DJI Air2S Frame Rate Problem
2005 18 2022-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aeronorian
lvl.1
Indonesia

Has anyone else ever experienced an issue where footage does not come out using the frame rate set in the app?
In this video linked below, my settings in the DJI Fly app were 5.4K at 30FPS. Instead, I am getting back footage at 17FPS. Nearly half of the frames have been dropped resulting in choppy and unusable footage. Any idea what went wrong?

2022-12-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

What does the file details say?
2022-12-26
Use props
Aeronorian
lvl.1
Indonesia

Montfrooij Posted at 12-26 02:24
What does the file details say?

2022-12-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Is this the original file?
Since DJI does not name their files like that.
2022-12-26
Use props
Aeronorian
lvl.1
Indonesia

Montfrooij Posted at 12-26 04:04
Is this the original file?
Since DJI does not name their files like that.

This is the original file. I renamed it after copying it off the card.
2022-12-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Aeronorian Posted at 12-26 05:31
This is the original file. I renamed it after copying it off the card.

Ok, I never had something like this with my DJI products.
Hope some other pilot can jump in!
2022-12-26
Use props
Flyin Ryan 406
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2334925 ft
United States

Im confused on the video codec being HEVC? Shouldn’t it be H.265? Also the duration of video being 1 hour and 15 minutes long? Did you take the footage directly off of micro sd?
2022-12-26
Use props
Flyin Ryan 406
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2334925 ft
United States

Oops posted same response twice.
2022-12-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Aeronorian. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Is the video also choppy when you play it on DJI Fly? Is it happening on all videos? What are the firmware versions of the drone and RC? We will wait for your update. Thank you.
2022-12-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Aeronorian. Thank you for reaching out and we're so sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please provide us with the original video for further checking? Also, please provide a screenshot of the Remote Controller Firmware Version and Aircraft Firmware Version from the About Page. (Turn on RC and drone>Go Fly>Three Dots on the upper right side>About).

Please upload the files to Dropbox or Google Drive and provide us the shareable link via PM. We will wait for your update. Thank you for your cooperation.
2022-12-26
Use props
Aeronorian
lvl.1
Indonesia

Flyin Ryan 406 Posted at 12-26 11:19
Im confused on the video codec being HEVC? Shouldn’t it be H.265? Also the duration of video being 1 hour and 15 minutes long? Did you take the footage directly off of micro sd?

The video is 1 minute and 15 seconds, not 1 hour and 15 minutes.
2022-12-26
Use props
Aeronorian
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-26 19:38
Hi, Aeronorian. Thank you for reaching out and we're so sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please provide us with the original video for further checking? Also, please provide a screenshot of the Remote Controller Firmware Version and Aircraft Firmware Version from the About Page. (Turn on RC and drone>Go Fly>Three Dots on the upper right side>About).

Please upload the files to Dropbox or Google Drive and provide us the shareable link via PM. We will wait for your update. Thank you for your cooperation.

Thanks for the reply. I am away from home right now, but will post the screenshots when I get back home later.
2022-12-26
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm going to go with the SD card being at fault and your frame rate is probably an average. It's dropping frames.

I've filmed in 5K on this drone and not had an issue. If you're running a card which isn't capable or is fake, it'll struggle to sustain a write.
2022-12-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Aeronorian Posted at 12-26 21:45
Thanks for the reply. I am away from home right now, but will post the screenshots when I get back home later.

Hi, Aeronorian. Thank you for the update. No worries, we will wait for your reply. Safe travels!
2022-12-31
Use props
Aeronorian
lvl.1
Indonesia

CloudVisual Posted at 2022-12-27 03:17
I'm going to go with the SD card being at fault and your frame rate is probably an average. It's dropping frames.

I've filmed in 5K on this drone and not had an issue. If you're running a card which isn't capable or is fake, it'll struggle to sustain a write.

Sorry for the delay in responding to this. I got busy with other projects and forgot to follow up. This does seem like a likely cause. The DJI Fly app even warns me that I'm using a slower SD card so that may be the case. However, I have read in other places that if the card is too slow to sustain the data being written, it will simply stop recording instead of dropping frames. Can anyone confirm this?

In other news, I tried dropping my resolution down to 4K, 30 FPS yesterday and it all played back smoothly with no issues at all.
2023-1-12
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aeronorian Posted at 1-12 19:53
Sorry for the delay in responding to this. I got busy with other projects and forgot to follow up. This does seem like a likely cause. The DJI Fly app even warns me that I'm using a slower SD card so that may be the case. However, I have read in other places that if the card is too slow to sustain the data being written, it will simply stop recording instead of dropping frames. Can anyone confirm this?

In other news, I tried dropping my resolution down to 4K, 30 FPS yesterday and it all played back smoothly with no issues at all.

Let me assure you that if DJI Fly is warning you of a slow SD Card, then that is the issue. Would have helped if you'd mentioned that to begin with.

Buy a better card and make sure it's not fake and you won't have this issue again.
2023-1-13
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 673862 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi,

Can you go one step back and check the properties for the file from Finder?

Also what Micro SD Card are you using?
I’ve had issues with a Sandisk ultra Class 10 but then looking deeper the right speed was not great.
The these days I only use Sandisk Extreme Pros.

SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO microSDXC Card + SD Adapter + RescuePRO Deluxe, up to 200MB/s, with A2 App Performance, UHS-I, Class 10, U3, V30 [url=https://amzn.asia/d/efUfR3e]https://amzn.asia/d/efUfR3e[/url]
0B47B6C7-D655-4A89-9518-D5A9FAFCE546.jpeg
2023-1-16
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 673862 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Flyin Ryan 406 Posted at 2022-12-26 11:19
Im confused on the video codec being HEVC? Shouldn’t it be H.265? Also the duration of video being 1 hour and 15 minutes long? Did you take the footage directly off of micro sd?

HEVC is the same as H.265.
It’s just the way Premier displays the compression format
2023-1-16
Use props
G-FLYBOY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24984 ft
Canada

Don't make yourself crazy with this. It is likely the fact that H.264 and H.265 are fine for tik tok but not for anybody wanting to produce a professional or near professional image. I get this all the time and it isn't because of a bad SD card or anything like that. It is because H.264 and 23.98 on DJI products are terrible. Even if I record to my internal drive I get the same jitter especially on sideways shots. Moving forward to a subject isn't as obvious.. Beware of frame rate mismatches on Adobe premiere timelines that is the footage and the sequence. The only close to reasonable footage I get on my Air 2s is 29.97 with H.264 and there "normal profile. Also the amount of noise on the Air 2S video is a bit much. It is more sumer than pro for sure. H.264 isn't for any serious person. The worst possible editing CODEC. I also have been very unsucessful with transcoding to other Codecs.
2023-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules