4235 52 2022-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gbaum.paintballphotography
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18308950 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just received my Avata, and I am getting a Remote ID Error and as a result unable to start the motors. I have updated and refreshed all of the firmware of the Goggles 2 and aircraft using DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series). I am using the DJI FLY app downloaded directly from the DJI Site.

I am using the remote control from my DJI FPV and the DJI Goggles 2 that came with the aircraft

I have a Google Pixel 7 Pro

I am in Class G uncontrolled air space

I can see the image in the goggles and move the camera up and down but cannot start the motors

I downloaded the DJI FLY app directly from the DJI Website and deleted it and re installed it, but this did not help.

As many have suggested I tried plugging the goggles into your phone via the OTG cable and starting the DJI Fly app with the drone, goggles and controller all turned on. It did not help.

I have owned and flown just about every DJI aircraft since the original Phantom, and I have never had an issue like this. As this point I am not sure what to do next

2022-12-24
Use props
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I currently fly the DJI FPV and DJI FPV Goggles V2 with out any issues, perhaps there is an incompatibility between the Google Pixel 7 Pro and the Goggles 2 and Avata aircraft?
2022-12-24
Use props
djiuser_oR96Z5l2K8Tw
lvl.2
United States

This just started. You have to have the goggles connected to the phone, fly app running, to lift off. Once in the air, supposedly you can disconnect the phone and fly normally. I had the same problem yesterday, and it turned out the system didn't like the cable I was using to connect my Goggles and phone. If your phone isn't showing a live feed from the AVATA camera, then you're not connected correctly.
2022-12-25
Use props
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_oR96Z5l2K8Tw Posted at 12-25 06:12
This just started. You have to have the goggles connected to the phone, fly app running, to lift off. Once in the air, supposedly you can disconnect the phone and fly normally. I had the same problem yesterday, and it turned out the system didn't like the cable I was using to connect my Goggles and phone. If your phone isn't showing a live feed from the AVATA camera, then you're not connected correctly.

Upon further research it turns out that my Google Pixel 7 Pro phone is not compatible with the DJI Goggles 2 and Avata aircraft. I do not own any apple devices so I either return everything or wait for the next firmware upgrade :/
2022-12-25
Use props
Dicranurus
lvl.1

United States

I too am getting a "Remote ID Error on a new Avata. I am able to connect the goggles to my iPhone which temporarily removes the error and I am able to fly although the error reappears as I'm flying, but I can still fly normally. I have a friend who also has an Avata and he does not have this issue. I assume it is a setting/software issue that should be easily resolved. I'll continue to search and hope DJI has a solution.
2022-12-31
Use props
Dicranurus
lvl.1

United States

Here is what DJI says.
DJI Avata now supports the Remote ID function in the US. Before flying in the current area, you are advised to connect your mobile phone and ensure that GPS signal are normal. If you do not connect your mobile phone, you will not be able to take off. Please connect it before using the aircraft. Thank you for your understanding
2022-12-31
Use props
Droneman32
New

United States

You have to have your phone with the FJI go fly plugged into the goggles to Make it work.   It’s a pain but its the only way to make it work
2022-12-31
Use props
Dalí_
lvl.1
Colombia

Hi!!! Im having problems to fly but i don't know if could be related with the ID error and I don't know how to open a new thread in the forum so please , let me put this here.

I bought my drone two months ago but had the time to fly it only once, its like new.

After that first fly, I've recharged batteries, updated to the latest firmware, everything looks good, Everything is good in the screen (googles 2, motion controller), the drone is flashing with the green light slowly so I understand everything is fine, And then, when I press the stop button twice in the motion controller to take off it just beeps twice and noting else happen ;( . I've tried the other way, just pressing the stop button for 2 seconds with the same result, two beeps from the controller and nothing else happen.

The only messages that appear in the screen is something like "check the area surrounding to the propellers and start the motors" (is in Spanish so no idea which is the original English message) , the other message is "drone in low power mode".

I've calibrated the drone, the controller, the googles, but nothing works.

I've tried the two methods, no phone connected, and with the phone connected and the fly app running and nothing, same two beeps from the controller and nothing happens.

The drone has never been crashed (i did only fly it once).

Im located in Colombia, south America, I don't know what else to do, pls Help!!

2023-1-14
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

I currently fly the DJI FPV and DJI FPV Goggles V2 with out any issues,
2023-1-15
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

ro_walker Posted at 1-15 19:53

@ro_walker - Are you flying inside or outside the USA?  If you are in the USA have you upgraded to latest firmware?  If not, then don't unless you realize that you will have to have your goggles tethered to a cell phone or table that is running the DJI Fly app in order to take off.  If you are outside the USA then this will not be an issue for you if you upgrade to the latest firmware.
2023-1-16
Use props
djiuser_lIkGBfcMOWuT
New
Flight distance : 2920043 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dicranurus Posted at 2022-12-31 14:51
Here is what DJI says.
DJI Avata now supports the Remote ID function in the US. Before flying in the current area, you are advised to connect your mobile phone and ensure that GPS signal are normal. If you do not connect your mobile phone, you will not be able to take off. Please connect it before using the aircraft. Thank you for your understanding

That is some absolute trash… why not connect to the remote control so you don’t have so much stuff dangling from your head. P1$$ on this remote ID…
2023-1-20
Use props
djiuser_lIkGBfcMOWuT
New
Flight distance : 2920043 ft
  • >>>
United States

ro_walker Posted at 1-15 19:53

Are you located in the USA?
2023-1-20
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_lIkGBfcMOWuT Posted at 1-20 07:37
Are you located in the USA?

appears that he is in Brazil, but talking about FPV not Avata
2023-1-20
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

I guess I will wait to update for a long time until all this mess is sorted, still enjoying flying without any cell plugged on my goggles
2023-1-20
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

RichfromHowellNJ Posted at 1-16 01:25
@ro_walker - Are you flying inside or outside the USA?  If you are in the USA have you upgraded to latest firmware?  If not, then don't unless you realize that you will have to have your goggles tethered to a cell phone or table that is running the DJI Fly app in order to take off.  If you are outside the USA then this will not be an issue for you if you upgrade to the latest firmware.

Thanks for the answer mate!
2023-1-21
Use props
Fpvskip
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52772 ft
United States

HDPS Posted at 1-20 11:04
I guess I will wait to update for a long time until all this mess is sorted, still enjoying flying without any cell plugged on my goggles

Following this RID discussion.
The 2 cables running from the goggles are really a pain in the butt.
So, please tell me which firmware does NOT result in this remote ID error?
2023-1-30
Use props
fans17c4995b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18832116 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fpvskip Posted at 1-30 09:16

PM me to discuss cabling
2023-1-30
Use props
Fpvskip
lvl.2
United States

What really confuses me about this RID is, why do we need a phone to gather GPS info? The Avata has its own GPS system. Why don't they use it for the remote id info?
2023-1-31
Use props
Monee9696
lvl.1
United States

Do you know that you have to have your DJI Fly app connected to your goggles during your flight now? Is a real bummer.
2023-1-31
Use props
Fpvskip
lvl.2
United States

Monee9696 Posted at 1-31 08:32
Do you know that you have to have your DJI Fly app connected to your goggles during your flight now? Is a real bummer.

Yes, I know that. But it still does not make sense.
From what I have been reading, the phone connection is there to have GPS lat/long/alt and speed in oder to broadcast it.
I am probably missing something here.
Is it the phone what what is broadcasting it or the drone itself?
2023-1-31
Use props
djiuser_nv81JrAouIKB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3168635 ft
United States

Hi, I hope you’ve already figured out the answer to  your comment, but I believe the phone has to be connected to the goggles in order for the system to transmit user specific information in the remote ID broadcast. I think all the components transmit this information, since remote ID sensing equipment locates and identifies the source of the RF signal. Hope this helps.
2023-4-25
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fpvskip Posted at 1-31 10:26
Yes, I know that. But it still does not make sense.
From what I have been reading, the phone connection is there to have GPS lat/long/alt and speed in oder to broadcast it.
I am probably missing something here.

Remote ID requires both the drone's GPS coordinates, height, speed, etc to be broadcast, but also the GPS coordinates of the controlling station.  Because neither the Goggles V2 or Goggles 2 have a GPS unit in them, they require to be connected to the phone which can supply the GPS coordinates for the controlling station.
2023-4-25
Use props
nickfs000
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1542746 ft
United States

I am unable to fly my Avata anymore because this REMOTE ID ERROR is consistently in my Goggles 2 screen. I've tried everything, from firmware updates, setting the DJI Fly app's Location to While Using the App, calling DJI support twice!, and still, unable to fly my drone. This is BS!
2023-5-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

nickfs000 Posted at 5-14 23:05
I am unable to fly my Avata anymore because this REMOTE ID ERROR is consistently in my Goggles 2 screen. I've tried everything, from firmware updates, setting the DJI Fly app's Location to While Using the App, calling DJI support twice!, and still, unable to fly my drone. This is BS!

Hi, nickfs000. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry to read you're experiencing such concerns. We'll send you a PM to gather some necessary details for the analysis. Kindly respond at your earliest convenience. Thank you.
2023-5-15
Use props
dynamo
lvl.2
United States

Just bought an Avata to go along with my FPV.
Avata is a mess. Stay away from it.
Remote ID is a mess.
I was connected to Go Fly. Camera was working. All Ok BUT couldn't arm drone due to Remote ID Error.
Good thing I checked this out day 1 so I can return.
Sorry for all the existing owners who upgrade.  You'll be stuck with managing a phone every time you arm your drone.
Oh..while I'm here...the DJI Virtual Flight Simulator sucks also. I've tried with 3 controllers ..works at first..then stops recognizing and buttons are defunct.
2023-5-17
Use props
djiuser_m2HyGjNjA2iH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 246037 ft
United States

djiuser_oR96Z5l2K8Tw Posted at 2022-12-25 06:12
This just started. You have to have the goggles connected to the phone, fly app running, to lift off. Once in the air, supposedly you can disconnect the phone and fly normally. I had the same problem yesterday, and it turned out the system didn't like the cable I was using to connect my Goggles and phone. If your phone isn't showing a live feed from the AVATA camera, then you're not connected correctly.

I’m returning my avata I just purchased last week, this phone connection is not required by law and other brands aren’t doing this stupidity. Vote with your$$$ don’t buy DJI products
IMG_1734.jpeg
2023-7-12
Use props
djiuser_m2HyGjNjA2iH
lvl.1
United States

Dicranurus Posted at 2022-12-31 14:42
I too am getting a "Remote ID Error on a new Avata. I am able to connect the goggles to my iPhone which temporarily removes the error and I am able to fly although the error reappears as I'm flying, but I can still fly normally. I have a friend who also has an Avata and he does not have this issue. I assume it is a setting/software issue that should be easily resolved. I'll continue to search and hope DJI has a solution.

I’m returning my avata I just purchased last week, this phone connection is not required by law and other brands aren’t doing this stupidity. Vote with your$$$ don’t buy DJI products
IMG_1734.jpeg
2023-7-12
Use props
djiuser_m2HyGjNjA2iH
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_lIkGBfcMOWuT Posted at 1-20 07:26
That is some absolute trash… why not connect to the remote control so you don’t have so much stuff dangling from your head. P1$$ on this remote ID…

IMG_1734.jpeg
2023-7-12
Use props
djiuser_m2HyGjNjA2iH
lvl.1
United States

Fpvskip Posted at 1-30 09:16

The best firmware is stop buying. DJI products!
IMG_1734.jpeg
2023-7-12
Use props
djiuser_m2HyGjNjA2iH
lvl.1
United States

Monee9696 Posted at 1-31 08:32

IMG_1734.jpeg
2023-7-12
Use props
djiuser_m2HyGjNjA2iH
lvl.1
United States

Fpvskip Posted at 1-31 07:12
What really confuses me about this RID is, why do we need a phone to gather GPS info? The Avata has its own GPS system. Why don't they use it for the remote id info?

IMG_1734.jpeg
2023-7-12
Use props
djiuser_m2HyGjNjA2iH
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_nv81JrAouIKB Posted at 4-25 07:25
Hi, I hope you’ve already figured out the answer to  your comment, but I believe the phone has to be connected to the goggles in order for the system to transmit user specific information in the remote ID broadcast. I think all the components transmit this information, since remote ID sensing equipment locates and identifies the source of the RF signal. Hope this helps.

IMG_1734.jpeg
2023-7-12
Use props
djiuser_m2HyGjNjA2iH
lvl.1
United States

nickfs000 Posted at 5-14 23:05

IMG_1734.jpeg
2023-7-12
Use props
djiuser_m2HyGjNjA2iH
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 5-15 04:00
Hi, nickfs000. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry to read you're experiencing such concerns. We'll send you a PM to gather some necessary details for the analysis. Kindly respond at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

IMG_1734.jpeg
2023-7-12
Use props
djiuser_m2HyGjNjA2iH
lvl.1
United States

dynamo Posted at 5-17 17:12
Just bought an Avata to go along with my FPV.
Avata is a mess. Stay away from it.
Remote ID is a mess.

IMG_1734.jpeg
2023-7-12
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

now that you have returned your avata, will you be leaving the avata forum as well?  
2023-7-12
Use props
dnddad324
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 7-12 09:56
now that you have returned your avata, will you be leaving the avata forum as well?

I don't know.....he might have to come back and post the same post another 17 times.

my Avata!!!!
2023-7-12
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5175010 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just received my AVATA yesterday (7-14), and after it was updated for the first time out of the box, it too now has the Remote ID error issue.

This was the first I've heard of this, and would have been a determining factor against buying one.

2023-7-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

HD Pilot Posted at 7-15 22:21
I just received my AVATA yesterday (7-14), and after it was updated for the first time out of the box, it too now has the Remote ID error issue.

This was the first I've heard of this, and would have been a determining factor against buying one.

Hi. Sorry for the late response. Have you already enabled your location from the DJI Fly app?
2023-7-17
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5175010 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 7-17 00:57
Hi. Sorry for the late response. Have you already enabled your location from the DJI Fly app?

Yes, I found the information about the need to use a remote device that has to run the DJI Fly and have a built in GPS to comply with the US RID.

I will say, that I was a bit disappointed to find that the new Goggles 2 did not have the built-in GPS and the lesser Integra goggles does have GPS.

I bought the "Recommended Package" with the Goggles 2 that have the built in Diopters. I chose the Goggles 2 since I wear glasses, and that the Integra requires swapping out the plastic Diopters.
That is pretty much all I can say.
2023-7-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules