2002 8 2022-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
freedom2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 519747 ft
France

Hi all,

Before buying my Avata and the DJI remote Controller2, I wanted to be sure that I liked FPV flying in accro mode.

Thus I installed DJI VirtualFlight on my Pixel6 phone and launched successfully the App.
But no way to control the avata properly... Until I made a small adapter for my Turningy TH9x RC radio

And the result is really cool. You can fly with any radio which outputs PPM on the trainer port!

Video here :

Full project description here : https://hackaday.io/project/188679-a-poor-mans-fpv-journey

Merry X Mass !
JP
2022-12-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, very creative.  Great job.  
2022-12-22
Use props
freedom2000
lvl.3
France

And here is how to do yours !

Including all schematics and source code. It really simple to make it.
https://hackaday.io/project/188679/log/214590-dji-virtual-flight-rc-radio-interface

2022-12-24
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

... but then later you have to use the original DJI controller for better or worse, right...?   
2022-12-24
Use props
freedom2000
lvl.3
France

frankymusik Posted at 12-24 08:43
... but then later you have to use the original DJI controller for better or worse, right...?

Yep you will have to use it if you buy the avata !

But you can try the Sim with a real RC radio for free.
2022-12-24
Use props
freedom2000
lvl.3
France

And if you have a radio which outputs 3.3V PPM signal, then it can be even simpler

Details here : https://hackaday.io/project/1886 ... interface-33v-logic
2022-12-27
Use props
djiuser_6b6Mjawg1TLV
lvl.1

Canada

Great job!
This concept needs to be productized further and hopefully as a consumer friendly plug-and-play feature. Here is another use case in addition to the originally mentioned use case. Customers that bought into DJI ecosystem but fly drones with DJI Air units like Vista or O3 from third party manufacturers like GepRC (not DJI drones like Avata) want to use third party radios like Crossfire and ELRS they already have instead of buying yet another radio from DJI. Today, these customers can use simulators like Liftoff with their radios but not with Goggles 2 that doesn't have HDMI port nor get the quality graphics of DJI Virtual Flight. Such Bluetooth to RC converter feature will enable customers to use DJI Virtual Flight mobile app and get the most from the DJI ecosystem.
2023-3-2
Use props
djiuser_6b6Mjawg1TLV
lvl.1

Canada

frankymusik Posted at 2022-12-24 08:43
Only if you fly DJI drones. For those that use DJI Air units in third party drones would be able to fly them without the DJI remote controller and practice this sim when using this project. See my previous post for more thoughts.
2023-3-2
Use props
freedom2000
lvl.3
France

djiuser_6b6Mjawg1TLV Posted at 3-2 12:42
Great job!
This concept needs to be productized further and hopefully as a consumer friendly plug-and-play feature. Here is another use case in addition to the originally mentioned use case. Customers that bought into DJI ecosystem but fly drones with DJI Air units like Vista or O3 from third party manufacturers like GepRC (not DJI drones like Avata) want to use third party radios like Crossfire and ELRS they already have instead of buying yet another radio from DJI. Today, these customers can use simulators like Liftoff with their radios but not with Goggles 2 that doesn't have HDMI port nor get the quality graphics of DJI Virtual Flight. Such Bluetooth to RC converter feature will enable customers to use DJI Virtual Flight mobile app and get the most from the DJI ecosystem.

You got the idea
Your use case is a good one.

And it's easy to make one.

JP
2023-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules