Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marlow
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37316 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hi,

I upgraded my phone from a Samsung Note 9 to a Samsung Note 20 Ultra.

I have DJI Mimo 1.8.8 (build 226005) on both phones.

The Samsung Note 9 is Android 10 One UI 2.5
The Samsung Note 20 Ultra is Android 13 One UI 5.0

My Samsung Note 9 can connect to both my DJI Action 2 and my DJI Osmo Action 3 camera (all on the latest firmware).

My Samsung Note 20 Ultra
- can never find my DJI Action 2 cameras. At all. They don't show up.
- The DJI Osmo Action 3 will show up, but when I try to connect, it just silenty stops to connect and returns to the list of devices, that only lists my DJI Osmo Action 3.

/M
2022-12-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Marlow. Thank you for posting your concern here. We are sorry you are going through this. Here are some troubleshooting steps you may perform to resolve the issue:
1. Uninstall and reinstall the DJI Mimo app through this link.
2. Reset the connection on the Osmo Action 3/DJI Action 2 connection:
Go to System Settings - Wireless Connection, and reset the connection (Reset all connections and Wi-Fi passwords).
3. Check your region's supported frequency.
If it only supports 2.4 GHz frequency, set the Wi-Fi frequency to 2.4 GHz.
If it supports both  2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz, Wi-Fi frequency to Auto (default).
Go to Settings - Wireless Connection - Wi-Fi Frequency.
4. Go to Osmo Action 3/DJI Action 2 Settings - Wireless Connection - Wireless Information and stay on the page, as shown below:

Open the mobile phone Settings- Wi-Fi List and connect to the Wi-Fi signal started with Osmo Action.
Notes: If the mobile phone supports WLAN+/WLAN Assistant, disable the WLAN+/WLAN Assistant to prevent the mobile phone system from switching to Wi-Fi automatically.
5. Manually modify the IP address of the mobile phone. Go to Settings>Wi-Fi>IP address.
a. Set the IP to DHCP (dynamic) and input 192.168.2.100 in the IP address column. Then, try again.
b. If the issue persists, switch it to a static IP to reconnect and retry.
c. Switch to DHCP (dynamic) and then input the IP. Reconnect to it.
6. Relaunch the DJI Mimo app and retry the connection.
We will be waiting for your update. Keep safe.
2022-12-25
Use props
djiuser_VM6NSm1Yd7qK
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-25 22:01
Hi, Marlow. Thank you for posting your concern here. We are sorry you are going through this. Here are some troubleshooting steps you may perform to resolve the issue:
1. Uninstall and reinstall the DJI Mimo app through this link.
2. Reset the connection on the Osmo Action 3/DJI Action 2 connection:

DJI needs to put out a hotfix update to the firmware or update Mimo ASAP. Action 2 and 3 cameras aren't connecting properly with Android 13.

The only way to connect them is to reset network settings on the camera, change the frequency to 2.4ghz, find the camera on the phone's WiFi list and connect manually entering the password listed under wireless info. You have to also select stay connected once the connection has been made. This of course is after you've made sure that you check under manage networks and forget any previously made WiFi connections.

Asking folks to uninstall and reinstall the Mimo app, turn bluetooth/WiFi on and off, etc is all useless troubleshooting. The root cause of the problem is DJI not taking preventative steps to avoid these kind of issues. Android 13 was in the pipeline long enough to give DJI plenty of time to work out the kinks.

Every time you want to connect to Mimo, you have to do this manually. This really needs to be addressed asap. It's bad enough DJI isn't on the Google Play Store, but not being prepared for a major Android update?!? SMH....

2022-12-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_VM6NSm1Yd7qK Posted at 12-28 21:35
DJI needs to put out a hotfix update to the firmware or update Mimo ASAP. Action 2 and 3 cameras aren't connecting properly with Android 13.

The only way to connect them is to reset network settings on the camera, change the frequency to 2.4ghz, find the camera on the phone's WiFi list and connect manually entering the password listed under wireless info. You have to also select stay connected once the connection has been made. This of course is after you've made sure that you check under manage networks and forget any previously made WiFi connections.

We understand your input, and where you're coming from. We apologize if you are having the same concern. For now, the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps are the remote solution we can provide. But we will forward your feedback to our related team. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2022-12-30
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had the same problem with my phone, Marlon. The only way around it for me was to use an IPad and not use the phone. The phone connection just wouldn’t work. The IPad is recognised straight away.

Something that I really don't like about the app is the fact that it is not available via usual routes. We have to side load it direct from Osmo. The phone warns that it's not an approved app and that is a bit disconcerting.

I wish that Osmo would allow updates to be done without the app. Just install onto the card. It would save a lot of people headaches with the software.
2022-12-30
Use props
daMuquik
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-30 03:24
We understand your input, and where you're coming from. We apologize if you are having the same concern. For now, the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps are the remote solution we can provide. But we will forward your feedback to our related team. Thank you, and have a nice day.

Is there anyway that I can have access to the Gyro Data Public Beta firmware? I found out about it after the cutoff date. I'm assuming that this firmware update can resolve the connection issue with Android 13. Is the beta testing period over? If so, any idea when the firmware update will be pushed to the general public?
2022-12-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

daMuquik Posted at 2022-12-31 11:42
Is there anyway that I can have access to the Gyro Data Public Beta firmware? I found out about it after the cutoff date. I'm assuming that this firmware update can resolve the connection issue with Android 13. Is the beta testing period over? If so, any idea when the firmware update will be pushed to the general public?

We have forwarded your inquiries to our related team for confirmation. We'll update you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
2023-1-2
Use props
djiuser_Vg2BhwjDLbEc
New

United States

This camera is garbage.  Won't connect to Android 13, locks you out after 5 tries while you're trying to troubleshoot, and gets hot just sitting on the table trying to connect.  I'm returning this piece of junk.
2023-1-6
Use props
Maxx2206
lvl.2
Germany

Hi,

i just ran into the very same issues today.

I have 2 (TWO) Action 2's with various extras and suddenly i can't connect (actually even find them at all) to them on my Samsung S22 Ultra with latest OS anymore.
I noticed there was an update of the Mimo App  to 1.8.8 and installed it without success.
I tried various methods including clearing cache, reinstalling, resetting network connections etc. but i cant get a working connection, not to mention a stable one, anymore.

However, i also have recently bought an Osmo Action 3 and Mimo finds it and connects to it IMMEDIATELY all the time.

I Hope we will see a fix (and a general improvement of the connection) soon as one of the cameras purpose was live streaming via mobile connection, which obviously is not working at all anymore.

regards...
2023-1-7
Use props
Marlow
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37316 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I have now updated to 1.8.12.

My Samsung Note 20 Ultra running Android 13 will now connect to the DJI Osmo Action 3
It will not detect the DJI Action 2 cameras. They will never be listed in the DJI Mimo app.
HOWEVER, if I manually connect the Wifi of the phone to the DJI Action 2 using the credentials from the settings, then the app will see the camera and it works.

My Samsung Note 9 running Android 10 will detect and automatically connect to both the DJI Osmo Action 3 and DJI Action 2.

Clearly, DJI have broken something, when it comes to Android 13.

I'm also extremely disappointed in DJI Support, who did not notify me based on my ticket, when a new Mimo version was available (seeing, I had a related ticket open) and request the same information on my devices every since time again, when I already supplied all that information, when I first opened the ticket.

/M
2023-1-13
Use props
Maxx2206
lvl.2
Germany

Hi,

i also noticed there was the 1.8.12 Update so I installed it.
No improvement whatsoever.
After several failed attempts I usually can connect manually to the Action2 with my S22 Ultra and nce the Video link is established it usually works.

However, connecting still is tricky with the manual method. After connecting to my Action 2's WLAN manually once they were stored in my list of known WLANs. When i went unto the WLAN info screen I can see them and try to connect to them. sometimes it seems to work fine, but there are also times when the WLAN link drops immediately and the Camera can't be found anymore no matter how often i scan.

turning the camera off and back on, entering the "connect" screen again makes it show up again, too and i can try again.
once the link is established and doesnt drop, i can launch the MIMO app and it seems to work.

That's my personal experience with the current setup... Looking at the WLAN issues like not showing up in the list at all sometimes until theyre restarted however makes me believe its not just an issue with the MIMO app, but also the camera firmware itself?

Anyway, please provide a fix ASAP. Right now the camneras are pretty much unusable!

Well over $1000 for the two and I can't even use them how I want to...
PLUS the annoying fact that I can't use the external DJI Mic (well, thanks, another costly DJI Product thats only partly usable) and power the cameras at the same time, extending the awfulyl short recording time when doing IRL footage like travel vlogs.

(if anyone has a solution for nthat particular problem PLEASE let me know!
2023-1-16
Use props
XXX-Man
lvl.2
Croatia

Samo problem for me on Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra.
2023-1-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we apologize if you're having issues with the DJI Action 2. Kindly note that DJI just released a new update for the camera. We suggest you proceed with updating it and test if the issue remains. Please keep us updated. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules