DJI air unit O3 camera calibration error
11116 21 2022-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PulseFPV
lvl.1

France

Hello,

I have the dji air unit O3 and changed the camera.

I have the message in my goggle V2 : Camera calibration error.

I don't know how to correct this problem.

My Dji assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) V2.1.15 is up to date and I have not button for calibration when the Air unit O3 is connected, only refresh the update V01.01.0000.

Do you have any solution ?

Thanks in advance!
2022-12-25
Use props
JoeMomma
New

United States

I put a new cam on mine today and ran into this same thing, tried resetting camera options, tried resetting goggle options, refreshing FW, but yet this warning persists. Any updates would be nice from DJI on how to resolve and clear this warning, and what exactly is affected, haven't tested stabilization yet as this is a new build and hasn't maidened yet. But I wanted to clear the error before flying again
2022-12-25
Use props
fans9dfabd81
lvl.1
Flight distance : 130751 ft
United States

I just got a brand new one with this same issue and would like to know also.
2022-12-27
Use props
Libertas Fuga
lvl.1

New Zealand

Have the same issue just now, although I have a black screen along with camera calibration error  :-(
2022-12-27
Use props
fans9dfabd81
lvl.1
Flight distance : 130751 ft
United States

Ok solved it. You have to have external power to the Air Unit/Camera, meaning you need to have the quad plugged in with a battery when you connect it to DJI Assistant (Consumer Drone Series) and then you will get an option to calibrate the camera.
(Credit to Blunty for providing me with this solution)
2022-12-27
Use props
Libertas Fuga
lvl.1

New Zealand

Nice going shot bro.
2022-12-27
Use props
PulseFPV
lvl.1

France

Ah nice, thank you for the information.
2022-12-30
Use props
cusglider
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4025801 ft
  • >>>
Germany

It's strange that, at least I did not see it, the official documentation and FAQ is missing the issue camera calibration.
I tried the tip to no avail and got this message. I redid it 5 times, no joy:
2022-12-31
Use props
Mrwoods6679
lvl.3
Flight distance : 570797 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm having the same problem
Screenshot 2023-01-03 233052.png
2023-1-3
Use props
Mrwoods6679
lvl.3
Flight distance : 570797 ft
  • >>>
United States

did anyone figure this out??
2023-1-9
Use props
cusglider
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

DJI advised me to send in the unit for repair, starting the procedure on their website. You lock in with your account, select the defective device, list the reasons for repair, upload the hardcopy "calibration error" and they list the nearest repair center.

A personal advice ... then pray ;-)
2023-1-10
Use props
djiuser_cQ2R5pjDiqEJ
lvl.1

Philippines

cusglider Posted at 2022-12-31 09:42
It's strange that, at least I did not see it, the official documentation and FAQ is missing the issue camera calibration.
I tried the tip to no avail and got this message. I redid it 5 times, no joy:
[view_image]

Were you able to fix the issue. I am having the same error. Please help
2023-2-9
Use props
cusglider
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_cQ2R5pjDiqEJ Posted at 2-9 03:00

My unit returned from DJI support. They even send me a video proving that the camera was working ok. Seems to me  when you open the O3 to release the camera cable it might be very tricky to correctly connect the micro switches again. So if one or more connectors are not properly connected, the camera refuses to work.
2023-2-10
Use props
pilfpv
lvl.1

Philippines

cusglider Posted at 2-10 08:47
My unit returned from DJI support. They even send me a video proving that the camera was working ok. Seems to me  when you open the O3 to release the camera cable it might be very tricky to correctly connect the micro switches again. So if one or more connectors are not properly connected, the camera refuses to work.

Thank you for your response. It seems that this is the issue of my O3 as well
2023-2-11
Use props
limitless609
lvl.2
Flight distance : 428583 ft
United States

Has anyone figured a solution? I even tried downgrading firmware bc in the release notes it states "added calibration feature" , but still didnt show calibration option in dji assistant. camera seems to operate normal, just want the error gone . thanks
2023-3-11
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

I put a new cam on mine today and ran into this same thing.
2023-3-13
Use props
djiuser_OfTMYYBxFZxg
lvl.1

France

Same for one of o3.... Not find solution, get warranty
2023-4-26
Use props
djiuser_hW1M84FM8dVv
New

Slovakia

djiuser_cQ2R5pjDiqEJ Posted at 2-9 03:00

Hey guys i just want to let you know guys that i had the some issue and here is the fix : i unpluged and repluged the camera cable on my camera ( possibly could be on the o3 unit ) and it was fixed. As someone mentioned when even on conection on the connector is bad i causes the whole camera to work
2023-4-27
Use props
djiuser_d2pb3fCwMkCc
New

Mexico

#Quick Reply HereSOLUCION desconecta y vuelve a conectar el cable que llega al vtx al parecer no esta acomodado correctamente
2023-7-10
Use props
djiuser_84YvdiXeViLQ
New

United States

I had this error and hooking it up to my PC to calibrate didn't do anything. I discovered that I didn't screw the ribbon cable plate back on correctly when I put it back on the first time. Make sure you clip the plate into the slot where I'm pointing in the photo. If you dont then there likely won't be enough pressure on the cable to keep it in place. Doing that fixed my issue. Hope it helps.

IMG_2746.jpg
2023-9-3
Use props
djiuser_CW5OXkK1lQw5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 443025 ft
Netherlands

Also had an unfixable calibration error and a black screen on the O3.
Turn out to be a loose connector of the cam cable in the unit.
Never expected that for a brand new unit.
1-19 04:47
Use props
Albert35mm
New

Spain

I'm having the same issue, error on the calibration, I've tried multiple times but the issue is persisting, I don't know if someone could help me. I've tried reconnecting the camera cable as a previous user mentioned that this could be loose. But that didn't fix my problem.
4-5 09:47
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules