Avata factory reset
6586 8 2022-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skunkwurk
lvl.2
United States

Is there a way to factory reset the drone and controller2?  I would also like to reset all bindings from these devices?  I only see a reset option within the goggles, but believe that is only for the goggles, not the drone or the remote(s).

2022-12-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, skunkwurk. Thanks for reaching out. Please note that the DJI Avata and the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 cannot be reset to their Factory Settings, we apologize. To unbind the drone from your account, you must use the DJI Fly app. Ensure that the device is connected to the internet and follow this path for unbinding:
Profile>Device Management>Account and Device>Remove device from account.
You may also unbind the more controller through a similar path:
Profile>Device Management>Value-Added-Service>Unbind Device.
Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day.
2022-12-22
Use props
celltx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7399311 ft

Israel

If one opens Settings/About menu, it has "Reset All" option in the end. Does it return the system to the factory state? If not, what settings are retained?
2022-12-23
Use props
Alex Q The2basic
New

Canada

Hello I am getting a motion controller error message in my goggles Integra. I suspect during firmware update the file became corrupt because the download stopped 3 times.
How do I reset the RC2 motion controller or will this unbinding process work? Can I reset to a more previous firmware?

2023-11-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Alex Q The2basic Posted at 11-22 10:22
Hello I am getting a motion controller error message in my goggles Integra. I suspect during firmware update the file became corrupt because the download stopped 3 times.
How do I reset the RC2 motion controller or will this unbinding process work? Can I reset to a more previous firmware?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Can you please provide us an image of the error message showing on your Goggles? You may connect the DJI Goggles Integra and your DJI Motion Controller via DJI Assistant 2 software and please update/refresh the firmware of both Goggles and RC. You may download the software using the link below. I will also post a link where you can check some useful tutorial videos for your future reference. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Goggles Integra tutorials: https://dji.com/goggles-integra/video

DJI Assistant 2 software download: https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series

2023-11-26
Use props
fansa7911dff
lvl.1
Spain

Hello,
I bought a second-hand Avata (only the drone, without goggles or motion controller) and it is linked to the previous owner's account. And the drone cannot be armed.
The previous owner has given me his DJI account so I can log into the DJI Fly and unlink it.  But since I connect it through my DJI FPV goggles, when I try to unpair it, an error appears.  Is there any way to do it?
Thanks!
2023-11-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fansa7911dff Posted at 11-29 04:37
Hello,
I bought a second-hand Avata (only the drone, without goggles or motion controller) and it is linked to the previous owner's account. And the drone cannot be armed.
The previous owner has given me his DJI account so I can log into the DJI Fly and unlink it.  But since I connect it through my DJI FPV goggles, when I try to unpair it, an error appears.  Is there any way to do it?

Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. May we know what error message are you getting? Thank you.
2023-12-8
Use props
SebOFPV
lvl.2

France

fansa7911dff Posted at 2023-11-29 04:37
Hello,

Hi @fansa7911dff , I faced the same issue and had many mails with DJI support.
DJI doesn't want to intervene (except to try to reach out to the previous owner so that he 'unbinds' the avata from his account).
No success, and DJI didn't help much, meaning my Avata is useless; 300€ to the trash..  
If you had more success with DJI support, I'd be interested in your solution
1-15 16:16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

SebOFPV Posted at 1-15 16:16
Hi @fansa7911dff , I faced the same issue and had many mails with DJI support.
DJI doesn't want to intervene (except to try to reach out to the previous owner so that he 'unbinds' the avata from his account).
No success, and DJI didn't help much, meaning my Avata is useless; 300€ to the trash..  

Hello. Please note that normally only the account owner has the right to unbind the drone with the account. This limitation is used to protect the ownership of the product and in respect of the privacy rules and regulations.
If you purchase a second-hand drone, we recommend you try to contact your seller to confirm with the previous owner to log in to the account and unbind the drone first. Then you can log in to your account to bind it.

Furthermore, if your dealer can't contact the previous owner, please let us know. We can try to contact the previous owner. But we could not guarantee the result. We will try to wait for the owner's answer within 5 working days and give you feedback as soon as possible. Hope for your understanding and support.
1-20 01:49
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules