Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stefgo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5081736 ft
France

Hello

I just received a classic Mavic 3.
I am a professional photographer only (no video) and I am very disappointed with the color quality with the M3C...
When shooting the sun, there is a strong magenta color cast on both sides of the frame, and the sky gradation is not good and smooth.
The color results are much better with my mavic 2 pro!!!
With a larger sensor and 10 bit colors I was expecting a better result than M2P but this is not the case !

I shoot only DNG files (AEB mode) and use original and colorchecker profils in lightroom.
I create DNG pano and with the M2P final image is very good , no color cast, smoth gradation from the sun to the end of the sky
but with the M3C image look like the old 1" phantom 4 pro sensor !! (magnenta and green cast)

Do you notice that problem too ?

(sorry for my english I'm french)
2022-12-23
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Magenta has always been a telltale of a DJI camera. The only one which doesn’t seem to is the X7 (inspire).

Post a picture of what you’re experiencing and maybe it might be a fault, as it’s certainly got better over the years.

In post production, you can select the colour and adjust the hue to reduce the magenta, which shouldn’t affect your image that badly. Also, worth checking the colour profile for the camera is being utilised.
2022-12-23
Use props
Fulmo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 177516 ft
Germany

I have been using the Mavic 3 Classic since November. I have not had the problems you describe. You can find one or the other picture here in the forum:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=281790

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=281192

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=280571

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=280412

I work with Adobe Lightroom and usually in AEB mode. Maybe it would be helpful to see a picture that shows the problem you describe.
2022-12-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, stefgo. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Would you mind sending us the original photos taken by the Mavic 3 along with the firmware versions for further checking? Thank you.
2022-12-23
Use props
stefgo
lvl.4
France

Hi Gamora
We can see on the sides of the Fram a magenta cast (the most difficult to corrige in post) and a green one around the sun. Not have this issue with my M2 pro...

2022-12-24
Use props
stefgo
lvl.4
France

on this HDR panorama it is very important...

8 pictures on 2 rows
iso 100
f4,5
speed AUTO
DNG
no front filter
incorporated profil
assembled in HDR panorama in Lightroom classic 12.1

2022-12-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

stefgo Posted at 12-24 00:51
on this HDR panorama it is very important...

8 pictures on 2 rows

Hi, there. Thanks for your update.
Could you please send us the original photo via Google Drive or Dropbox?
Then we can send it to our engineer and do our best to help asap.
Thanks again in advance.
2022-12-26
Use props
stefgo
lvl.4
France

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-26 01:47
Hi, there. Thanks for your update.
Could you please send us the original photo via Google Drive or Dropbox?
Then we can send it to our engineer and do our best to help asap.

Hi Natalia

please find a link to download originals DNG files of this DNG panorama:

https://we.tl/t-IfYZN4sHeZ

2022-12-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

stefgo Posted at 12-26 03:10
Hi Natalia

please find a link to download originals DNG files of this DNG panorama:

Thanks for your update, we will send it to our engineer asap.
2022-12-26
Use props
stefgo
lvl.4
France

DJI Natalia Posted at 2022-12-26 03:16

On this one we can see some blues lines around the sun...
2023-1-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

stefgo Posted at 1-3 06:19
On this one we can see some blues lines around the sun...[view_image]

Thanks for your update.
To solve this problem, you can adjust the composition and exposure, and you can also try to adjust the Angle slightly as well. If you still meet this problem, please feel free to let us know.
As for the previous question, we are still checking the details and will keep you updated here.
Thank you again for your support.
2023-1-4
Use props
paikan
lvl.3

France

stefgo Posted at 1-3 06:19
On this one we can see some blues lines around the sun...[view_image]

This  looks like a some light flare on the top right.
2023-1-5
Use props
stefgo
lvl.4
France

paikan Posted at 1-5 22:23
This  looks like a some light flare on the top right.

Yes I know  I it is flare, my mavic 3 classic has a strong magenta/blue color cast in the edges of the frame and the flare is blue too ! Usually on many lenses the flare is green or yellow/orange but not blue.
I ask DJI to verify if my M3C has not a lens issue.

2023-1-5
Use props
stefgo
lvl.4
France

DJI Natalia Posted at 2022-12-26 03:16

Hi

Do you have an answer from your engineers ?

Thank you
2023-1-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

stefgo Posted at 1-9 09:10
Hi

Do you have an answer from your engineers ?

Hi, there.
Thanks for your patience and sorry for the belated reply.
For your problem, it is suggested to adjust the composition and exposure. If you still have this problem or if there is anything else that we can help with, please just let us know.
Thank you again for your support.

2023-1-11
Use props
brenthudson2
lvl.1

Australia

we had that problem but with raw and a good editor set to DJI settings in the render settings ( LUTs) its fantstic clean 4K we are using Da Vinci 18
2023-1-11
Use props
stefgo
lvl.4
France

brenthudson2@gm Posted at 1-11 20:41
we had that problem but with raw and a good editor set to DJI settings in the render settings ( LUTs) its fantstic clean 4K we are using Da Vinci 18

Yes but I'm only using  DNG files in Lightroom. No LUTS in video...
2023-1-11
Use props
stefgo
lvl.4
France

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-11 19:46
Hi, there.
Thanks for your patience and sorry for the belated reply.
For your problem, it is suggested to adjust the composition and exposure. If you still have this problem or if there is anything else that we can help with, please just let us know.

Hi
That is your answer to my problem ?
Adjusting Composition and exposure ?  You can see on the pictures I sent you earlier I have the problem on every single shot in any exposure)
You want to see more files ? At f2,8 to f11 in any direction ?

I'm a professional photographer, I sell my photo to my clients.
This Mavic 3 classic is not a tool for professional photography. I'm very disappointed about color quality.
There is a magenta and green color cast on my DNG files all the time
I don't have this issue with my mavic 2 pro.
Can I ask for an exchange to see if this problem remains on anotherM3C  drone ?
If not can I ask for a refund ?

2023-1-11
Use props
stefgo
lvl.4
France

2023-1-11
Use props
stefgo
lvl.4
France

on this one the sky is totaly grey but when I increase the contrat  the color cast is it is clearly visible !

2023-1-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

stefgo Posted at 1-11 23:50
on this one the sky is totaly grey but when I increase the contrat  the color cast is it is clearly visible !

[view_image]

Thanks for your timely update, Stefgo.
If you still meet this problem, it is suggested to send us your drone, we will test it and keep you updated via Email asap, you can click this link to start a case: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav
2023-1-12
Use props
Mark MaoGowan
lvl.2

Australia

Useless.................              
2023-1-24
Use props
stefgo
lvl.4
France

Mark MaoGowan Posted at 1-24 17:31
Useless.................

why ?...........
2023-1-24
Use props
rent
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
United States

Many variables at play here from flare to defects in lens or sensor, etc. Suggest to shoot a well lit white background, focused and defocused, to see if problem can be reproduced in a controlled environment as a first step. If problem still exists, perhaps DJI would then not suggest change camera angle / exposure as a remedy.
2023-3-5
Use props
djiuser_eQjXSt7SEO9A
lvl.1
Flight distance : 141076 ft
Thailand

Hi Stefgo. How does end this issue? Because I have the same problem.
2023-3-23
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

It cannot be fixed guys...
From poor lens of Mavic 3 to how is the sensor positioned, you will get this color contamination....
Have nothing to do with the promoted quality of Hasse....
2023-3-28
Use props
stefgo
lvl.4
Réunion

djiuser_eQjXSt7SEO9A Posted at 3-23 08:54
Hi Stefgo. How does end this issue? Because I have the same problem.

Hi, still have the problem because  in my opinion it is lens flare...
That's why I did not send the drone to DJI.
I try to fix that in postproduction.

2023-3-28
Use props
stefgo
lvl.4
Réunion

Geo_Drone Posted at 3-28 01:33
It cannot be fixed guys...
From poor lens of Mavic 3 to how is the sensor positioned, you will get this color contamination....
Have nothing to do with the promoted quality of Hasse....

Yes I think you are right...
2023-3-28
Use props
Jabi Sanz
lvl.1
Thailand

stefgo Posted at 3-28 06:03
Hi, still have the problem because  in my opinion it is lens flare...
That's why I did not send the drone to DJI.
I try to fix that in postproduction.

Hi, first of all Thank you very much for your answer. I have tried to deal with the problem in post processing, there is some photo that I can but most of them, it is impossible. The problem is so serious, that I have to destroy the image to be able to remove the cast color, and I do not speak of the panoramas, the problem is even bigger.
How you normally do in post? remove saturation and rising luminosity?
2023-3-28
Use props
stefgo
lvl.4
Réunion

Jabi Sanz Posted at 3-28 16:59
Hi, first of all Thank you very much for your answer. I have tried to deal with the problem in post processing, there is some photo that I can but most of them, it is impossible. The problem is so serious, that I have to destroy the image to be able to remove the cast color, and I do not speak of the panoramas, the problem is even bigger.
How you normally do in post? remove saturation and rising luminosity?

Hi, yes the problem is serious but I'm a pro photographer and I use local color correction with masks in photoshop... Sometimes I change  completely the sky etc. Do you have the possibility to try another M3C to see if the problem remains ? I ask myself to use my DJI care to get a new drone and test it...
2023-3-28
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24572349 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think what you’re describing is normal and is annoying. You have to shoot at an angle that limits how much of this you will see. I think it has to do with the curve of the lens but I am kit an expert.  
2023-3-29
Use props
Jabi Sanz
lvl.1
Thailand

stefgo Posted at 3-28 19:41
Hi, yes the problem is serious but I'm a pro photographer and I use local color correction with masks in photoshop... Sometimes I change  completely the sky etc. Do you have the possibility to try another M3C to see if the problem remains ? I ask myself to use my DJI care to get a new drone and test it...

Hi Stefgo, can i have your contact? I would like to chat with you on private. Thanks
2023-3-31
Use props
Jabi Sanz
lvl.1
Thailand

JJMik Posted at 3-29 06:44
I think what you’re describing is normal and is annoying. You have to shoot at an angle that limits how much of this you will see. I think it has to do with the curve of the lens but I am kit an expert.

If i have to shot and move the angle of the drone to don't have this problem, then im not shooting what i want to shot. This is unacceptable
2023-3-31
Use props
stefgo
lvl.4
Réunion

Jabi Sanz Posted at 3-31 18:51
Hi Stefgo, can i have your contact? I would like to chat with you on private. Thanks

Hi Jabi, yes we can chat in private, it is by email ?
2023-3-31
Use props
Jabi Sanz
lvl.1
Thailand

stefgo Posted at 3-31 20:09
Hi Jabi, yes we can chat in private, it is by email ?

I have send you a friend request here and also some DM, let me know if you got it
2023-4-1
Use props
felix the cat
New
Flight distance : 51614 ft
Singapore

I'm, just now on working on a client job, I'm a professional photographer and have used the Mavic 1, 2 Pro and now just bought the Mavic 3 classic. The results are absolutely shocking. My phone camera looks much better. It's unacceptable for such an expensive drone and for the advertisement they make for it. The M2Pro is indeed much better, but unfortunately they stopped producing spareparts and batteries, so I had to sell it.
Its essential to be able to buy new batteries as they blow up after 2-3 years.

I love the M3 Classic otherwise. Everything is better. in regards to the flight capabilities...BUT the photography quality is kind of essential for a professional photographer.

The unqualified answers here from support does nothing good, Change composition and angle??? WTF. Are these guys kids?

In fact I already start to see negative feedbacks from the client about the poor quality. I never ever had that with my Mavic 2 pro. Very disappointing.

2023-4-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

felix the cat Posted at 4-11 23:54
I'm, just now on working on a client job, I'm a professional photographer and have used the Mavic 1, 2 Pro and now just bought the Mavic 3 classic. The results are absolutely shocking. My phone camera looks much better. It's unacceptable for such an expensive drone and for the advertisement they make for it. The M2Pro is indeed much better, but unfortunately they stopped producing spareparts and batteries, so I had to sell it.
Its essential to be able to buy new batteries as they blow up after 2-3 years.

Your description doesn't match my experience or that of many other users.
Instead of just telling us that the image quality is bad, how about posting a couple of examples to show  what it's like.
2023-4-12
Use props
stefgo
lvl.4
Réunion

Labroides Posted at 4-12 00:13
Your description doesn't match my experience or that of many other users.
Instead of just telling us that the image quality is bad, how about posting a couple of examples to show  what it's like.

Hello Labroides, do you have any problem with magenta or green color cast on your DNG files ? In any shooting conditions the results are perfects as the M2pro? If it is the case my M3C may have an issue and I need to replace it...
2023-4-12
Use props
stefgo
lvl.4
Réunion

2023-4-12
Use props
stefgo
lvl.4
Réunion

Here'a an exemple  we can see that the snow is not perfect , somme green and magenta areas appears...
2023-4-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules