6550 38 2022-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just got a new firmware update this evening, but the release notes were a little lacking... any ideas folks?

Went to version 1.00.0450

2022-12-23
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Surprising Dji never pinned a post for the update like they normally do.
2022-12-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, TonyPHX. Thank you for reaching out. The first one on the list is regarding the Propeller Guard which will be compatible with DJI Mini 3 Pro and DJI Mini 3 and will be soon launched in our online store (https://store.dji.com/product/dj ... &from=store-nav).

The second one refers to some occasional issues reported by customers. If you encounter any issues with the update or any other feedback on it, just let us know. Thank you for your support.
2022-12-23
Use props
Amit Dunsky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1083205 ft
Israel

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-23 23:01
Hi, TonyPHX. Thank you for reaching out. The first one on the list is regarding the Propeller Guard which will be compatible with DJI Mini 3 Pro and DJI Mini 3 and will be soon launched in our online store (https://store.dji.com/product/dji-mini-3-360-propeller-guard?set_region=US&from=store-nav).
[view_image]
The second one refers to some occasional issues reported by customers. If you encounter any issues with the update or any other feedback on it, just let us know. Thank you for your support.

Is there a disclosed list of those "occasional issues"?
2022-12-23
Use props
Mirek_62
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45171 ft
Czechia

DJI Gamora Zveřejněno ve 23.12. 23:01
Ahoj, TonyPHX. děkujeme, že jste se ozvali. První na seznamu se týká Propeller Guard, který bude kompatibilní s DJI Mini 3 Pro a DJI Mini 3 a bude brzy spuštěn v našem internetovém obchodě (https://store.dji.com/product/dji-mini-3-360-propeller -guard?set_region=US&from=store-nav).
[view_image]
Druhý se týká některých příležitostných problémů hlášených zákazníků. Pokud narazíte na nějaké problémy s aktualizací nebo jinou jinou vazbu k dejte nám vědět. Děkuji za vaši podporu.

Položka 2 se zdá být velmi „vtipná“. 2. DJI Mini 3 Pro nepodporuje vyhýbání se překážkám po instalaci krytu vrtule

2022-12-24
Use props
kosnis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459347 ft
Greece

Amit Dunsky Posted at 12-23 23:59

maybe something to do with gimbal problems like shaking-waving ??  That would be nice...
2022-12-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Now those are huge prop guards.  
2022-12-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-24 01:31
Now those are huge prop guards.

Bet they aint for the UK....
2022-12-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 12-24 04:56
Bet they aint for the UK....

Apparently one of the YouTube reviews said they were.    Triggered people complaining in the comments that  you could buy these but not the plus battery.  
2022-12-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

SOP for DJI when they issue FW updates it seems.  I updated the Mini 3 Pro and all 6 batteries.  Short test flight but didn't see anything different in performance.
2022-12-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-24 05:06
Apparently one of the YouTube reviews said they were.    Triggered people complaining in the comments that  you could buy these but not the plus battery.

If that is the case then what the hell are DJI paying at, but it looks like i might be right, they are on the US page but not the UK or EU

https://store.dji.com/product/dji-mini-3-360-propeller-guard
2022-12-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 12-24 07:40
If that is the case then what the hell are DJI paying at, but it looks like i might be right, they are on the US page but not the UK or EU

https://store.dji.com/product/dji-mini-3-360-propeller-guard

I guess the YouTuber could have been wrong then,   I was just checking which video it was but cant find it.   to be honest I cant recall what the channel was either.  

It's like DJI dont realise that we have different rules in the UK now.  
2022-12-24
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hi, TonyPHX. Thank you for reaching out. The first one on the list is regarding the Propeller Guard which will be compatible with DJI Mini 3 Pro and DJI Mini 3 and will be soon launched in our online store (https://store.dji.com/product/dji-mini-3-360-propeller-guard?set_region=US&from=store-nav).
[view_image]
The second one refers to some occasional issues reported by customers. If you encounter any issues with the update or any other feedback on it, just let us know. Thank you for your support.

@DJI Gamora - thank you for sharing a pic of the guards!  Those are huge, but of course I should get a set for when I dare to fly near people with long hair.
2022-12-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-24 07:47
I guess the YouTuber could have been wrong then,   I was just checking which video it was but cant find it.   to be honest I cant recall what the channel was either.  

It's like DJI dont realise that we have different rules in the UK now.

Yep and no matter how much you try to tell them and by showing them the official pages etc, it falls on deaf ears.
2022-12-24
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I suspect that DJI reads what people type and ears don't actually come into it
2022-12-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-24 09:48
I'd say the wind resistance drops from Level 5 to Level 2 with those sails installed.

I dont think you're supposed to use them outdoors.  
2022-12-24
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-24 10:50
I dont think you're supposed to use them outdoors.

Over people.
2022-12-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-24 11:24
I don't use prop guards at all, but I see people who do purchase them for outside use & who seem to think of them as some sort of desirable tech accessory.   The Mini 3 version is proportionally the largest I have seen.  Remember the odd cages for the Mavic Pro that required the special undersized props?

Agreed on all points.   I wonder if there’s some marketing companies for a special use case that’s coming.  
2022-12-24
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

"Bug fixes" is an irritating generic line that tells nobody anything useful at all.
2022-12-24
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

gnirtS Posted at 12-24 14:12
"Bug fixes" is an irritating generic line that tells nobody anything useful at all.

it's a term we use to basically tell folks "it's none of your business."  manufacturers are not obligated to tell you every single bug they fix or improvement they make or adjustment they put into place.  i know you won't believe this but bug lists are nothing new and have been published for decades and there's a very good reason for not telling customers and your competitors everything that was wrong with your equipment.  alot of them most people wouldn't understand it anyway.
2022-12-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 12-24 15:51
it's a term we use to basically tell folks "it's none of your business."  manufacturers are not obligated to tell you every single bug they fix or improvement they make or adjustment they put into place.  i know you won't believe this but bug lists are nothing new and have been published for decades and there's a very good reason for not telling customers and your competitors everything that was wrong with your equipment.  alot of them most people wouldn't understand it anyway.

Agreed, especially when its something little, phone App devs are a good example for "Bug fixes". It could be anything from a typo to an optimisation.
2022-12-24
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 12-24 15:51

Properly arrogant reply.  Im fully aware how it works - i write software.

Given nobody has a clue what bugs exist or are fixed nobody can make an informed decision as to whether its worth upgrading or not.
DJI has a habit of releasing firmware with broken features that negatively affect the drone.
By telling customers what is and isnt changing they can make an informed decision as to whether they need to update or are better off staying.

DJI also has a habit for shipping negative things (RID etc) in firmware mixed with useful improvements and also has various versions where you can't roll back.

A sensible customer here would think "i dont have prop guards so im not going to update"
2022-12-25
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 12-24 17:53
Agreed, especially when its something little, phone App devs are a good example for "Bug fixes". It could be anything from a typo to an optimisation.

They need to have a wheel that we spin on what is included with the update Bashy!   : )  Spin the wheel and guess what we get!
2022-12-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

TonyPHX Posted at 12-24 07:56
@DJI Gamora - thank you for sharing a pic of the guards!  Those are huge, but of course I should get a set for when I dare to fly near people with long hair.

Hi, TonyPHX. No worries! Be careful flying near people with long hair even without those propeller guards. Happy Holidays, TonyPHX!
2022-12-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Amit Dunsky Posted at 12-23 23:59

Hi, Amit Dunsky. Thank you for reaching out. Regretfully, there's none. I'll be more than happy to share it with you if ever it becomes available. Hoping for your kind understanding.
2022-12-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mirek_62 Posted at 12-24 01:05
Položka 2 se zdá být velmi „vtipná“. 2. DJI Mini 3 Pro nepodporuje vyhýbání se překážkám po instalaci krytu vrtule

Hi, Mirek_62. Thank you for reaching out. You are correct, Mini 3 Pro does not support obstacle avoidance after installing the propeller guard and cannot actively detour or brake when it senses an obstacle. When using intelligent features, the aircraft will not have obstacle avoidance capability as well. There's a possibility that they will sense the propeller guards as obstacles which is why they are better disabled. If you're used to flying the drone with obstacle avoidance while flying then we don't recommend this one. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2022-12-26
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wonder it will fix the fly away issue mine suffered from. Luckily it only flew into a parked vehicle and I was able to collect it.
2022-12-29
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1433114 ft
United Kingdom

ShadyDealer Posted at 12-29 12:14
Wonder it will fix the fly away issue mine suffered from. Luckily it only flew into a parked vehicle and I was able to collect it.

Ouch not good. Gimbal OK?
2022-12-30
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

primeshooter Posted at 12-30 03:30
Ouch not good. Gimbal OK?

Sadly not. Cracked and no longer functions. I believe it was a malfunction of the Mini 3. I’ve had owned several DJI drones and still use a MP2 and never experienced erratic behaviour like the Mini 3 did when it took off. I had no control over it.

The outer casing is light damaged as well. All 4 props damaged. I’m dreading DJI after care side of things and think they’ll point to liability being user error but I’m confident it wasn’t anything I could have done.
2022-12-31
Use props
keithyboy1960
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85666 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, TonyPHX. Thank you for reaching out. The first one on the list is regarding the Propeller Guard which will be compatible with DJI Mini 3 Pro and DJI Mini 3 and will be soon launched in our online store (https://store.dji.com/product/dji-mini-3-360-propeller-guard?set_region=US&from=store-nav).
[view_image]
The second one refers to some occasional issues reported by customers. If you encounter any issues with the update or any other feedback on it, just let us know. Thank you for your support.

why has the mini 3 pro now got landing legs .is it because they are receiving lots returned with gimble damage
this should have been done from the start, and now to my cost i have a stuck gimble
can you send out the parts so we can add landing legs and still remain under 250g
2022-12-31
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Sending out landing legs to add to a drone is not likely.
2022-12-31
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

keithyboy1960 Posted at 12-31 10:32
why has the mini 3 pro now got landing legs .is it because they are receiving lots returned with gimble damage
this should have been done from the start, and now to my cost i have a stuck gimble
can you send out the parts so we can add landing legs and still remain under 250g

The Mini 3 has the legs, the Mini 3 Pro does not.
2022-12-31
Use props
fansa7459f48
New

United States

It made my aircraft unplayable.
2023-1-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

keithyboy1960 Posted at 2022-12-31 10:32

Hi, keithyboy1960. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to read that you're getting a gimbal stuck message on your Mini 3 Pro. Regretfully, Mini 3 has the only one that has landing legs from the Mini 3 series. When a “Gimbal Stuck” warning is shown in the DJI Fly app (error code 40002), the gimbal may be stuck by debris (for example, the aircraft was powered on when it was folded, or the gimbal protector was not removed.). Please check whether there is debris on the gimbal. If yes, clean off them, restart the aircraft, and calibrate the gimbal. Or please try powering off the aircraft and move the gimbal gently at every angle with your hand, and check whether there is any debris in the gimbal. If not, power on the aircraft and calibrate the gimbal.

In this case, please check whether the debris is stuck in the gimbal. Please remove the debris, restart the aircraft, and then recalibrate the gimbal. If the issue persists, please go to Online Repair Request {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index} and send back the aircraft to DJI for diagnosis. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-1-7
Use props
keithyboy1960
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85666 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-7 06:52
Hi, keithyboy1960. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to read that you're getting a gimbal stuck message on your Mini 3 Pro. Regretfully, Mini 3 has the only one that has landing legs from the Mini 3 series. When a “Gimbal Stuck” warning is shown in the DJI Fly app (error code 40002), the gimbal may be stuck by debris (for example, the aircraft was powered on when it was folded, or the gimbal protector was not removed.). Please check whether there is debris on the gimbal. If yes, clean off them, restart the aircraft, and calibrate the gimbal. Or please try powering off the aircraft and move the gimbal gently at every angle with your hand, and check whether there is any debris in the gimbal. If not, power on the aircraft and calibrate the gimbal.

In this case, please check whether the debris is stuck in the gimbal. Please remove the debris, restart the aircraft, and then recalibrate the gimbal. If the issue persists, please go to Online Repair Request {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index} and send back the aircraft to DJI for diagnosis. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.

Thanks is on its way too Holland for a assessment too the problem, if the repair is going to cost too much ,going too use the care refresh express, but thanks for your help
2023-1-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

keithyboy1960 Posted at 1-9 08:10
Thanks is on its way too Holland for a assessment too the problem, if the repair is going to cost too much ,going too use the care refresh express, but thanks for your help

Hi, keithyboy1960. Thank you for the update. Hoping that you get good results on the drone assessment. Have a good one!
2023-1-11
Use props
Marmbo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7411 ft
Canada

Update completed, everything is fine. It did not fix the issue where the MODE you are in on the RC Remote updates the Drone that powers up, still starts in N mode regardless of which mode is selected on the RC remote.
2023-1-19
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

Marmbo Posted at 1-19 14:32
Update completed, everything is fine. It did not fix the issue where the MODE you are in on the RC Remote updates the Drone that powers up, still starts in N mode regardless of which mode is selected on the RC remote.

This is done on purpose to prevent starting in sport mode.
2023-1-19
Use props
trainee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124469 ft
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 2022-12-24 11:24
I don't use prop guards at all, but I see people who do purchase them for outside use & who seem to think of them as some sort of desirable tech accessory.   The Mini 3 version is proportionally the largest I have seen.  Remember the odd cages for the Mavic Pro that required the special undersized props?

DJI recommend for novices indoors or out:

"especially useful for beginners flying indoors or in places with many obstacles"

But the Catch-22 is that their guards turn OA off and I'm not sure that any beginners would want to do that. Prevent a crash - or minimise damage from a collision?
2023-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules