Flight time not correct...
1049 12 2022-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MetaFlexa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40823 ft
Hungary

When i go into the Device Management menu and then Account & Device on my DJI RC it shows Zero flight time. But under my profile on the RC it shows 55 minutes. Anyone know how to fix this? Photos below. Thx
2022-12-25
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Did you sync flight data with DJI?   
2022-12-25
Use props
MetaFlexa
lvl.2
Hungary

probably not. how can i do that? thanks for the help
2022-12-25
Use props
MetaFlexa
lvl.2
Hungary

frankymusik Posted at 12-25 08:51
Did you sync flight data with DJI?

i checked and i do have sync flight data on
2022-12-25
Use props
fansb4f50ec1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13897156 ft
Canada

MetaFlexa Posted at 12-25 09:22
i checked and i do have sync flight data on

You didn't say which remote your are using.  If you are using the DJI RC, double check that it's wifi is turned on and that it is connected to a wifi network.  Then give it 10 minutes to sync everything.
2022-12-25
Use props
MetaFlexa
lvl.2
Hungary

fansb4f50ec1 Posted at 12-25 09:37
You didn't say which remote your are using.  If you are using the DJI RC, double check that it's wifi is turned on and that it is connected to a wifi network.  Then give it 10 minutes to sync everything.

thx. Its the new DJI RC. Yep it has been connected to wifi many times today for extended periods of time. i just hope it doesnt impact my DJI Care service.
2022-12-25
Use props
AntonioTech
lvl.4
Flight distance : 280860 ft
Ireland

MetaFlexa Posted at 12-25 09:38
thx. Its the new DJI RC. Yep it has been connected to wifi many times today for extended periods of time. i just hope it doesnt impact my DJI Care service.

The DJI Care service starts from the moment you connect to the internet and activate your devices - the drone and the controller so you are ok. The care service doesn't care how many times you have connected to the internet. We should actually connect often because of the firmware updates for the drones and the batteries (each battery must be inserted into the drone for its firmware update, i.e. each battery must be updated separately).
2022-12-26
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntonioTech Posted at 12-26 03:35
We should actually connect often because of the firmware updates for the drones and the batteries (each battery must be inserted into the drone for its firmware update, i.e. each battery must be updated separately).

Actually some people do not want updates and switch wifi off when they are going to use their drone to avoid the chance of getting lumbered with notifications about them or being caught out with a forced update, as happened to me when I accidentally left wifi on on a phone I connected to FPV goggles. I couldn't dismiss the notification and the drone wouldn't start motors until I did the update.
2022-12-26
Use props
MetaFlexa
lvl.2
Hungary

AntonioTech Posted at 12-26 03:35
The DJI Care service starts from the moment you connect to the internet and activate your devices - the drone and the controller so you are ok. The care service doesn't care how many times you have connected to the internet. We should actually connect often because of the firmware updates for the drones and the batteries (each battery must be inserted into the drone for its firmware update, i.e. each battery must be updated separately).

thank you. Does DJI Care still cover drone if you are flying in designated no fly zones?
2022-12-26
Use props
AntonioTech
lvl.4
Ireland

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-26 04:23
Actually some people do not want updates and switch wifi off when they are going to use their drone to avoid the chance of getting lumbered with notifications about them or being caught out with a forced update, as happened to me when I accidentally left wifi on on a phone I connected to FPV goggles. I couldn't dismiss the notification and the drone wouldn't start motors until I did the update.

You are right! Sometimes you may not want the updates but there are some mandatory ones that concern the safety of the device and some regulations so whether we want it not, we have to update
2022-12-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, MetaFlexa. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Kindly try to relogin to the app and check if the issue persists. Please make sure to sync/back up your files before doing so. Please keep us updated. Thank you.
2022-12-26
Use props
AntonioTech
lvl.4
Ireland

MetaFlexa Posted at 12-26 04:56
thank you. Does DJI Care still cover drone if you are flying in designated no fly zones?

Now, that's a good question and from what I read, no need to worry as the drone won't fly at all:

DJI UAVs cannot takeoff in Restricted Zones. When a UAV flies near the boundary of a Restricted Zone, it will automatically decelerate and hover in place. If it flies into a Restricted Zone without a GPS signal, it will automatically land once it regains a GPS signal.

https://www.dji.com/ie/flysafe/introduction

https://www.dji.com/ie/service/djicare
2022-12-27
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntonioTech Posted at 12-27 02:04
Now, that's a good question and from what I read, no need to worry as the drone won't fly at all:

DJI UAVs cannot takeoff in Restricted Zones. When a UAV flies near the boundary of a Restricted Zone, it will automatically decelerate and hover in place. If it flies into a Restricted Zone without a GPS signal, it will automatically land once it regains a GPS signal.

Uum slight qualification needed on that I think, they won't fly IF they know their position and that they are inside a NFZ.
I think I have seen at least one thread where the GPS count etc. was initially low or nonexistent and a drone initially flew, only to be forced down (or something) when the drone acquired sufficient GPS to know where it was.
I think care refresh would be valid in such circumstances but it is only a think. The thinking stems from care refresh being a general damage cover irrespective of the cause.....though there maybe certain specified exclusions, I can't remember if there are exclusions but they should be specified in the terms and conditions.
2022-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules