Brand new M2P replacement drone. Will old data stay?
524 14 2022-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

As I had problems with the gimbal, I sent the 2 year old drone in for repair to DJI agency in Holland.

I received the drone back after a while and noticed that I did not get my original Mavic 2 Pro back. I got a brand new Mavic 2 Pro. Very nice of them.

Now I just wonder what happens to the flight records on the phone and on the web site with the flight distance and points etc. after the fist flight with the new drone.

I did call the drone the same name as I saw in the phone, but noticed that if I swipe left in the phone I also see a djiuser_xyz..... name on the phone under the flight record.

Will I lose all data I had on the phone and on the web site and start from scratch, or do I have to do something special to keep this after flying the new drone for the first time?

Appreciate and help, as I have no idea what to do and how this works.
  Thanks
2022-12-25
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The old logs should stay where they are.
However I move all logs off my phones to computer / external storage.
It might not be a bad idea to back yours up, phones can get lost etc. and if the only copies of the logs are on the phone then they would be gone too.

If you sync your logs, going by your indicated mileage I think you do, you already have backups. But from looking at the file sizes of the few logs that I have synced  and comparing them with the originals I recollect that any logs downloaded from DJI are slightly smaller than the original.

If you do copy the logs to external storage you might have a look to see if you have DAT flight logs on the phone and if so copy them to external storage too. But I suspect that you won't have DATs as they seem to be deleted during the sync process. In addition if you use an RC1B controller then I doubt you ever had DATs on your phone.
2022-12-25
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-25 07:15
The old logs should stay where they are.
However I move all logs off my phones to computer / external storage.
It might not be a bad idea to back yours up, phones can get lost etc. and if the only copies of the logs are on the phone then they would be gone too.

Hi and thanks for your information.
Yes, I always back up my flight log from the phone on 2 different places externally for extra safety. I have looked on the phone and can not find any DAT files.
So after my first flight or 2 with the new drone when it gets a bit warmer I should be able to upload the flight log and the new flights and data should be added to what I have there now.
Will be interested to see how it works out after a few new flights in spring time when it gets warmer.
Thanks again Sean.
2022-12-25
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 12-25 07:42
Hi and thanks for your information.
Yes, I always back up my flight log from the phone on 2 different places externally for extra safety. I have looked on the phone and can not find any DAT files.
So after my first flight or 2 with the new drone when it gets a bit warmer I should be able to upload the flight log and the new flights and data should be added to what I have there now.

You might like to switch off syncing for those first flights and see if you then have DAT's on the phone, the controller version is printed on a label on the back of the controllers.
An RC1A records DATs.
2022-12-25
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-25 07:47
You might like to switch off syncing for those first flights and see if you then have DAT's on the phone, the controller version is printed on a label on the back of the controllers.
An RC1A records DATs.

Ok I will try that just in case.
My RC is the RC1B so there should then not be any DAT files.
Thank again Sean.
2022-12-25
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 12-25 07:54
Ok I will try that just in case.
My RC is the RC1B so there should then not be any DAT files.
Thank again Sean.

My RC1B controllers do not create DATs so I use them as the secondary controller since it seems that the secondary does not create any logs at all on its phone .
2022-12-25
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-25 08:21
My RC1B controllers do not create DATs  so I use them as the secondary controller since it seems that the secondary does not create any logs at all on its phone .

I just checked the flight records on the phone and there are about 277 flight records plus other records and sync logs totalling 444MB. Have copied the whole map, so all information should be ther from all flight I have ever done.
2022-12-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Kyalami. Thank you for reaching out. The flight record is related to the email account, as long you're using the same email address, the previous flight record will remain. Make sure you sync the flight records to the server but making a backup will be better as well. Thank you for your support. Happy Holidays!
2022-12-26
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-26 01:36
Hi, Kyalami. Thank you for reaching out. The flight record is related to the email account, as long you're using the same email address, the previous flight record will remain. Make sure you sync the flight records to the server but making a backup will be better as well. Thank you for your support. Happy Holidays!

Hi Gamora,
Many thanks for your confirmation about the flight records using my new drone and the same e-mail account as usual. Yes, I always make a back up of the log after each flights before syncing to the server. Much appreciated.
Thank you.
2022-12-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

No you won't lose your old records or what you've synched to DJI.
2022-12-26
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

Labroides Posted at 12-26 02:24
No you won't lose your old records or what you've synched to DJI.

Many thanks Labroides for confirming this. So when I fly my new drone, that data will add to the data I already have, both on the phone and on my data here on the web?
2022-12-26
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Assuming it behaves in the same way as having records of 3 Go4 using drones on the same phone, then yes.
Their totals will be merged but, with regards to the individual drones, you can display the list of flights all of them 'mixed together' (this won't really happen in your case unless you sort them by something other than distance) or, if you want, list only the flights of the individual drone of your choice.
2022-12-26
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-26 03:38
Assuming it behaves in the same way as having records of 3 Go4 using drones on the same phone, then yes.
Their totals will be merged but, with regards to the individual drones, you can display the list of flights all of them 'mixed together' (this won't really happen in your case unless you sort them by something other than distance) or, if you want, list only the flights of the individual drone of your choice.

Hi again Sean,
Many thanks for your additional info. I assume that if it is sorted by the date, then there is no problems. If not, I should be able to sort the flight logs by the date and as I know when the new drone is entered by the date. All other logs would be form this year and the new one for 2023, as it is just too cold at the moment to fly.
Cheers.
2022-12-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

kyalami Posted at 12-26 01:44
Hi Gamora,
Many thanks for your confirmation about the flight records using my new drone and the same e-mail account as usual. Yes, I always make a back up of the log after each flights before syncing to the server. Much appreciated.
Thank you.

Hi, Kyalami. You're welcome. If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to contact us here at DJI Forum. Happy Holidays!
2022-12-26
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-27 06:17
Your flight records will be retained & your cumulative stats for ALL drones will be there.  You will find separate entries for each Mavic 2 Pro.  If you reused the name then the name will appear twice & the records will be viewable separately for each bird.  If you happen to use AirData, you can Merge the two M2Ps so they appear as a single bird to AirData.  This can be reversed in AirData if you so desire.

Hello Dirty Bird,
Many thanks for the additional information about the flight logs and AirData. I think that after all the kind inputs that I have received, I will now be an expert. This will make me feel very comfortable when I start flying again when it gets a bit warmer, as is has been down to about minus 19 deg C a few days brrr brrr.
Cheers and many thanks again for your kind help.
2022-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules