Drone will not take off in manual mode or fly
624 7 2022-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
towlek
New
United States

Hello,

I am new to this forum site. I have not used my Mavric air in 8 months and I am having issues with it. I go through the normal setup and calibration, I hook up my new phone to the controller. The screen is green in the upper left corner( ready to fly). I always use manual left stick down and left and right stick down and right. The propellers will not turn on, nothing happens. So I used the auto take off, drone starts up and lifts off and hovers about 4 feet off the ground. I move the sticks to fly and it will not respond? It will not go up or down. I had to use the auto button to make it land, any idea whats going on? I would appreciate any help.

Thank you
2022-12-22
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try calibrating the controller, also check which stick mode the controller is in.
If the drone has OA and it was on were you flying in a confined space?
That said if it completely refused to obey stick commands when hovering you may have bigger problems.
If you go to
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/
you will find instructions for retrieving the flight logs, upload the .txt flightlog to that site and then post the resulting URL here.
If you can copy or move your logs, both .txt and .DAT,  to computer.
The DAT might be useful but you may have to upload the DAT to a hosting site, make it publicly viewable and then post the URL here too. The DAT's should be found in a subfolder, named MCDATsomething, where you found the .txt logs.

2022-12-22
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Potentially your CSC input is an issue here. Try putting both sticks to opposing bottom corners. (Left stick bottom left, right stick bottom right). There's a chance that DJI changed the CSC command, but I've always done corners CSC so can't say if your method works.

Also, you mention calibration process. Unless the drone says it needs calibrating, you should not do so. Also, if it does suggest calibration, it's worth checking if it's consistently asking this or if it's just where you've placed the drone. If you have a lot of ferrous objects near it, this might cause the compass to drift. Take the drone elsewhere and see if it still asks to complete a calibration.

Reason for saying about calibration is because some people unnecessarily do this and cause bad calibration.
2022-12-22
Use props
towlek
New
United States

CloudVisual Posted at 12-22 11:49
Potentially your CSC input is an issue here. Try putting both sticks to opposing bottom corners. (Left stick bottom left, right stick bottom right). There's a chance that DJI changed the CSC command, but I've always done corners CSC so can't say if your method works.

Also, you mention calibration process. Unless the drone says it needs calibrating, you should not do so. Also, if it does suggest calibration, it's worth checking if it's consistently asking this or if it's just where you've placed the drone. If you have a lot of ferrous objects near it, this might cause the compass to drift. Take the drone elsewhere and see if it still asks to complete a calibration.

Thank you. I did get an error about the compass and ferrous metal.
2022-12-22
Use props
towlek
New
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-22 06:31
Try calibrating the controller, also check which stick mode the controller is in.
If the drone has OA and it was on were you flying in a confined space?
That said if it completely refused to obey stick commands when hovering you may have bigger problems.

Thank you, I will try your suggestion.
2022-12-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, towlek. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry to read about the difficulties you have experienced. A Combination Stick Command (CSC ) is used to start the motors.

Please try to start the motors using these commands. Moreover, kindly check as well if the propellers are properly mounted. Ensure that the propellers with white marks are attached to the motors with white markings. Unmarked propellers should be attached to the motors without markings.

You may also try calibrating the remote controller and checking the Stick Mode set on the app as mentioned by Sean-bumble-bee in the comment above. Go to DJI GO 4 Settings-Remote Controller Settings>Remote Controller Calibration and Stick Mode. If the same issue persists, kindly provide a short video showing the takeoff failure. We will be waiting for your update. Have a nice day.

2022-12-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

towlek Posted at 12-22 20:10

There's a 99.9% chance that was not about the drone but was about where you placed the drone.
2022-12-22
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 12-22 21:27
There's a 99.9% chance that was not about the drone but was about where you placed the drone.

Ignore me, I misread
2022-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules