Osmo mobile 6 using zoom camera switch’s and video gets grainy
3276 11 2022-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bbullins
lvl.1
United States

I have the osmo mobile 6 and iPhone 12. When you are at a 1 zoom ie no zoom everything is great either zooming in or out causes a noticeable switch in the camera. It's like it switch cameras on and off and the video is grainy unusable . This happens regardless of video size and refresh rate. It also does not do this in the iOS camera app and I have a an older osmo 4 using that I have never experienced the issue and still don't on the same iPhone 12. Is there a way to tell it not to cycle cameras and function like the osmo 4 did?
2022-12-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Bbullins. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. To isolate your concern, may we ask for a sample video showing the issue? We will have to check the behavior to confirm further. We'll be waiting for your update. Thank you.
2022-12-25
Use props
Bbullins
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-25 20:34
Hi, Bbullins. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. To isolate your concern, may we ask for a sample video showing the issue? We will have to check the behavior to confirm further. We'll be waiting for your update. Thank you.

Link to sample

Link to video above. You can distinctly see the cameras switch and video gets unusable grainy . Doesn’t do this in the camera app or on my old osmo 4 . This is iPhone 13 not 12 . If you zoom out past 1.0 it does this
2022-12-26
Use props
Bbullins
lvl.1
United States

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mea7j1lw4ckjmu5/dji%20grainy%20zoom%20out%20sample.mp4?dl=0
2022-12-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Bbullins Posted at 12-26 07:33
Link to sample

Link to video above. You can distinctly see the cameras switch and video gets unusable grainy . Doesn’t do this in the camera app or on my old osmo 4 . This is iPhone 13 not 12 . If you zoom out past 1.0 it does this

We have received the link you shared and we have responded to your message. We will have you updated as soon as we receive feedback from our designated department. Thank you for your patience.
2022-12-26
Use props
djiuser_Tkd9wTNfIW9I
New

Russia

DJI Tony Posted at 12-26 23:13
We have received the link you shared and we have responded to your message. We will have you updated as soon as we receive feedback from our designated department. Thank you for your patience.
iPhone 11 pro max — same issue. Waiting for your updates as well.
2022-12-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Bbullins Posted at 2022-12-26 07:44
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mea7j1lw4ckjmu5/dji%20grainy%20zoom%20out%20sample.mp4?dl=0

Hi there. We just received feedback from our related team. Most mobile phones on the market come with an ultra-wide camera lens and a master camera lens, and some mobile phones even have a tele lens. These lenses are fixed-focus lenses. When the zoom factor reaches a certain value, the camera will switch to another lens (For example, when changing the zoom factor from 0.5x to 1x, it is necessary to turn off the ultra-wide lens and switch to the master camera lens). At this point, the camera view will become blurry or black out temporarily. If shooting is required, we recommend that you connect to DJI Mimo and test your mobile device’s zoom factor first. When recording a video, keep the lens within its zoom factor range or fix the zoom factor when recording. This can help you avoid this issue. If it accidentally occurs when recording, you can use DJI Mimo after recording to edit out the frozen part. We appreciate your understanding and support. Have a nice day.

2023-1-4
Use props
Bbullins
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-4 00:49
Hi there. We just received feedback from our related team. Most mobile phones on the market come with an ultra-wide camera lens and a master camera lens, and some mobile phones even have a tele lens. These lenses are fixed-focus lenses. When the zoom factor reaches a certain value, the camera will switch to another lens (For example, when changing the zoom factor from 0.5x to 1x, it is necessary to turn off the ultra-wide lens and switch to the master camera lens). At this point, the camera view will become blurry or black out temporarily. If shooting is required, we recommend that you connect to DJI Mimo and test your mobile device’s zoom factor first. When recording a video, keep the lens within its zoom factor range or fix the zoom factor when recording. This can help you avoid this issue. If it accidentally occurs when recording, you can use DJI Mimo after recording to edit out the frozen part. We appreciate your understanding and support. Have a nice day.

This makes no sense. As stated it doesn’t do this when zooming in the normal video app for the phone and doesn’t do it when I use the Osmo 4 . If it worked on the 4 and not the 6 the issue isn’t the phone but the Osmo 6. Also if you are now going to have this failure you should be able to fix the zoom ranges. One of your best features is now worthless in the new advanced Osmo 6 . You have a zoom wheel for smoother zooming but you broke zoom. Doesn’t do it on my Osmo 4 put phone on the 6 and problem is there. That’s not the phones camera
2023-1-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Bbullins Posted at 1-4 03:46
This makes no sense. As stated it doesn’t do this when zooming in the normal video app for the phone and doesn’t do it when I use the Osmo 4 . If it worked on the 4 and not the 6 the issue isn’t the phone but the Osmo 6. Also if you are now going to have this failure you should be able to fix the zoom ranges. One of your best features is now worthless in the new advanced Osmo 6 . You have a zoom wheel for smoother zooming but you broke zoom. Doesn’t do it on my Osmo 4 put phone on the 6 and problem is there. That’s not the phones camera

We understand your input. We will provide your feedback to our related team for re-evaluation. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. We'll keep you posted.
2023-1-5
Use props
djiuser_5PPEBjqhYAx5
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-5 03:36
We understand your input. We will provide your feedback to our related team for re-evaluation. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. We'll keep you posted.

Same issues with s23 ultra dji mimo is garbage wish i knew this before buying osmo 6
2023-6-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_5PPEBjqhYAx5 Posted at 6-22 16:59
Same issues with s23 ultra dji mimo is garbage wish i knew this before buying osmo 6

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused. Your feedback is important and will reach the designated team. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-6-27
Use props
Nico555555
New

Thailand

Zoom wheel on iphone seems to have several issues. Like when I'm in selfie mode with iphone 13 in DJI mimo app the zoom wheel does not work. It works on my android though
4-25 22:56
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules