Can not switch to DJI FPV mode on V2 Goggles
3842 20 2022-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Connor11155
lvl.1
Flight distance : 497671 ft
United States

I recently got a new pair of FPV Goggles V2 as I had an unfortunate mishap with my original pair. I ordered the goggles alone, not with any particular drone and opened up the new box. The goggles fired up in the "dji digital fpv system" mode. I however have the DJI FPV drone and would like to pair the goggles with my drone. I first connected the goggles to my laptop and used the assistant software to activate the goggles.I now have two issues. First off I cannot update the firmaware of the goggles. The firmware update fails everytime (I have tried two different Mac laptops and all three available softwares multiple times on both). Secondly I cannot switch to the FPV mode on the goggles. The firmware update was my only hope at fixing that problem but the updates fail, my phone does not recognize the goggles, and the "switch to FPV mode" in the setings tab of the digital fpv system mode does not exist. Does anybody have any suggestions on what I should do?

2022-12-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to uninstall the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and please install the software using the link below? If the issue persists, please try to use a different USB communication cable and see if there's any difference. Lastly, if you could provide us a video recording showing the issue about the unit not switching to FPV mode for us to check? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2022-12-26
Use props
Connor11155
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-26 00:00
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to uninstall the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and please install the software using the link below? If the issue persists, please try to use a different USB communication cable and see if there's any difference. Lastly, if you could provide us a video recording showing the issue about the unit not switching to FPV mode for us to check? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series

Hi, thank you for your response. I used that link and downloaded the associated software. Unfortunately in that version my goggles are not detected at all. The computer detects them as normal, as if I want to download images or videos off them, but the software does not detect the goggles at all and I did try multiple different cords. I also did try other cords on the other FPV specific version of the software and I had the same failed update issue with each one. Finally I will link an image with what I see in the menu of these goggles. I have seen a few tutorials on how to switch modes and I am fairly sure that I am in the right spot but that option is not there, please correct me if I am wrong though. Thanks again for your help.
2022-12-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Connor11155 Posted at 12-26 00:50
Hi, thank you for your response. I used that link and downloaded the associated software. Unfortunately in that version my goggles are not detected at all. The computer detects them as normal, as if I want to download images or videos off them, but the software does not detect the goggles at all and I did try multiple different cords. I also did try other cords on the other FPV specific version of the software and I had the same failed update issue with each one. Finally I will link an image with what I see in the menu of these goggles. I have seen a few tutorials on how to switch modes and I am fairly sure that I am in the right spot but that option is not there, please correct me if I am wrong though. Thanks again for your help.
[view_image]

Thank you for keeping us posted. Can you please send me the serial number of the said Goggles via PM? It seems that received a different version of the Goggles. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-12-26
Use props
Connor11155
lvl.1
United States

Does anyone have any other suggestions for me?
2022-12-28
Use props
djiuser_Y3sxAqbtQHet
New
Flight distance : 9718 ft
Norway

Connor11155 Posted at 2022-12-28 00:12
Does anyone have any other suggestions for me?

Hi..

did you get any response on this, I have the same issue with new goggles v2 I got as a replacement
2023-2-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_Y3sxAqbtQHet Posted at 2-24 01:06
Hi..

did you get any response on this, I have the same issue with new goggles v2 I got as a replacement

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please provide us with the same screenshot shown above? Also, are you currently using the DJI Avata or the DJI FPV drone? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-2-24
Use props
Connor11155
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_Y3sxAqbtQHet Posted at 2-24 01:06
Hi..

did you get any response on this, I have the same issue with new goggles v2 I got as a replacement

I ended up sending the goggles back to DJI and had the same problem so I did my own problem solving. I had originally tried updating them using a newer Mac and a USB C hub with multiple different cables to the goggles. I then tried my Windows PC without the dongle. The Windows PC without the dongle worked. It also updated another pair that I have as well where the Mac with the dongle would not. I’m not sure if it’s a problem with the dongle I have which I know works with everything else I plug into it, or if it’s a problem with the DJI software on Mac. Hopefully that helps though. If you’re on a Mac try a Windows PC.
2023-2-24
Use props
TrondNorway
New
Flight distance : 9718 ft
Norway

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-24 02:19
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please provide us with the same screenshot shown above? Also, are you currently using the DJI Avata or the DJI FPV drone? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Hi.

I have excactly the same screenshot as show above. I am using the FPV Drone..
I got this goggles as a replacment for my goggles that have stipes in the display.

I have not yet used my drone.. its brand new :-(
2023-2-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

TrondNorway Posted at 2-26 23:39
Hi.

I have excactly the same screenshot as show above. I am using the FPV Drone..

Thank you for your response. Can you please provide us the serial number via PM so we can check the exact model of the said Goggles that you received? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-3-2
Use props
Ganymed7744
lvl.1
Flight distance : 292582 ft
Germany

Same Problem here... cant switch the mode of the goggles? is there any solution?
2023-3-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Ganymed7744 Posted at 3-25 11:14
Same Problem here... cant switch the mode of the goggles? is there any solution?

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry you're encountering such a concern. May we ask to which drone you're trying to use it with? Please try updating/refreshing the firmware of the goggles using the DJI Assistant 2 software. Once done, try switching again. If the issue remains, please post a screenshot or recording showing the issue. We appreciate your cooperation.
2023-3-25
Use props
Ganymed7744
lvl.1
Germany

Hi there,
yesterday i upgraded my Goggles V2 with the DJI Assistent (for FPV) 2 App.
After restarting the Goggles there isnt any menu option to switch the mode, today im able to take a Photo or Video to proof it.
2023-3-28
Use props
Ganymed7744
lvl.1
Germany

EDIT: If somebody has a pronblem with DJI Drones so call the support there are many profis who flighs too.

on friday DJI will call me Back so i think there is a easy solution, when my problem is solved i will tell u about it =)
2023-3-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Ganymed7744 Posted at 3-28 08:01
EDIT: If somebody has a pronblem with DJI Drones so call the support there are many profis who flighs too.

on friday DJI will call me Back so i think there is a easy solution, when my problem is solved i will tell u about it =)

Hi there. Apologies for the delayed response. Just to confirm, did you send the device back to DJI?
2023-4-3
Use props
djiuser_2hQ1kM9wyyTo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 232510 ft
United Kingdom

I have exactly the same issues word for word as the original poster. Is there any solution to this?
2023-10-11
Use props
djiuser_2hQ1kM9wyyTo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 232510 ft
United Kingdom

I have exactly the same issues word for word as the original poster. Is there any solution to this?
2023-10-11
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 6260171 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_2hQ1kM9wyyTo Posted at 10-11 02:23

no hope if you cannot update the software; you are out of luck.
2023-10-11
Use props
JohanV
lvl.1

Cyprus

Hi, I've got completly the same issue, I can swith my dji fpv v2 goggles to DJI FPV mode.
7-15 06:47
Use props
Connor11155
lvl.1
United States

If I remember correctly a USB dongle was my issue. The goggles could be updated using only the provided USB cord directly into a PC. A usb C dongle from my Mac laptop was the issue. I had the goggles plugged into the dongle and the dongle into the laptop. To solve the problem I needed to use my Windows PC with the USB type A cord provided with the goggles. Do not use any dongle. Hope this helps anyone in the future.
7-15 07:04
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Connor11155 Posted at 7-15 07:04
If I remember correctly a USB dongle was my issue. The goggles could be updated using only the provided USB cord directly into a PC. A usb C dongle from my Mac laptop was the issue. I had the goggles plugged into the dongle and the dongle into the laptop. To solve the problem I needed to use my Windows PC with the USB type A cord provided with the goggles. Do not use any dongle. Hope this helps anyone in the future.

Hi there! We want to express our sincere gratitude for sharing such valuable information with us and our community of users. Your effort in this endeavor is highly appreciated, as well as the time you've taken to share it with us.

Keep us posted always. Thank you for your continued support.
7-16 00:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules