123Next >
16337 86 2022-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
James Rasco
New
Flight distance : 113228 ft
Thailand

I have 50 gb free storage on my iPhone and I get the not enough memory on the device message. Reading through the comments this error is prevalent on an  iPhone.

It seems obvious DJI has a software problem concerning Apple iPhone memory assessment.

I fly the  DJI Mini 3 Pro.
2023-1-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_Su8tU0zT6ng3 Posted at 1-20 15:29
Can you email or call me when it’s fixed?

Hi there. All official announcements will be made through the DJI website (www.dji.com). We will also provide an update in this Forum thread once the issue has been resolved. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-1-23
Use props
fans621d53c7
New

Mexico

Same message over the last month, no workout and plenty of space on my phone, over 120gb and photos and videos on mini 3 pro only 1.7gb
2023-1-23
Use props
AroldoPC
lvl.1
Brazil

I have a Mini 3 Pro and plenty of storage on my iPhone and I can't download videos using the DJI Fly App. When are you releasing the fix?
2023-1-24
Use props
Macked
Second Officer
Flight distance : 115318 ft
United States

Try closing your apps on phone.
2023-1-24
Use props
AroldoPC
lvl.1
Brazil

Macked Posted at 1-24 04:14
Try closing your apps on phone.
It does not work. I rebooted my phone too.
This is an issue bettween Fly App for iOS and DJI Mini 3 Pro. I finally installed the DJI Fly app on my other phone Sumsung GALAXY S22 and it works there. But I prefer to do it on The iPhone. DjI is aware of this issue.
2023-1-24
Use props
jonmartis
lvl.1
United States

I'm having the same issue (Insufficient storage on mobile device) with my iPhone 14 Pro.  If I use my iPhone 11 I do not have the issue.
Any idea when a solution will be posted?
2023-1-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, AroldoPC and jonmartis. We have not received an official update as of posting. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please allow our related team some more time to resolve this concern. And please continue to stay tuned for official updates. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-1-25
Use props
fansd05bbbad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 214528 ft
Australia

Same issue. Plenty of storage. What is the update on the fix?
2023-1-26
Use props
dshirikjian72
New

United States

Same issue, just updated everything with no change in outcome.  Trying to upload 12gb and have 136gb free storage on iPhone 14 Pro Max.
Any updates?

Thanks
David
2023-1-28
Use props
djiuser_ftvE5DUC0zJi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 188478 ft
United Kingdom

DJI why is this taking so long, again more footage not transferring through quick transfer, still chopping my footage into 3 minute segments too. Also noticed each 3 minutes of footage is 3gb in size which is surely not right???
2023-1-28
Use props
fansbaa2cfa8
New
Flight distance : 62923 ft

Philippines

Hello, I have the same annoying issue with quicktransfer. As workaround you could use a SD Card Adapter and transfer it to iCloud Drive and then to your photo library. Big files are sometimes not able to be transferred directly to the photo library so far my experience. It isn’t the best solution but better then having no backup of your drone shots. Hope we will see the update soon.
Regards
2023-1-28
Use props
djiuser_zJB6JdP1pbmJ
New

United States

We all have issues and need a tissue. Is it fixed yet?
2023-1-31
Use props
djiuser_zJB6JdP1pbmJ
New

United States

We all have issues and need a tissue. Is it fixed yet?
2023-1-31
Use props
djiuser_zJB6JdP1pbmJ
New

United States

How big are the sd cards that you all are using?
2023-1-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_ftvE5DUC0zJi Posted at 1-28 15:21
DJI why is this taking so long, again more footage not transferring through quick transfer, still chopping my footage into 3 minute segments too. Also noticed each 3 minutes of footage is 3gb in size which is surely not right???

Hi there. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Due to the limitation of the SD card file system and to protect the safety of your footage, the video will be automatically split when the size of the video reaches approximately 4 GB size. This is a normal phenomenon. Please rest assured to use it.
2023-1-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Good day, DJI Pilots. We're sorry you're experiencing the same issue. Our engineers are still currently working to resolve this concern. Alternatively, you may transfer your files directly to your computer by using an SD Card Reader as suggested above. We are sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
2023-1-31
Use props
djiuser_ftvE5DUC0zJi
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 1-31 22:44
Hi there. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Due to the limitation of the SD card file system and to protect the safety of your footage, the video will be automatically split when the size of the video reaches approximately 4 GB size. This is a normal phenomenon. Please rest assured to use it.

This never happened with my Mavic Air 2, could transfer footage 20min long from the DJI Fly app to my iPhone no problem. So we have 2 issues with Mavic 3 classic.
1. Quick transfers not working
2. Splitting footage into segments if over 3 minutes long.

Why is it taking so long to sort the issues?
2023-2-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_ftvE5DUC0zJi Posted at 2-1 08:49
This never happened with my Mavic Air 2, could transfer footage 20min long from the DJI Fly app to my iPhone no problem. So we have 2 issues with Mavic 3 classic.
1. Quick transfers not working
2. Splitting footage into segments if over 3 minutes long.

The actual recording time is related to the maximum bit rate under different video resolutions and the actual recording environment and is not a fixed value. The resolution setting plays the most important role. Most likely, the resolution set was low and the maximum video bitrate is low. If this is not the case, kindly share a copy of the 20-minute-long video and indicate the resolution used. As for the QuickTransfer issue, our engineers are working on it and it requires time. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-2-1
Use props
djiuser_ftvE5DUC0zJi
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2-1 23:05
The actual recording time is related to the maximum bit rate under different video resolutions and the actual recording environment and is not a fixed value. The resolution setting plays the most important role. Most likely, the resolution set was low and the maximum video bitrate is low. If this is not the case, kindly share a copy of the 20-minute-long video and indicate the resolution used. As for the QuickTransfer issue, our engineers are working on it and it requires time. Thanks for your understanding.

Not really familiar with that technical stuff, I shoot all my stuff in auto mode
2023-2-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_ftvE5DUC0zJi Posted at 2-2 02:27
Not really familiar with that technical stuff, I shoot all my stuff in auto mode

We understand. The video splitting mechanism is the same with drones. The length would depend mostly on the resolution set. If you encounter any other issues with your Mavic 3 Classic, please let us know. Thank you, and keep safe.
2023-2-2
Use props
djiuser_ftvE5DUC0zJi
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2-2 21:20
We understand. The video splitting mechanism is the same with drones. The length would depend mostly on the resolution set. If you encounter any other issues with your Mavic 3 Classic, please let us know. Thank you, and keep safe.

Video never split with my Mavic air 2, could video 16 minutes footage no problem in 4k on auto settings.
Exactly same settings on Mavic 3 classic and it's splitting footage of anything over 3-4 minutes
2023-2-3
Use props
djiuser_gUGSDaso24BS
New

Libya

I am having the same issue with mini 3 pro and it’s very FRUSTRATING!
2023-2-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_gUGSDaso24BS Posted at 2-3 02:32
I am having the same issue with mini 3 pro and it’s very FRUSTRATING!

Hi, there.
May we know if you meet the problem of a warning appears stating “Insufficient storage on a mobile device. Free up space and try again” as well?
If yes, we recommend exiting the mobile phone apps running in the background or clearing the cache, then trying again. To resolve this issue, the logic for determining the remaining space will be optimized in the next version. We recommend keeping an eye out for future DJI Fly updates.
If not, could you please send us more details or send us a related screenshot so that we can confirm this problem better?

Thanks again in advance.

2023-2-3
Use props
djiuser_ftvE5DUC0zJi
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-3 04:16
Hi, there.
May we know if you meet the problem of a warning appears stating “Insufficient storage on a mobile device. Free up space and try again” as well?
If yes, we recommend exiting the mobile phone apps running in the background or clearing the cache, then trying again. To resolve this issue, the logic for determining the remaining space will be optimized in the next version. We recommend keeping an eye out for future DJI Fly updates.

Loads of space on mobile, you have been told this countless times. Why is it taking so long to resolve?
2023-2-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_ftvE5DUC0zJi Posted at 2-3 06:34
Loads of space on mobile, you have been told this countless times. Why is it taking so long to resolve?

We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused. And please don't worry, we will do our best to help you with this problem.
For the problem you meet, may we confirm if you tried the suggestion above (on floor 64#) already?
Thank you very much in advance.
2023-2-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_ftvE5DUC0zJi Posted at 2-3 01:06
Video never split with my Mavic air 2, could video 16 minutes footage no problem in 4k on auto settings.
Exactly same settings on Mavic 3 classic and it's splitting footage of anything over 3-4 minutes

Kindly share a sample video for confirmation. We'd like to investigate it further for you. Thank you.
2023-2-6
Use props
MRAD
lvl.1

United States

I'm having the same issue.  Plenty of space on my iPhone.  Mini 3 Pro.  

DJI -  you have 29 days to fix this (or less), otherwise, I'm going to return this to the retailer.  This is VERY BASIC functionality and from the notes, it's taken well over a month to fix.  DJI has bigger issues than this if they can't fix this very basic thing.
2023-2-7
Use props
rrlevy
New

Brazil

I have the exact same issue

However, I can't even import the video using the SD card adapter since iPhone will also say it has no space.

iPhone has more than 400GB of free space:

2023-2-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

MRAD Posted at 2-7 10:40
I'm having the same issue.  Plenty of space on my iPhone.  Mini 3 Pro.  

DJI -  you have 29 days to fix this (or less), otherwise, I'm going to return this to the retailer.  This is VERY BASIC functionality and from the notes, it's taken well over a month to fix.  DJI has bigger issues than this if they can't fix this very basic thing.

Hi, MRAD. Apologies for the inconvenience caused. Our related team is working to resolve this concern. Alternatively, you may try the suggestions posted by DJI Natalia in post #64. Your understanding is appreciated. Have a nice day.
2023-2-7
Use props
djiuser_ftvE5DUC0zJi
lvl.2
United Kingdom

So fustrating, seems to have gone worse, taking forever to download to DJI fly app and third party apps. Quick transfer not working, even when it gets transferred via SD Card reader to iPhone, still taking forever to upload to 3rd party editing apps
48FE6394-7E21-4CFF-A372-A9CB7ADB60D0.jpeg
2023-2-11
Use props
djiuser_ftvE5DUC0zJi
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Any update on when this issue will be resolved?
2023-2-20
Use props
tranzlator
New

United States

I updated my Ios to the current release, device firmware and the DJI app update from the app store and the error went away for me.
2023-2-21
Use props
djiuser_ftvE5DUC0zJi
lvl.2
United Kingdom

tranzlator Posted at 2-21 06:14
I updated my Ios to the current release, device firmware and the DJI app update from the app store and the error went away for me.
Thanks, I'll try it......
Tried it after app update and it works
2023-2-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

rrlevy Posted at 2-7 12:36
I have the exact same issue

However, I can't even import the video using the SD card adapter since iPhone will also say it has no space.

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. Kindly please update your DJI Fly app to v1.9.4 as we have improved the determination method of remaining space. Please update the app to the latest version. If you are still having issues, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-3-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

AroldoPC Posted at 1-24 03:16
I have a Mini 3 Pro and plenty of storage on my iPhone and I can't download videos using the DJI Fly App. When are you releasing the fix?

Kindly please update your DJI Fly app to v1.9.4 as we have improved the determination method of remaining space. Please update the app to the latest version. If you are still having issues, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2023-3-4
Use props
djiuser_3A4ySMz0FRtD
New

United Kingdom

Just had first flight DJI Mini 3 pro. iPhone 14 pro max with 60gb free. Came up with same error message. Video file was 2gb something not right.
2023-4-21
Use props
djiuser_3A4ySMz0FRtD
New

United Kingdom

All my software/firmware up to date.
2023-4-21
Use props
djiuser_o7ttIVKIyXel
New

United Kingdom

I get the same error on downloading 2.4GB file with 60GB free space.
All software/firmware updated.
Seems to have been going on for a while, any closer to a resolution support?
Mini 3 pro

Update - just cleared app cache and I have been able to download the video
2023-5-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_o7ttIVKIyXel Posted at 5-21 03:12
I get the same error on downloading 2.4GB file with 60GB free space.
All software/firmware updated.
Seems to have been going on for a while, any closer to a resolution support?

Hi there. Thanks for the update. Glad to know it's been resolved. Please reach us back here should you have further concerns.
2023-5-21
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules