123Next >
16192 86 2022-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
theromit
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14154 ft
United States

I have a mini 2, and have an SD card in the drone. I took a bunch of photos and videos yesterday and was able to transfer many of them using Album > Batch Select and pressing transfer. After a bit, I was unable to transfer anymore. The message said insufficient storage on mobile device. I am not sure why that's the error because I have plenty of storage on my iPhone.
I am a bit confused now about how storage and transfer works. If I have SD card in the drone, does it store directly on the card and transfers to phone through the DJI Fly app? What is the "video cache"? Is it photos/videos stored on the card or is there storage on the drone itself?

Finally, what's the best way to get all my photos and videos to my phone?
2022-12-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, theromit. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the trouble caused. Please note that downloading videos from the drone to the mobile phone through the DJI Fly app would require more than twice the storage space. For example, if the size of the video from the drone is around 2 GB, there should be 4 GB of free storage available for the download to be successful. If the storage left on your mobile device right now is much larger, then we will have to investigate further. Here is the information we need to collect:
1. Screenshot of the mobile phone system (About page).
2. Screenshot of the total storage left.
3. Video of the complete transfer process (including the errors).
You may send us the following details via PM to protect your privacy. Regarding your inquiry about how the storage and transfer work, the videos will be stored on the microSD card of the drone first and will be transferred to the mobile phone through the DJI Fly app. About the video cache, it is a low-resolution version of the video that is captured by the drone's camera which is stored on the App. It is changed to be displayed in the [Aircraft Album] when a device is disconnected, and it is hidden and not displayed when a device is connected.
We hope this helps and we will be waiting for your update. Thank you, and keep safe.
2022-12-26
Use props
djiuser_CNtnrumVoaA3
New
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 12-26 20:05
Hi, theromit. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the trouble caused. Please note that downloading videos from the drone to the mobile phone through the DJI Fly app would require more than twice the storage space. For example, if the size of the video from the drone is around 2 GB, there should be 4 GB of free storage available for the download to be successful. If the storage left on your mobile device right now is much larger, then we will have to investigate further. Here is the information we need to collect:

I have the exact same issue with a mini 3 pro
2022-12-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Please note that downloading videos from the drone to the mobile phone through the DJI Fly app would require more than twice the storage space. For example, if the size of the video from the drone is around 2 GB, there should be 4 GB of free storage available for the download to be successful. If the storage left on your mobile device right now is much larger, then we will have to investigate further.

is the information that double the space is required in the manuals of applicable drones? I have not noticed it in a mini 2 manual.
If it is not in those manuals could I suggest that it is added.

BTW I don't know who down voted your post because I think your post contained a rather important snippet of information.
2022-12-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

deleted, I forgot to quote the OP
2022-12-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you considered taking the card out of the drone and putting it into a reader attached to the phone.....if iPhones permit the use of such a thing?  

oh well quoting the OP didn't work lol.
2022-12-28
Use props
djiuser_K14QQLfvUS7c
New
Singapore

I had the same issue with pocket 2
2022-12-28
Use props
therome
lvl.1
United States

Hi, theromit. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the trouble caused. Please note that downloading videos from the drone to the mobile phone through the DJI Fly app would require more than twice the storage space. For example, if the size of the video from the drone is around 2 GB, there should be 4 GB of free storage available for the download to be successful. If the storage left on your mobile device right now is much larger, then we will have to investigate further. Here is the information we need to collect:

Thanks for the details. I removed the SD card and cleaned it a bit and I also turned everything off and re-connected and I think for now I am able to get the remaining pictures and videos to my phone and I don't see the error message. If I see it again I will write back here and/or directly send you the screenshots. Thanks for the quick reply!
2022-12-28
Use props
therome
lvl.1
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-28 06:48
Have you considered taking the card out of the drone and putting it into a reader attached to the phone.....if iPhones permit the use of such a thing?  

oh well quoting the OP didn't work lol.

Yes, I could just connect the card to a computer and copy all the files over. I was afraid I may not have everything on the card, but I think what is seen as "video cache" is what is visible in the DJI Fly app but all media is stored on the SD card. Right?
2022-12-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

therome Posted at 12-28 08:41
Yes, I could just connect the card to a computer and copy all the files over. I was afraid I may not have everything on the card, but I think what is seen as "video cache" is what is visible in the DJI Fly app but all media is stored on the SD card. Right?

Whilst I myself copy from the card to computer I was actually suggesting using a reader to copy/move imagery straight from the card to the phone. That is, if there are such readers available for iPhones. There are such readers for microUSB connectors i.e. older Android phones, but I do not know if there are Lightning card-readers.
2022-12-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

therome Posted at 12-28 08:40
Thanks for the details. I removed the SD card and cleaned it a bit and I also turned everything off and re-connected and I think for now I am able to get the remaining pictures and videos to my phone and I don't see the error message. If I see it again I will write back here and/or directly send you the screenshots. Thanks for the quick reply!

You are most welcome. We hope that such issue will not occur again. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day.
2022-12-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-28 06:41
is the information that double the space is required in the manuals of applicable drones? I have not noticed it in a mini 2 manual.
If it is not in those manuals could I suggest that it is added.

Hi, Captain. Currently, this information is not documented in the User Manuals. But we will make sure to relay your request to our designated team for attention. We appreciate your continued support and efforts. Take care!
2022-12-29
Use props
djiuser_cEyj7bzQQ89g
New

Netherlands

I have the same issue mini 3 pro, also first started on the 26th. Any updates on how to fix it? Have an iphone 13 pro with 40gigs of free storage and the videos combined are only 4gb
2022-12-30
Use props
djiuser_kuSdJrNHu3QP
New
Flight distance : 354459 ft
United States

djiuser_cEyj7bzQQ89g Posted at 12-30 05:29
I have the same issue mini 3 pro, also first started on the 26th. Any updates on how to fix it? Have an iphone 13 pro with 40gigs of free storage and the videos combined are only 4gb

I also have same issue. Mini 3 Pro. iPhone 12. 2TB of space on the icloud. First issue tried to download ~35GB. Error message with “insufficient space on my device.” Downloaded in smaller sizes. Was working then received same error message after about 25GB.
2022-12-31
Use props
djiuser_mazUBm4oRzij
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_kuSdJrNHu3QP Posted at 12-31 07:37
I also have same issue. Mini 3 Pro. iPhone 12. 2TB of space on the icloud. First issue tried to download ~35GB. Error message with “insufficient space on my device.” Downloaded in smaller sizes. Was working then received same error message after about 25GB.

I’ve been having this issue with both DJI Fly and DJI Mimo as well as GoPro. This is something new in iOS 16 that seems to report much less space than it’s really available on the device. I have over 128 GB empty space and can’t save 1GB video.
2022-12-31
Use props
djiuser_75svJKmJoFPk
New

United States

I’m having the same issue! This is very frustrating. My phone has more than enough storage. Please help!
2023-1-1
Use props
djiuser_75svJKmJoFPk
New

United States

Same issue! iPhone more than enough storage
2023-1-1
Use props
djiuser_Ua42l0FHigtG
New
Flight distance : 28648 ft
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 2022-12-26 20:05

Hi there,
I am having the exact same issue on my iPhone, I have collected all of the photos/videos that you have mentioned above and would like to send them through to you to analyse please. I am unable to find where to PM you to send them, if you could please let me know how to do so that’d be fantastic!
Cheers,
Matt
2023-1-2
Use props
djiuser_Ua42l0FHigtG
New
Flight distance : 28648 ft
Australia

Hi there,
I am having the exact same issue on my iPhone, I have collected all of the photos/videos that you have mentioned above and would like to send them through to you to analyse please. I am unable to find where to PM you to send them, if you could please let me know how to do so that’d be fantastic!
Cheers,
Matt
2023-1-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_Ua42l0FHigtG Posted at 1-2 22:17
Hi there,
I am having the exact same issue on my iPhone, I have collected all of the photos/videos that you have mentioned above and would like to send them through to you to analyse please. I am unable to find where to PM you to send them, if you could please let me know how to do so that’d be fantastic!
Cheers,

Hi there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We just received a new update regarding this concern. Our engineers are aware of the issue and will optimize it through an update of the DJI Fly app. At the moment, you may try to delete some files that are no longer needed to release more space on your device and try to download them again. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
2023-1-3
Use props
bbb6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3569488 ft
Netherlands

I also have this same issue and it has been a problem for weeks. I have enough physical free space on my iPhone (±60GB). Deleting files of freeing up space otherwise doesn't work. It seems to occur especially with large videos (>1GB / 1:00 min+).Drone: DJI Mini 3 Pro

2023-1-3
Use props
DJI MacFly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 150758 ft
Canada

Same issue.  It would be most appreciated if DJI Fly App could be updated to have option to store album and export files to the SD card (rather than internal storage) in android devices.  I have a samsung A5 2017 with latest android update possible at 8.1.1 with 32GB internal and a 256GB SD card.  This would address the issues discussed above (for android).  Thank you.
2023-1-3
Use props
shuoshuo
New
United States

Hi, theromit. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the trouble caused. Please note that downloading videos from the drone to the mobile phone through the DJI Fly app would require more than twice the storage space. For example, if the size of the video from the drone is around 2 GB, there should be 4 GB of free storage available for the download to be successful. If the storage left on your mobile device right now is much larger, then we will have to investigate further. Here is the information we need to collect:

Same issue with action 2. I have over 100GB of free space on my iPhone and still received that error message. I restarted both iPhone and the camera and my problem has been solved. It is a little annoying and I hope you can fix the issue soon. BTW is there the same app Dji Mimo for the Macbook version? I cannot find the app on my MacBook.
2023-1-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

shuoshuo Posted at 1-5 22:24
Same issue with action 2. I have over 100GB of free space on my iPhone and still received that error message. I restarted both iPhone and the camera and my problem has been solved. It is a little annoying and I hope you can fix the issue soon. BTW is there the same app Dji Mimo for the Macbook version? I cannot find the app on my MacBook.

We are sorry you are experiencing the same concern, shuoshuo. And yes, we hope that this will be resolved as soon as possible. Regarding the DJI Mimo app, regretfully, it can only be installed on an Android or iPhone at the moment. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Should you have other concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day!
2023-1-9
Use props
djiuser_bzRgeH4ovGAK
New
Flight distance : 33944 ft
United States

I am having the same issue with my DJI Mini 2. It was transferring videos just fine up to a day ago, but now it’s telling me that my iPhone 12 Pro has insufficient space. I have 89 GB of free storage space on my phone, so I know it’s not a storage issue. I tried all of the suggestions above but it still won’t transfer. It was nice having a direct transfer to my phone, but I guess I will have to now remove the SD card each time I want to transfer videos. DJI please come up with a fix for this issue.
2023-1-10
Use props
joshbootz
New

United States

I had the same issue. Hundreds of gigs available on my iPhone. Insufficient storage message appears even if I tried to transfer one photo. Unfortunately I recorded footage on internal memory of my air 2S. Is there another way to transfer from internal storage?
2023-1-10
Use props
Romer
New

Portugal

I have the exact same issue, a brand new DJI Mini Pro 3 , with no SD Card inserted, i did the set up , updated it to the latest version, and then took it for a first flight and started recording, which it did on its internal memory, i took a screenshot and then a video, i forgot to turn it off, so it stopped recording by itself when it ran out of space.
I connected it to my iPhone through the DJI App, i can transfer the photo with no issue and as many times as i want, but the video gives out the same error "Insufficient storage on mobile device. Free up space and try again"... but like on previous posts i also have more than 100Gigs available on my iPhone 11 Pro Max (also updated to the latest iOS).
So it's no doubt an issue with the DJI Mini Pro 3.
Since it's my first video i really would like to save it.
Can you help?

2023-1-10
Use props
fans72a7a15c
New
Flight distance : 5587 ft
United States

Yep…. Same exact issue. Lots of storage available on iphone (100gb+) trying to transfer files to phone, message shown on DJI app “insufficient storage on mobile device. Please free up space & try again” .. have taken the SD Card out, cleaned, put back in, nothing.
2023-1-10
Use props
fabio_vac
lvl.1

Italy

What about the fix?
2023-1-16
Use props
Maverick_dji
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56847 ft

Austria

Same issue here with DJI Mini 2 and iPhone 14 Pro (with about 70GB free storage). Did anybody contact DJI support?
2023-1-17
Use props
Nate Willis
New

Australia

One particular file recorded on my (Mini 1) miniSD card is corrupt and won't play back, despite other files shot on the same day play back fine.

I connected to the DJI Fly app to download the high-res version and came across the "Insuffucuent storage on mobile device"

Using on iPhone 13 Pro Max with IOS 16.2

Please fix this asap as the footage is officially unobtainable now that the file is corrupt on the SD card and can't be retrieved from the app.
2023-1-17
Use props
Nate Willis
New

Australia

Nate Willis Posted at 1-17 16:15
One particular file recorded on my (Mini 1) miniSD card is corrupt and won't play back, despite other files shot on the same day play back fine.

I connected to the DJI Fly app to download the high-res version and came across the "Insuffucuent storage on mobile device"

[Workaround] Just troubleshooted the issue downloading the DJI Fly app and logging in on my partners older iPhone 11 that is using IOS16.1.1 and I was able to download the High-Res footage. Just an FYI for those looking for a quick workaround with an older device/IOS available.
2023-1-17
Use props
djiuser_jJJuPfI7Owoq
New

Malta

Same issue here with DJI mini 3 pro ! Cant download a 3.4 GB video and I have more than 60 GB  OF STORAGE
2023-1-18
Use props
djiuser_Su8tU0zT6ng3
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-3 00:52
Hi there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We just received a new update regarding this concern. Our engineers are aware of the issue and will optimize it through an update of the DJI Fly app. At the moment, you may try to delete some files that are no longer needed to release more space on your device and try to download them again. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

I’m still having the problem, even after this firmware update!  I have so much storage on my iPhone. Come on.  This has been since I got the drone 1 month ago
2023-1-19
Use props
djiuser_Su8tU0zT6ng3
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-3 00:52

Respond to me
2023-1-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_Su8tU0zT6ng3 Posted at 1-19 18:56
I’m still having the problem, even after this firmware update!  I have so much storage on my iPhone. Come on.  This has been since I got the drone 1 month ago

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We're sorry to read that you are having the same concern. Our engineers have confirmed that this has not been fixed as of posting and the process needs more time. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. As soon as this is resolved, we'll let you know. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-1-19
Use props
djiuser_ftvE5DUC0zJi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 188478 ft
United Kingdom

Just bought the Mavic 3 classic and took it out for its maiden flight today, unfortunately I'm having the same issue as everyone else, loads of storage on iPhone and error message saying not enough storage. Couldn't upload footage to YouTube because of this. Come on DJI, give me an easy alternative instead whilst you're trying to sort it. Do I have use my DJI RCNI instead of the DJI RC?
2023-1-20
Use props
djiuser_Su8tU0zT6ng3
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-19 22:37
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We're sorry to read that you are having the same concern. Our engineers have confirmed that this has not been fixed as of posting and the process needs more time. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. As soon as this is resolved, we'll let you know. Thank you, and have a nice day.

Can you email or call me when it’s fixed?
2023-1-20
Use props
bbb6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3569488 ft
Netherlands

It's been almost 3 weeks and it hasn't been fixed. Please give an expectation when this will be fixed. Days, weeks, months? Or give an easy alternative or quick fix.
Currently there is no solution at all and I think that's unreasonable. Theoretically our files are locked in on the device for weeks now already.
2023-1-21
Use props
djiuser_ftvE5DUC0zJi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 188478 ft
United Kingdom

As well as the quick transfer issues, why is it breaking my 16 minute videos into 3 minute segments? Come on DJI sort this out. £1500 drone that's not working
2023-1-21
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules