4143 79 2022-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17520892 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

Anyone expiriencing the same issue. First day of the update i was using the new waypoints function perfectly. Planned my route, run it afterwards flawlessly and that was it. Same day but night tried to run the same route and the app was crashing. I tried again and again and the app was crashing. I performed an update of the latest fly app and again is crashing.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
George
2022-12-26
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

What device?
2022-12-26
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I performed an update of the latest fly app and again is crashing
Did you mean you uninstalled the FLY app and reinstalled the same version? I thought Waypoints was only avialable on FLY 1.9.0

2022-12-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, George. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry or the unpleasant experience. Have you tried other functions to isolate the issue? Are there any error messages on the app or is it just closing? What RC are you using? We will wait for your update. Thank you.
2022-12-26
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-26 21:01
Hi, George. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry or the unpleasant experience. Have you tried other functions to isolate the issue? Are there any error messages on the app or is it just closing? What RC are you using? We will wait for your update. Thank you.

Hi,
Yes no other issues what so ever and as i said it was working at first. Today i am going to erase the waypoint route i have ,which is the one that worked at first and i will plan a new one to see that will happened.

Thanks,
George
2022-12-26
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

Monkey007 Posted at 12-26 16:51
I performed an update of the latest fly app and again is crashing
Did you mean you uninstalled the FLY app and reinstalled the same version? I thought Waypoints was only avialable on FLY 1.9.0

There is a new distro 1.9.0(1895), this is the latest 1.9.0.

Thanks,
George
2022-12-26
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

Mobilehomer Posted at 12-26 12:51
What device?

Using N1 controller with my S21 Ultra
2022-12-26
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

Erased the previous waypoint route ,created a new one and again the same. As soon as I engage the route app crashes and what I noticed also, is that this time the remote was disconnected from the drone ,so the drone went into rth mode.

Thanks,
2022-12-27
Use props
randykahl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 908747 ft
United States

I tried planning a mission on my DJI RC and it continuously crashed.I tried it on my new RC Pro with no problems or crashes at all.  It's got to be a processing thing.
2022-12-29
Use props
djiuser_riTPpKHyxCJa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9227234 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I've tried on multiple devices and it always crash after adding waypoints.
2022-12-30
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

randykahl Posted at 12-29 14:18
I tried planning a mission on my DJI RC and it continuously crashed.I tried it on my new RC Pro with no problems or crashes at all.  It's got to be a processing thing.

Glad that i am not the only one! Yeah i believe the same should be something with the code.
2022-12-30
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

djiuser_riTPpKHyxCJa Posted at 12-30 08:59
Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I've tried on multiple devices and it always crash after adding waypoints.

Not yet and we do not have an answer from DJI as well. I read somewhere that this issue had a connection with airsense. I tried to disable airsense woth no luck. Had the same result again. I also cleared the cache on the app. Again the same.

Thanks,
2022-12-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

GeorgeFoxCinematography Posted at 12-26 21:45
Hi,
Yes no other issues what so ever and as i said it was working at first. Today i am going to erase the waypoint route i have ,which is the one that worked at first and i will plan a new one to see that will happened.

Hi, George. Thank you for the reply. Please keep us posted. Kindly provide a video of the issue along with a screenshot of the firmware versions of the drone and RC,  and the app version for further checking. Thank you.
2022-12-31
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Try using Assistant 2 Consumer and refresh the drone firmware. Remove the sd card first.
2022-12-31
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Same here, app crashes when using waypoints on my Motorola Moto G8 and the RC-N1.
2023-1-1
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

Mobilehomer Posted at 2022-12-31 10:08
Try using Assistant 2 Consumer and refresh the drone firmware. Remove the sd card first.

Nothing to do with the firmware of the aircraft. This is pure software(FLY app) issue.
2023-1-1
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 1-1 04:07
Same here, app crashes when using waypoints on my Motorola Moto G8 and the RC-N1.

At least i am not alone!
2023-1-1
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

DJI Gamora Posted at 2022-12-31 04:20
Hi, George. Thank you for the reply. Please keep us posted. Kindly provide a video of the issue along with a screenshot of the firmware versions of the drone and RC,  and the app version for further checking. Thank you.

Everything is the latest and as I said I m using N1. As soon as I can I will upload a video during the app crash.

Thanks
2023-1-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

GeorgeFoxCinematography Posted at 1-1 22:58
Everything is the latest and as I said I m using N1. As soon as I can I will upload a video during the app crash.

Thanks

Hi, George. I understand that you already mentioned that everything is updated, please note that we need everything so that we can forward it to our relevant team for further checking. Thank you and we will wait for your update. Also, kindly provide us as well the Crash Log from your phone located at internal storage/android/data/dji.go.v5/files/LOG.
2023-1-2
Use props
fdnyfish
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7965640 ft
  • >>>
United States

The DJI RC also crashes and restarts when planning waypoints with the drone turned off.
2023-1-2
Use props
Newbe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10693212 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Same.. add 2 waypoints and the app goes nope and shuts down back to the main CONNECT NOW screen.. using the Android Samsung 21Fe. Had same issue with track mode back in the day firmware update fixed the issue.. Dare says it's the same issue here..
2023-1-2
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-2 01:23
Hi, George. I understand that you already mentioned that everything is updated, please note that we need everything so that we can forward it to our relevant team for further checking, Thank you and we will wait for your update. Also, kindly provide us as well the Crash Log from your phone located at internal storage/android/data/dji.go.v5/files/LOG.

Dear DJI,
As you can see i am not the only one experiencing this issue. I will provide you the information requested but still start troubleshooting.

Thanks,
2023-1-2
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

Newbe Posted at 1-2 05:31
Same.. add 2 waypoints and the app goes nope and shuts down back to the main CONNECT NOW screen.. using the Android Samsung 21Fe. Had same issue with track mode back in the day firmware update fixed the issue.. Dare says it's the same issue here..

It is clearly a Fly app bug that they need to address asap!
2023-1-2
Use props
BigBadFun
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4353924 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I am also having this issue.
Mavic 3, RC-N1 remote, TriplTek Pro 8" Android tablet. Latest firmware applied,  DJI Fly app 1.9.0.
Using Fn button,  or + symbol on screen while drone is in the air,  
app crashes and closes when adding 2nd waypoint.
Turning off Airsense makes no difference.

2023-1-2
Use props
fdnyfish
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7965640 ft
  • >>>
United States

This whole "ANDROID" thing is new to me, I've been flying with an iOS device since DJI Go4.  I never experienced lockups on iOS.  This is only the first version of DJI Fly since Waypoints were introduced on the Mavic 3.  I'm sure DJI will get a fix out soon, hopefully with a way to sync waypoint missions to your DJI account, so you can access them when using a different controller.
2023-1-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

GeorgeFoxCinematography Posted at 1-2 05:43
Dear DJI,
As you can see i am not the only one experiencing this issue. I will provide you the information requested but still start troubleshooting.

Hi, George. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Kindly provide the information needed from reply #13 (https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 962&pid=2942323) as well as the app crash log locate on this path: internal storage/android/data/dji.go.v5/files/LOG. This information will help us to investigate this concern. Thank you for your cooperation.
2023-1-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fdnyfish Posted at 1-2 03:29
The DJI RC also crashes and restarts when planning waypoints with the drone turned off.

Hi, fdnyfish. Thank you for joining the thread and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Kindly provide the DJI RC Log to help us check this concern. Here's how to get the DJI RC Logs:
Tool preparation:
1. Be sure to install DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) on a computer.
2. Use the USB 3.0 Type-C cable

Operating steps:
1. Power on the DJI RC remote controller and connect it to the computer using the USB 3.0 Type-C cable.
2. Launch DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series)
3. After DJI Assistant 2 identifies the DJI RC remote controller, click the connected device name icon.
4. Go to the Menu page and select [Log Export] in the left menu. Next, click the data to be exported and select [Save To Local].
5. After selecting the storage path, please wait until the downloading and compression have been completed.
6. Then, send the saved file (format: .DAT) to DJI Support.

Once the required information has been completed, kindly upload the file/s to Dropbox or Google Drive and provide us the shareable link via PM. Thank you for your cooperation and support.
2023-1-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

BigBadFun Posted at 1-2 11:26
I am also having this issue.
Mavic 3, RC-N1 remote, TriplTek Pro 8" Android tablet. Latest firmware applied,  DJI Fly app 1.9.0.
Using Fn button,  or + symbol on screen while drone is in the air,  

Hi, BigBadFun. Thank you for joining the thread and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Kindly provide a video of the issue along with a screenshot of the firmware versions of the drone and RC-N1, the app version, and crash logs from your tablet located at internal storage/android/data/dji.go.v5/files/LOG for further checking.

Once the required information has been completed, kindly upload the file/s to Dropbox or Google Drive and provide us the shareable link via PM. Thank you for your cooperation and support.
2023-1-7
Use props
BigBadFun
lvl.3
  • >>>
New Zealand

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-7 07:26
Hi, BigBadFun. Thank you for joining the thread and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Kindly provide a video of the issue along with a screenshot of the firmware versions of the drone and RC-N1, the app version, and crash logs from your tablet located at internal storage/android/data/dji.go.v5/files/LOG for further checking.

Thanks - I have sent you the files as requested.   For other peoples information,  a copy of the video showing the app crash is here:  
2023-1-7
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

BigBadFun Posted at 1-7 15:42
Thanks - I have sent you the files as requested.   For other peoples information,  a copy of the video showing the app crash is here:  https://youtu.be/T0wNGVYVRdQ

Try updating the Tripletek. Or using your phone instead, just for a try.
2023-1-7
Use props
BigBadFun
lvl.3
  • >>>
New Zealand

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-7 16:10
Try updating the Tripletek. Or using your phone instead, just for a try.

Cheers - just tried that.   Tripltek is all up to date.

Installed fresh DJI Fly app on my Samsung S21+ phone,  exactly same result as video.  
2023-1-7
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

BigBadFun Posted at 1-7 17:27
Cheers - just tried that.   Tripltek is all up to date.

Installed fresh DJI Fly app on my Samsung S21+ phone,  exactly same result as video.

Now try your phone.
2023-1-7
Use props
BigBadFun
lvl.3
  • >>>
New Zealand

See above.
2023-1-7
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Sorry, I'm also watching NFL. Titans vs the Jaguars
2023-1-7
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

Thanks - I have sent you the files as requested.   For other peoples information,  a copy of the video showing the app crash is here:  https://youtu.be/T0wNGVYVRdQ

Thanks for sending this video!
2023-1-8
Use props
djiuser_KMnpFoIEh3y2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 772152 ft
United States

Am having the same problem with Tripletek 8 pro. Waypoint 1 sets and on setting waypoint 2, the app. crashes.
2023-1-8
Use props
Jonatan.N
Second Officer
Flight distance : 170627 ft

I saw some one said they can get it work by turning off the airsense. Maybe you can try it out.
2023-1-9
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jonatan.N Posted at 1-9 04:23
I saw some one said they can get it work by turning off the airsense. Maybe you can try it out.
Nothing to do with airsense and i really do not understand who came up with this "brialliant" idea. Never the less multiple people tried that with no success, including myself.
2023-1-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Jared. Please know that we appreciate your time and effort. We have forwarded the information to our relevant team for further checking. Thank you.
2023-1-10
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

Can you please guys try timelapse as well. Tried it today(Mavic 3,Mini 3 Pro,Air 2S) and eventhough the pictures are taken the love feed freezes and gets into rth mode!
I am very close to downgrade fly app version.
2023-1-10
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules