Pre-Loved DJI Drone and Data Protection Law - UK
742 3 2022-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Potty Paddler
New

United Kingdom

Hi All,
I bought a new DJI Mini3 which failed to arrive ... I was refunded :-)
I then bought a pre-loved DJI Mini2 including the Fly-more kit. To be honest I'm glad I ended up with the Mini2.
In DJI settings my drone is still registered to the original owner and whatever I try to do I can't alter that :-(
I'd so like to flag it's change of ownership with DJI.
To be honest I'm unsure if it's legal for me to have access to the previous owner's email address without their permission ... DJI tell me this drone is already registered to xxxxxxxxx :-O
best regards,
Mike.

2022-12-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, Potty Paddler. We are sorry to read about the issue you had with your previous order and if you are having challenges with your DJI Mini 2. Please be advised that if the long-term user of the aircraft changes, it is recommended to remove the bound account and let the new user bound his APP account. Binding an aircraft with an account means the account has ownership of the aircraft. Please note that only the account holder has permission to unbind the drone with the account. This limitation is used to protect the ownership of the product. Since you have purchased a second-hand drone, we would suggest that you kindly try to contact the seller and confirm with the previous owner to log in to the account and unbind the drone first. Then you can log in to your account to bind it. We also have sent you a PM to verify and check some information. Please check, thank you.
2022-12-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If it's not too late,  Id return it.   If you ever need to use another controller you will only get 7 flights before you are locked out.  It's a bit like activation lock on iphones.  
2022-12-27
Use props
Drone Pilot 197
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3066545 ft
United Kingdom

yes not good when you find this out after. Did you manage to contact the previous owner?
2023-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules