flight Safety" for the Mavic 2 Series. We will have your inquiry forwarded to our designated team for confirmation. We'll update you the soonest time possible. Thank you for your patience. Have a nice day!
2022-12-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Cristiaan. We just received a confirmation from our related team. Please note that the security strategy of the aircraft is optimized in this firmware update to ensure your flight safety, so we recommend all users update the firmware to its latest version. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
2022-12-25
Use props
CWM-Wensing
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 12-25 22:17
Hi, Cristiaan. We just received a confirmation from our related team. Please note that the security strategy of the aircraft is optimized in this firmware update to ensure your flight safety, so we recommend all users update the firmware to its latest version. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Hi Tony, thanks for checking and the information.
2022-12-26
Use props
ArcticPhoto
lvl.4
Norway

IT is a huge update, and I am sceptical that DJI does not tell us what the update will do to the drone. For one, we can be sure that they have stopped the possibilty to "hack" the drone to remove the NFZ restrictions. And when they say that the "security strategy is optimized" I interpret that as they have crippled some functions of the drone.
I see no reason to update my Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom, they are working perfect now. At least I will not consider updating until I know exactly what changes they have done.
2022-12-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

CWM-Wensing Posted at 12-26 23:19
Hi Tony, thanks for checking and the information.

We're glad to be of help. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and happy holidays!
2022-12-27
Use props
Indio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

do i see correctly that this update does not include an update for the battery?
2023-1-1
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Very vague firmware notes that really tell you nothing.
Absolutely no reason to update.  There maybe restrictions, blocks or other cripples.  It certainly doesnt seem to add features.
At a guess they may block the certificate method to bypass NFZ and restrictions.
2023-1-1
Use props
MeAtHome
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84104 ft
Switzerland

My M2P is flying just fine. So, I do not bother in updating the firmware.
2023-1-2
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

MeAtHome Posted at 1-2 04:28
My M2P is flying just fine. So, I do not bother in updating the firmware.

Wise.
Clearly its adding no new features on a discontinued drone and there aren't any reporting outstanding bugs or safety issues.
Add that to DJIs reluctance to give details of what the update does then the obvious conclusion to draw is it introduces a restriction of some sort on use.
As such, there's no benefit to upgrading at all.

Remember they brought out a Mini 2 firmware a few weeks ago and the only things it did was disable rollback and disable DroneHacks.

2023-1-2
Use props
SoulMaster666
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2166814 ft
Chile

Hello everyone!!. I need help. This is my first post here

I just made the bad idea of upgrading the firmware of my M2P drone yesterday, and now I can't see any maps in the DJI Go 4 app.

The map service provided by mapbox simply disappeared. I can't see where my drone is located on the real-time map as usual, and when I go to the "download offline maps" section in the DJI Go 4 app, now it doesn't show anything. And when I try to download a new section of the map, I get a message saying "Download failed, please check your network connection". I did not change any permissions for the DJI GO 4 app on my phone. I've rechecked all permissions and tried using Wi-Fi and mobile data connection and nothing seems to work.

I tried to downgrade the firmware manually with the Dji Assistant 2 app and now it only shows the latest firmware update and the options to downgrade to the previous firmware just disappeared.

WTH did DJI do? Nothing like this had ever happened to me before. I really need help. I work with my drone and the flights for today were literally with my heart on my hands!!

I can't saw where my drone was and when I try to set the home point location, before the upgrade, always shows me a message with green letters saying "Home point recorded. Return-To-Home Altitude: X meters", and a woman voice says the same out loud. Now the app doesn't show this message and the woman doesn't talk to me out loud (lol). And I don't know if the RTH option IS WORKING OR NOT!!!

what else should I try?

I need help with this please. I'm sorry that my first message was asking for help, but I don't know what else to do.

And please excuse me if I made a typing mistake, I'm from Chile and my main language is Spanish.

Thanks in advance for any answers.
2023-1-3
Use props
Paul Kollitsch
lvl.1

Italy

gnirtS Posted at 1-2 04:46
Wise.
Clearly its adding no new features on a discontinued drone and there aren't any reporting outstanding bugs or safety issues.
Add that to DJIs reluctance to give details of what the update does then the obvious conclusion to draw is it introduces a restriction of some sort on use.

Hi to all,

I have Mavic 2 Zoom and Mavic 2 Pro, both with 01.00.0770 firmware with over 100 hours of flights and I do not want to update to the latest firmware for the reasons you cleverly explained. I would add, DJI, you thinks that we are all stupids? My Mavic 2 flights well in every scenarios so, DJI, with your misterious latest firmware you want to do the "coup de grace" to our Mavic 2, so we buy the Mavic 3? DJI, this is not serious and professional behavior to convince us to upgrade to the latest firmware. You should have mentioned, in a very detalied way, what are the critical bugs, what specific issues this latest firmware is addressing...

2023-1-4
Use props
Paul Kollitsch
lvl.1

Italy

SoulMaster666 Posted at 1-3 19:13

I just made the bad idea of upgrading the firmware of my M2P drone yesterday, and now I can't see any maps in the DJI Go 4 app.

Hi,

I'm sorry for what happened. After performing the firmware update is impossible to roll back to the previous version? This is another great reason to not update to the latest firmware!
2023-1-4
Use props
FloridaNext
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

I would only do the update if it introduced Remote ID. Without Remote ID, we'll soon have nothing more than a $1500 paperweight. And this would trigger the end of my hobby.

Otherwise, the drone runs fine without the update.

BTW: I'm now Captain - wow!
2023-1-4
Use props
CWM-Wensing
lvl.2
Netherlands

Hi Guys, (and girls).

I've got some feedback regarding experiences with this new firmware on another forum which might be helpful here.

Today 28.12.2022 I was out with a Mavic 2 Zoom drone that I bought brand new in 2018.
I have installed the new firmware for the Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom despite doubts whether it is a user trap and may degrade flight characteristics or shorten transmitter range or whether the drone will work with Litchi like Waypoint, tracking, circle and other features.
I declare that the new firmware V 01.00.0790 has not affected any features.
The drone fully performs all functions reliably and without change. It is stable , like nails in the sky.
In the GO4 application version V4.3.54 for android everything works reliably, smoothly without limitations. I made a flight to a distance of 5km and the signal was 80% strong.
Litchi performed Waypoint completely flawlessly. The drone descended, climbed, changed speed and also rotated to the point of interest. All as I had entered on the map on the computer at home as a plan for a future flight. I mean the planned mission with Litchi. 500m altitude is also allowed.
The only thing I have noticed is , that I cannot revert back to a lower or older firmware version. The option to descend to an older firmware version has been removed.
This is also what the computer program assistant for Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom shows. I don't regret anything that I can't downgrade the firmware. Because everything works flawlessly.
But it's up to everyone whether to update the drone or not. Make up your own mind people. But if you do the update, you will still be happy.

So, apart from the option to rollback on firmware, looks to be allright with no drawbacks.

2023-1-5
Use props
CWM-Wensing
lvl.2
Netherlands

Hi there,

Could it be that you were running 'older' firmware?
I the early versions the layout was a little bit different than today.

The map is still accessable. However you will need to have an active internet connection.
Was your phone really still connected? Perhaps a reboot will do the trick.

I dont think the firmware has anything to do with it.

2023-1-5
Use props
SoulMaster666
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2166814 ft
Chile

Hey guys, thx who all that answer my question for help!

I've performed a total uninstallation and cleaning of DJI GO 4, caché, files, etc. And later downloaded the installation pack directly from the DJI web, and now the map is working again!!

I've noticed that they changed the map provider!. Now the base map seems to connect directly to OpenStreetsMaps provider, and when I've had the problem, the app was trying to connect to Mapbox provider, and THAT didn't work.

Now I can see the map in real time and download offlines maps as usual without problems.

With the new firmware I didn't have any problem to flew a few missions with pix4D capture and ctrl+dji (the app that I use for photogrammetry).

Thanks for the answer and now I can give a proper feedback of my problem!
2023-1-6
Use props
DavidFerreira
lvl.1

France

J'ai moi aussi un Mavic 2 Pro qui fonctionne bien sauf que, de temps en temps, l'application me fait la mauvaise surprise de ne pas démarrer. Je suis alors obligé de la désinstaller puis, de la réinstaller, sur le terrain, quand il y a du réseau. Bien sûr, je peux m'assoir sur une prise de vue pendant une Golden Hour, et ranger mon drone. Ce qui vient de m'arriver tout à l'heure. En réinstallant l'application, j'ai un message comme quoi, elle est corrompue, même en la téléchargeant depuis le site DJI. Les choses se compliquent jusqu'à ce qu'enfin, je puisse à nouveau réactiver cette application. Etant donné que le Mavic 2 Pro est devenu obsolète, chose que je déplore, surtout à une époque où normalement, l'obsolescence programmée ne devrait être qu'un vieux souvenir, voilà qu'apparait des soucis avec l'application. De plus, c'est déplorable de constater que sur le site DJI, il n'y a plus moyen de trouver de pièces essentielles pour faire des réparations, voire entretenir le drone. Quant aux batteries, en plus d'être chères, c'est très difficile d'en trouver. Alors, je comprends que beaucoup se posent la question d'une mise à jour qui, tout simplement pourrait mettre en panne le drone, voire supprimer certaines fonctions essentielles. Franchement, pour un leader sur le marché du drone, je trouve que cette attitude n'est tout simplement pas correcte et respectueuse ni de l'environnement, ni des usagers. Le Mavic 2 Pro est un très bon drone voué à une mort certaine pour seulement des raisons de politique commerciale. Vraiment dommage.
2023-1-6
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

FloridaNext Posted at 1-4 11:54
I would only do the update if it introduced Remote ID. Without Remote ID, we'll soon have nothing more than a $1500 paperweight. And this would trigger the end of my hobby.

Otherwise, the drone runs fine without the update.

USA is one country.  Most of the rest of the world doesn't have that issue.

Also, even in the USA you can buy RID modules to add on.
2023-1-6
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

CWM-Wensing Posted at 1-5 04:40
Hi Guys, (and girls).

I've got some feedback regarding experiences with this new firmware on another forum which might be helpful here.

Do you use Dronehacks or any other utilities to enable FCC mode, NFZ certificates or altitude zones?  Do you use JeepDoors to disable Aeroscope data bits?

Because if not chances are you'd see nothing new.  But if you use any of the above its highly likely your drone is now crippled and they won't work any more.  The Mini 2 firmware a few weeks ago did this.
2023-1-6
Use props
ArcticPhoto
lvl.4
Norway

gnirtS Posted at 1-6 13:35
Do you use Dronehacks or any other utilities to enable FCC mode, NFZ certificates or altitude zones?  Do you use JeepDoors to disable Aeroscope data bits?

Because if not chances are you'd see nothing new.  But if you use any of the above its highly likely your drone is now crippled and they won't work any more.  The Mini 2 firmware a few weeks ago did this.

DroneHacks has made it clear that their FCC, NFZ and altitude hack will work on firmware .0790
2023-1-6
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

What about JeepDoors to disable Aeroscope telemetry packets?  The Mini2 firmware blocked that.
2023-1-7
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Indio Posted at 1-1 06:55
do i see correctly that this update does not include an update for the battery?

Correct, no battery updates involved.
2023-1-18
Use props
izotop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388763 ft

Slovenia

is there some official link and list of improved/changed things for this update? there seems to be 2 updates recently, since 1st was buggy. at least what this video suggest.
2023-2-4
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

izotop Posted at 2-4 17:53
is there some official link and list of improved/changed things for this update? there seems to be 2 updates recently, since 1st was buggy. at least what this video suggest.

May I ask where exactly did this guy get the details of this big list of improvements from???
2023-2-4
Use props
Muttley7
lvl.4
United States

May I suggest that you try using Litchi instead of DJI Go4?   Lithi costs only $25 USD and is by far the most versatile waypoint creation platform in existence.   I have only 2 flights thus far on my new-to-me Mavic 2 Pro, which was shipped to me with the .790 firmware already installed.

I was worried that Litchi might have been locked out by that new firmware update, since I NEVEr use DJI Go4, so it was a huge relief to see that all functionality of the drone remained unaffected.  Buy Litchi and once you start to use it there is no chance you will eve return to using DJI Go4.
2023-2-5
Use props
ArcticPhoto
lvl.4
Norway

izotop Posted at 2-4 17:53
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wWd8AIXYFo

I am too old and too experienced to believe in random youtubers, especially when they call themselves "Drone World Expert".
I do not trust what he says - there may be some truth in it, or it may not. We do not know, and there is the problem.
2023-2-5
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

It's to limit the use of your drone and effectively shorten it's usable life by making it a pain to use.
2023-5-7
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

DON'T DO IT... IT'S A TRAP
2023-5-7
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

ArcticPhoto Posted at 2022-12-27 01:19
IT is a huge update, and I am sceptical that DJI does not tell us what the update will do to the drone. For one, we can be sure that they have stopped the possibilty to "hack" the drone to remove the NFZ restrictions. And when they say that the "security strategy is optimized" I interpret that as they have crippled some functions of the drone.
I see no reason to update my Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom, they are working perfect now. At least I will not consider updating until I know exactly what changes they have done.

Same, havent updated the firmware for a few year and drone works perfect.. kep getting reminder but HELL NO... DJI support sux but the  really really want to sell new drones.
2023-5-7
Use props
Zyrandiel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 840410 ft
Philippines

I just installed this firmware today and halfway on my aerial mapping my RC disconnected. No fix works until now. All guides I encountered online cannot fix it.

My RC cannot be detected in DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic application

This is a bad beat, I was not able to finish my project today, and I have one more client tomorrow please help anyone.
2023-6-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Zyrandiel Posted at 6-14 01:08
I just installed this firmware today and halfway on my aerial mapping my RC disconnected. No fix works until now. All guides I encountered online cannot fix it.

My RC cannot be detected in DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic application

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to use a different USB communication cable when connecting your remote controller to the DJI Assistant 2? Also, when updating the controller, please make sure to install also the latest firmware to the aircraft to avoid firmware incompatibility. You may reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 software, you may download the software using the link below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic
2023-6-24
Use props
djiuser_7OyoVdyddoLn
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2022-12-25 22:17

Please provide SPECIFIC DETAILS to what this firmware update is for.  We are not looking for fancy words like flight safety, security strategy etc.-- this tells us NOTHING.

Q:  What exactly is security strategy mean?  What EXACTLY has changed, added, deleted, etc. with this update for 'security strategy' from previous versions?

2023-12-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_7OyoVdyddoLn Posted at 12-4 06:30
Please provide SPECIFIC DETAILS to what this firmware update is for.  We are not looking for fancy words like flight safety, security strategy etc.-- this tells us NOTHING.

Q:  What exactly is security strategy mean?  What EXACTLY has changed, added, deleted, etc. with this update for 'security strategy' from previous versions?

Hi. This refers to GeoZone's security strategy being optimized for flight safety.  Have a great day ahead.
2023-12-5
Use props
Steven Raskin
New

United States

My Magic Pro 2 says firmware v 01.00.0770 is “latest.” How do I get to 01.00.0790?
2-25 18:39
Use props
Steven Raskin
New

United States

My Magic Pro 2 says firmware v 01.00.0770 is “latest.” How do I get to 01.00.0790?
2-25 18:39
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Steven Raskin Posted at 2-25 18:39

Hi there, Steven. Have you already tried going to the General Settings and going to the About section then selecting "Check for updates" on the Aircraft? Also please make sure you are connected to a stable internet. Please keep us posted. Have a nice day.
2-25 20:38
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules