Mavic 3 Classic - Forward Vision Sensor Error
3894 15 2022-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb0d9309f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1732 ft
United States

I recently bought the Mavic 3 Clssic on the 10th of December... performed all the calibrations and firmware updates and recommeded and within 30 Seconds of flight i get "forward vision sensor error"... spoke to 6 DJI support persons and no solution was found. Regular check this, check that and solution was to return. Logisitcally its a nightmare as i dont live in the United States to retruning is a pain the ass and costly as you now have to pay import duties for items coming into the US.

Has anyone else had this error come up and what was the resolution? See picture of the error attached.

DJI says they have never had this report of the error.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
WhatsApp Image 2022-12-15 at 17.08.48.jpeg
2022-12-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We totally understand your frustration regarding this one and we apologize for the inconvenience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis and for us to repair the unit. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support .  The warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2022-12-21
Use props
djiuser_BWniBhmUclA5
lvl.1

Greece

Same problem/same message for me …  only 10 days I have it … and the last 2 days I got this message ….   I don’t  know what is it …
It’s a brand new unit … only 1 hour flying…
2022-12-28
Use props
fansb0d9309f
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_BWniBhmUclA5 Posted at 12-28 12:10
Same problem/same message for me …  only 10 days I have it … and the last 2 days I got this message ….   I don’t  know what is it …
It’s a brand new unit … only 1 hour flying…

What type of support did you get to try and rectify? All i keep being told is return it. Which logistically is a nightmare for me and with no compensation. Replacing an item does not compensate for the inconvenience caused. I wish you all the best. Hopefully you are in a better position than i am. So very disappointed in DJI.
2022-12-28
Use props
fansb0d9309f
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-21 19:33
Hi there. We totally understand your frustration regarding this one and we apologize for the inconvenience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis and for us to repair the unit. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support .  The warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

I am sorry but just replacing a unit isnt going to make up for the inconvenience caused and the fact that no compensation was even offered is even more dissappointing as i was contemplating getting the DJI Avata, but after this experience, it has left a sour taste in my mouth.
2022-12-28
Use props
TJay
lvl.3
Flight distance : 415830 ft
United States

Same exact error for me. Did you ever get this fixed? I'm refreshing the latest firmware update and will then calibrate IMU and GPS. Sure hope this doesn't have to go back to DJI. What a headache.
UPDATE: After speaking with tech support, they've determined that my Mavic 3 Classic has to go in for service. It only has 3.99 flight hours and is less than 90 days old. Not too happy right now.
downward error.jpg
2023-3-6
Use props
TJay
lvl.3
United States

Got my diagnosis from DJI repair. It's covered under warranty. They noted that the props will be changed too. (not covered - $40 charge I'll pay). That's weird because like I said, this drone has only 3.99 hours logged and I did not see any nicks or other damage to the props. I asked them to send back the old props when they return my drone to me. They said they can't do that. Strange.

Here's the exact discrepancy they listed on my repair ticket:
Lateral Vision System & Upward Vision System Module was malfunctioned, which caused abnormal calibration of visual sensor

2023-3-14
Use props
TJay
lvl.3
United States

Final update on this issue: I received my drone today. They actually sent me a brand new replacement. I did not realize they were replacing it as all communication from DJI indicated that they would repair it. Turn time was exactly 10 days from the day I shipped it out via UPS.
2023-3-17
Use props
djiuser_ndMVvb2O4cO4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2075919 ft
Latvia

TJay Posted at 3-17 09:49
Final update on this issue: I received my drone today. They actually sent me a brand new replacement. I did not realize they were replacing it as all communication from DJI indicated that they would repair it. Turn time was exactly 10 days from the day I shipped it out via UPS.

How fast did the service resolve the issue? I have the same problem, I sent to a local service (I have to follow my warranty protocol) and they sent my drone to an official DJI service in the Netherlands.
2023-3-28
Use props
djiuser_f30JOWQd376j
New

Philippines

I have saved up for a dji mini 3 mini for a holiday in the Philippines.I have it less than a week and have only flown it twice on holidays. During my second flight a whole host of errors popped up e.g downward sensor error ,forward sensor error , camera malfunction. I only flew it in optimum conditions.It is completely ruining my experience here.The only solution the support team offered me was to fly to the nearest service Centre which is a 2 hour flight away in Manila. Very disappointed in the product and the service. Again my trip is wasted . I will be seeking a refund as soon as I arrive back to my home country.
2023-3-28
Use props
TJay
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_ndMVvb2O4cO4 Posted at 3-28 01:31
How fast did the service resolve the issue? I have the same problem, I sent to a local service (I have to follow my warranty protocol) and they sent my drone to an official DJI service in the Netherlands.

Once DJI received the drone, they had a diagnosis 24 later
2023-3-30
Use props
TJay
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_f30JOWQd376j Posted at 3-28 09:27
I have saved up for a dji mini 3 mini for a holiday in the Philippines.I have it less than a week and have only flown it twice on holidays. During my second flight a whole host of errors popped up e.g downward sensor error ,forward sensor error , camera malfunction. I only flew it in optimum conditions.It is completely ruining my experience here.The only solution the support team offered me was to fly to the nearest service Centre which is a 2 hour flight away in Manila. Very disappointed in the product and the service. Again my trip is wasted . I will be seeking a refund as soon as I arrive back to my home country.

This issues seems to be happening more.
2023-3-30
Use props
goldbergs_lv
lvl.1
Latvia

TJay Posted at 3-30 10:20
Once DJI received the drone, they had a diagnosis 24 later

Ok, thanks for the info. Waiting for some news now from DJI side. Spring is coming and can't wait to get up in the air and capture some nice footage
2023-3-31
Use props
TJay
lvl.3
United States

goldbergs_lv Posted at 3-31 01:05
Ok, thanks for the info. Waiting for some news now from DJI side. Spring is coming and can't wait to get up in the air and capture some nice footage

Maybe DJI will send you a brand new drone like they did in my case.
2023-4-3
Use props
goldbergs_lv
lvl.1
Latvia

TJay Posted at 4-3 08:19
Maybe DJI will send you a brand new drone like they did in my case.

So here is my take on this all (maybe this would be helpful for someone).

First of all - if someone has this type of sensor error, make screen recordings on the remote (in different flying scenarios and light conditions). Save them (or upload on Youtube). Second - communicate with local and DJI service (in my case - local service was slow and provided DJI service tracking link and NR after my email to them). Don't be afraid to ask questions to DJI support on the progress (in my case - thanks to DJI Support on Twitter. DJI service on NL didn't get all the info and links to screen recordings from local service and they were ready to send back to me my faulty drone. After some conversations with support on Twitter, DM's with youtube links, etc - drone was rechecked and the problem was detected).

All the hustle took me somewhere around 1.5 month but now I'm back in the air with brand new drone (yes - drone itself was replaced with brand new unit and it works as it should).
2023-5-9
Use props
HawksEyeDrones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69111 ft
United States

I just returned mine yesterday to best buy. I use TotalTech and walked out with a new drone :-)
I had the same issues .
2023-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules