976 14 2022-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rather than it being time to shoot and seeing there is an update, it would be nice if there was an RSS site to check and favorite each drone or DJI equipment you have to has an update available.

Right now it's only through the forum, unpacking and setting it up but if it's on an RSS website or making your own RSS feed from a DJI RSS of each product would be nicer.

The idea shouldn't be to see Every update (equipment you don't have) but the updates of what You have.
2022-12-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Some of the last updates they haven't create threads for here or they reuse old threads that you think you've seen.
2022-12-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-24 05:25
Some of the last updates they haven't create threads for here or they reuse old threads that you think you've seen.

I think you are onto something DA as it seems they are re-using the threads more and more often.  I much prefer a new thread with each new FW update.  
2022-12-24
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

It really has become a jumbled mess. For instance this thread with the 12/9 RC update with comments starting on 11/2 when the thread was created.
2022-12-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KLRSKIR Posted at 12-24 06:33
It really has become a jumbled mess. For instance this thread with the 12/9 RC update with comments starting on 11/2 when the thread was created.

They did that with the Smart Controller update,   I completely missed it for several days until it came up in another thread.  
2022-12-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-24 06:23
I think you are onto something DA as it seems they are re-using the threads more and more often.  I much prefer a new thread with each new FW update.

Isn't that what they used to do in the products section?
2022-12-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-24 06:48
Isn't that what they used to do in the products section?

I'm pretty sure it was.  
2022-12-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-24 07:24
I'm pretty sure it was.

Well I think that makes perfect sense to me.   Perhaps you suggest it in the forum issues section,   they listened to your last suggestion.
2022-12-24
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1241020 ft
United States

I'm a programmer and have a server so I would be happy to create a forum for all DJI updates if I can get a few people to help me mod and run it. If I can get a few people that will help, I'll set it up then we can have a spot that will show all updates for each drone or device as well as it would be a forum for people to talk in and show videos outside of this one. Is anyone up for this or would it be a waste of time lol.
2022-12-24
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

FPVTrendz Posted at 12-24 12:57
I'm a programmer and have a server so I would be happy to create a forum for all DJI updates if I can get a few people to help me mod and run it. If I can get a few people that will help, I'll set it up then we can have a spot that will show all updates for each drone or device as well as it would be a forum for people to talk in and show videos outside of this one. Is anyone up for this or would it be a waste of time lol.

It's simple to make one through wordpress. They can even do it here but it seems their forum isn't as updated as RSS is missing. It's weird because they have super excellent drones which must be crazy to code but they can't even get the updates to RSS that anyone could setup in a few minutes.

It can be understandable to not send an e-mail notification but RSS is free?

2022-12-24
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 12-24 18:14
It's simple to make one through wordpress. They can even do it here but it seems their forum isn't as updated as RSS is missing. It's weird because they have super excellent drones which must be crazy to code but they can't even get the updates to RSS that anyone could setup in a few minutes.

It can be understandable to not send an e-mail notification but RSS is free?

A lot of things they do doesn't make sense lol. In my mind, they have some of the sharpest people on the planet working for them, yet, they seem to have no common sense. Like not putting a GPS chip in the Goggles 2 knowing that RID was coming. What would a chip cost them, maybe $1 since they would buy about 1 million of them? In fact, they already have GPS chips that they put in all the drones lol.
2022-12-24
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

FPVTrendz Posted at 12-24 12:57
I'm a programmer and have a server so I would be happy to create a forum for all DJI updates if I can get a few people to help me mod and run it. If I can get a few people that will help, I'll set it up then we can have a spot that will show all updates for each drone or device as well as it would be a forum for people to talk in and show videos outside of this one. Is anyone up for this or would it be a waste of time lol.

That's an awfully nice gesture, but beware of what you get into! I was a moderator for Microsoft for a little over a decade in the XBOX Division. Believe it or not their forum software was FAR better during that time than it is currently.

They decided to construct their own forum software not long before I left and you'd think that the world's leading software company would get it right. They thought they knew what the customer wanted and botched it BADLY! That was basically the end of the XBOX forums.

In any case, my guess is that these forums are also purchased from a third-party vender and not constructed internally. I've noticed a few changes in these forums lately that lead me to believe that a new forum update might be in the works. Time will tell...
2022-12-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, AntDX316. Thank you for your feedback and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. We will forward your concern to our designated team for your attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2022-12-25
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

FPVTrendz Posted at 12-24 18:25
A lot of things they do doesn't make sense lol. In my mind, they have some of the sharpest people on the planet working for them, yet, they seem to have no common sense. Like not putting a GPS chip in the Goggles 2 knowing that RID was coming. What would a chip cost them, maybe $1 since they would buy about 1 million of them? In fact, they already have GPS chips that they put in all the drones lol.

Why put a GPS chip on the Goggles 2?
2022-12-25
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 12-25 06:06
Why put a GPS chip on the Goggles 2?

For the RID in the USA so we don't have to attach a phone to get the GPS data. It would be a waste in the rest of the world but would be a huge help here in the USA.
2022-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules