1191 16 2022-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mattft86
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73081 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi all I updated my friends m3 tonight and there is no option to apply for the c1 sticker.
9CADD94C-8CA9-4644-96E9-DF5DB1EC4D47.png
2022-12-26
Use props
Mattft86
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Also it’s on the latest firmware yet he can still control the leds.
A6EDB0C0-252F-4EA7-8A61-E72C6C72A8DD.jpeg
B3C435B1-D4D8-4B5E-AD95-B12AE1A29F7D.jpeg
2022-12-26
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Am I misunderstanding things? I thought the labelling relates to the drone, not the controller? Am I wrong?
If wrong in what way does the labelling relate to the controller?
2022-12-26
Use props
Mattft86
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-26 15:07
Am I misunderstanding things? I thought the labelling relates to the drone, not the controller? Am I wrong?
If wrong in what way does the labelling relate to the controller?

Yes you are correct. But you are supposed to be able to order the label via the control but we don’t have the option to. Also the new firmware is ment to take away the ability to turn off the lights but we still have control over them.
2022-12-26
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mattft86 Posted at 12-26 15:10
Yes you are correct. But you are supposed to be able to order the label via the control but we don’t have the option to. Also the new firmware is ment to take away the ability to turn off the lights but we still have control over them.

Ah, cheers.
2022-12-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Mattft86. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
The C1 label application portal is only available when your drone fulfills the following three conditions:
a. Your drone type is Mavic 3 or Mavic 3 Cine;
b. DJI APP version is 1.9.0 or above and Firmware version is 01.00.0900 or above;
c. Drone now in the European Economic Area (EEA).
If all conditions are met, but the option to apply does not appear, ensure that the following points are followed:
1. Drone must be connected to the remote controller.
2. Remote Controller/Mobile phone must be connected to the internet.
3. Ensure a good GPS signal.
4. If you are using the DJI RC or the DJI RC Pro, please confirm if the recognized time zone is in EEA countries. Go to Setting-->System-->Date&Time.
Enable all authorization for GPS info and location info.

Kindly keep us updated. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
2022-12-26
Use props
Mattft86
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 12-26 20:19
The C1 label application portal is only available when your drone fulfills the following three conditions:

Hi thanks for the reply. Everything is up to date I’m in the uk. When I updated the drone I had to do it through the pc. When I was looking for the tab to apply the drone didn’t have gps but we took it outside and got 14 says but still nothing popped up.
2022-12-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mattft86 Posted at 12-27 03:54
Hi thanks for the reply. Everything is up to date I’m in the uk. When I updated the drone I had to do it through the pc. When I was looking for the tab to apply the drone didn’t have gps but we took it outside and got 14 says but still nothing popped up.

You have to be in Europe to apply for the label.   UK is not included as the C classification will not be recognised here.
2022-12-27
Use props
Mattft86
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-27 04:02
You have to be in Europe to apply for the label.   UK is not included as the C classification will not be recognised here.

Ah I didn’t think of that thank you. At least he can still control the leds.
2022-12-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mattft86 Posted at 12-27 04:04
Ah I didn’t think of that thank you. At least he can still control the leds.

Im not sure if those settings apply when flying in the UK or not.   I've not seen any clarification on that yet.    Out of curiosity if you acive track a person,  is the distance limited to 50m?
2022-12-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Mattft86 Posted at 12-27 03:54

Thank you for the update. Since you are in the UK, it does not meet the criteria where the drone should be in the European Economic Area (EEA), regretfully. Rest assured, you can fly your drone freely without a C1 Label in the none EEA regions. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day!
2022-12-27
Use props
dorin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1123471 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI Tony Posted at 2022-12-26 20:19
Hi Tony, i am in Switzerland, not EU per se, but Switzerland adheres to EU rules when it comes to drones. I do not get the C1 prompt, also not available in the support page, any idea what i can do?

Cheers,
Dorin
2023-1-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

dorin Posted at 1-8 11:00
Hi Tony, i am in Switzerland, not EU per se, but Switzerland adheres to EU rules when it comes to drones. I do not get the C1 prompt, also not available in the support page, any idea what i can do?

Cheers,

Hi, Dorin. Thank you for reaching out. Yes, we are still working on the Firmware to make sure the aircraft flying in Switzerland are granted the C1 label. The C1 label is estimated to be available within Q1 of 2023. Per the EASA regulation (https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/do ... tegory-civil-drones ), there will be flight limitations on the aircraft without a C1 certificate and without C1-compliant firmware to fly in the A2 Open Category until 31 December 2023; or in the A3 Open Category after 1 January 2024.
However, during the 2023-2024-0101 period, all EEA countries have a 1-year transition period. During the transition period, you can fly without a C1 certificate until the end of 2023 but if you need to fly in A2 open category, you may be asked for passing the exam as requested.
For more details and the requested exam of the regulation during the transition period, please refer to the following website:
https://www.bazl.admin.ch/bazl/e ... dnishilfe/news.html
https://www.bazl.admin.ch/bazl/e ... e_limited-open.html
We apologize for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding. Have a nice day.
2023-1-9
Use props
dorin
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi Tony, as Switzerland has the same rules as EU why didn’t the firmware include it as well, is it a silly overlook.

I already have the a1/a3, to get the a2 i need to go to Bern in person, it would be so much easier if DJI would have respected all the markets they sell into.

Do you know roughly if by q3 you mean feb or end march?

Cheers,
Dorin
2023-1-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

dorin Posted at 1-12 22:50
Hi Tony, as Switzerland has the same rules as EU why didn’t the firmware include it as well, is it a silly overlook.

I already have the a1/a3, to get the a2 i need to go to Bern in person, it would be so much easier if DJI would have respected all the markets they sell into.

Hello, dorin. As the estimated time is within Q1 of 2023, then it should be from January to March. We sure hope that it will be released sooner. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Take care!
2023-1-12
Use props
dorin
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI Tony Posted at 1-12 23:51
Hello, dorin. As the estimated time is within Q1 of 2023, then it should be from January to March. We sure hope that it will be released sooner. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Take care!

Hi Tony, any idea when the update is to come? Cheers, Dorin
2023-4-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

dorin Posted at 4-7 23:26
Hi Tony, any idea when the update is to come? Cheers, Dorin

Hello, Dorin. Thanks for checking in. We're sorry, but it has been extended and the related team confirmed  it to be available by Q2 of 2023. We apologize for the inconvenience this delay has caused you. Rest assured that the designated department are working on the firmware and will release it as soon as it becomes available. We ask for your continued understanding and patience.
2023-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules