Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
30fps mode and video transmission rate
4640 18 2022-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
willstones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 126906 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi,

I’ve been experimenting with the new 4k30 mode on the Avata. I’ve noticed that when I fly in this mode my video transmission rate to the Goggles 2 never gets above about 16mbps.

Is this expected behaviour? I’m assuming it’s because the frame rate is lower therefore the amount of video data transmitted is lower. But thought I’d check.
2022-12-22
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

i would also like to know
2022-12-22
Use props
Elendil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 458904 ft
Philippines

I experienced the same, 4k 30fps will only get up to 26Mbps causing the video transmission breaking when you're reaching more than 100m of distance. Defaulting to 4k 60fps will boost up to 50 Mbps which makes the 4k 30 fps kinda useless for the limited distance.
2022-12-22
Use props
willstones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 126906 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah just experienced that myself too. I guess I’ll be sticking to 4k60 from now on.
2022-12-22
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1241020 ft
United States

I did a test on that about a week ago and made a video about it. I believe they are now transmitting the frame rate to the goggles that you set the camera at. Meaning, before this update, no matter what you set the camera at, the goggles received 60FPS 1080p. Now I think it shows the frame rate you set it at. Here is the video I made in case anyone is interested in seeing it. FYI, if you view it here skip to about 6:26, if you go to YouTube to view it, I have chapters in the description so you can skip to it.

2022-12-22
Use props
Woobisah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1702457 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's not just the frame rate.  I had it at 4k60 and D-Cinelike on and got half the transmission even at idle.  As soon as I switched to Normal Color it went back to the full 50mbs
2022-12-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, willstones. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. We'd like to further investigate this concern. May we know if you can share a sample video showing the transmission rate issues? We will have it forwarded along with the video shared by FPVTrendz for confirmation. Kindly keep us updated. Thank you.
2022-12-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Elendil Posted at 12-22 04:45
I experienced the same, 4k 30fps will only get up to 26Mbps causing the video transmission breaking when you're reaching more than 100m of distance. Defaulting to 4k 60fps will boost up to 50 Mbps which makes the 4k 30 fps kinda useless for the limited distance.

Hi, Elendil. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry that you're experiencing the same concern. As we've requested from willstones, is it possible for you to share a short video showing the issue as well? We'd like to collect as much data as possible for a better analysis. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Have a nice day.
2022-12-22
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

Woobisah Posted at 12-22 19:42
It's not just the frame rate.  I had it at 4k60 and D-Cinelike on and got half the transmission even at idle.  As soon as I switched to Normal Color it went back to the full 50mbs

ok... sticking to 4k60fps and normal color for now then...
2022-12-22
Use props
djiuser_Tbsoa1HE270B
lvl.2
Italy

i had the same problem. avata in fcc got signal problems around 350mt
4k 60fps cinelike.

never tested others camera settings

2022-12-23
Use props
djiuser_YqUZFHfVYS9f
New

Lithuania

I had the same problem too. just take off and hovering 4k30fps "normal" color mode - 50mbps / 4k30fps "d-cinelike" color mode - 25mbps
2023-1-19
Use props
Lucho Gonzalez
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2383091 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

Do you know if they fixed that on the new december 2022 firmware? I need to shot on 30fps D-Cinelog and have a good and fluid video feed as well.
2023-1-21
Use props
adrian8891
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2643110 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Lucho Gonzalez Posted at 1-21 06:42
Do you know if they fixed that on the new december 2022 firmware? I need to shot on 30fps D-Cinelog and have a good and fluid video feed as well.

Im connecting to this question too!
2023-1-27
Use props
eighties.fpv
lvl.3
Germany

Hmm... mine works fine with 4k/30, 1/60, ISO 100, D-Cinelike. I have normal 50mbps.
2023-1-27
Use props
dado_pola
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1147411 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I have the same problem too, does anyone have the solution? I have tried reflashing the last firmware via Dji assistant 2 both on the drone and Google but the problem persists.
2023-1-29
Use props
JohnnyHendrikus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 676798 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I have the exact same issue, I can never get above 33mbps using 4k30 D cinelike!
2023-3-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, DJI Pilots. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry you're experiencing the same concern. We will forward this to our designated team for confirmation. We'll keep you posted on updates. Thanks for your patience.
2023-3-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. We just received an update from our engineers. Please note that the image transmission bitrate has no relation with ISO, shooting mode nor video resolution, and bitrate. It is determined according to the wireless signal quality, and the wireless signal quality will be affected by many aspects such as the real-time bandwidth of the image transmission and the strength of environmental interference, etc. To adjust the bitrate, users are advised to select the channel bandwidth (40Mhz, 20Mhz, 10Mhz) under transmission. It will assign you the best quality bitrate by default if you choose it automatically. The highest bitrate is related to the channel bandwidth (40Mhz or automatic, corresponding to the highest bit rate of 50Mbps, 20Mhz bandwidth, the highest bit rate is almost halved, 10Mhz bandwidth, the bit rate is reduced by half again), if the aircraft flies far away or blocks the signal, it will drop. You are also advised to change the testing environment and keep notes on the factors that may affect the image transmission bitrate. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-3-12
Use props
ro_walker
lvl.4
Brazil

i would also like to know
2023-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules