Remote Malfunction - Screen has red lines and freezes
2004 14 2022-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd3bc7e33
lvl.1

United States

I have a DJI Mavic 3 Cine. It is almost 1 year old. Been flying for a year without any issues at all.  I flew it briefly a few weeks ago - it began to snow and my remote screen got red lines thru it. I immediately landed and went inside. I went out yesterday 35 degrees, flew up and away 50 yards and started getting REMOTE MALFUNCTION error at the top of my screen. Screen froze with red lines, then went black and white - my drone continues to fly, but I can't see it on the remote - nor can I take a photo. SEE ATTACHED PHOTOS.
So I landed. Put in new fresh battery, took off - had the same issue.
It flies for a few yards just fine, then red lines show up on my screen, the screen freezes and goes to a black and white picture. Then it comes back up again.
Anyone else had this happen? How do I fix it? Thanks in advance.

mavic-3-error-1.jpg
mavic-3-error-2.jpg
2022-12-27
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Open a repair case with DJI, it should still be under warranty.
2022-12-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we're very sorry you are going through this issue. May we know if the original recorded videos or photos are corrupted or have red lines too, or this only shows on the remote controller's screen? Here are some recommended troubleshooting steps you may try:
1. If the videos and pictures are corrupted, reset the Camera Parameter Settings.
2. Refresh the firmware of the drone and the remote controller using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series).
3. If the videos are not corrupted, reset the DJI RC Pro to its Factory Settings. Go to Settings>System>Reset options>Erase all data (factory reset).
4. Ensure that you are flying within the allowed operating temperature.
The Mavic 3 (Cine) and DJI RC Pro should be operated at a temperature between -10° to 40° C (14° to 104° F).
We hope to hear an update from you soon. We appreciate your cooperation on this. Have a nice day.
2022-12-27
Use props
fansd3bc7e33
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-27 20:07
Hi there. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we're very sorry you are going through this issue. May we know if the original recorded videos or photos are corrupted or have red lines too, or this only shows on the remote controller's screen? Here are some recommended troubleshooting steps you may try:
1. If the videos and pictures are corrupted, reset the Camera Parameter Settings.
2. Refresh the firmware of the drone and the remote controller using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series).

DJI Tony,
thank you for your 4 points. I went thru each one and completed them.
Tested the drone/remote - it is working perfectly again!
thank you sooo much!
2022-12-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fansd3bc7e33 Posted at 12-28 13:38
DJI Tony,
thank you for your 4 points. I went thru each one and completed them.

We're glad to be of assistance. It's very pleasing to read that the issue has been rectified. We hope that you don't encounter such problems in the future. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day.
2022-12-29
Use props
dannydoidoi
lvl.2

Romania

fansd3bc7e33 Posted at 2022-12-28 13:38
DJI Tony,
thank you for your 4 points. I went thru each one and completed them.

Hello fansd3bc7e33
I have a new Mavic 3 with the same issue at first flight
Can you please tell me if the issue was from the cold weather or it was a tehnical glitch?
Did you fly it in cold weather since the software refresh?
I have the same issue today and i did what DJI Tony said
but its still cold here and if the issue will persist i dont know if i should send it back
or if its from cold and i should keep it  
2023-1-31
Use props
fansd3bc7e33
lvl.1

United States

Howdy - after running all checks and refreshes - still had issue.
Sent it in for repair - they had to replace it. drone/Camera unit.
2023-1-31
Use props
dannydoidoi
lvl.2

Romania

fansd3bc7e33 Posted at 1-31 13:06
Howdy - after running all checks and refreshes - still had issue.
Sent it in for repair - they had to replace it. drone/Camera unit.

Thank you very much!
2023-1-31
Use props
Facundo Morazzani
lvl.1

Argentina

Hi! Same problem w/ Mavic 3 pro. 4 weeks old. Going to try those steps. I got a "camera malfunction, go with dji support" mesage while flying and the same red lines. I am scared bc the drene is practically new
2023-5-30
Use props
fansd3bc7e33
lvl.1

United States

I ended up sending it for repair - they replaced the entire drone. My remote was the original. No problems with the new unit.
2023-5-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Facundo Morazzani Posted at 5-30 08:02
Hi! Same problem w/ Mavic 3 pro. 4 weeks old. Going to try those steps. I got a "camera malfunction, go with dji support" mesage while flying and the same red lines. I am scared bc the drene is practically new

Hi, Facundo Morazzani. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the trouble caused. Can you post a screenshot of the error message for confirmation? Thank you.
2023-5-31
Use props
Facundo Morazzani
lvl.1

Argentina

DJI Tony Posted at 5-31 00:11
Hi, Facundo Morazzani. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the trouble caused. Can you post a screenshot of the error message for confirmation? Thank you.

Hi, sorry, but i didnt took a screenshot when it happened, next time will try it.
Now, 2 weeks later, i still have the issue. Sometimes only few frames, other ones the signal is completely lost and need to bring back the drone to me visually. At first, the lines did not appeared in the recordings, but now they are appearing like this:
2023-6-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Facundo Morazzani Posted at 6-16 07:20
Hi, sorry, but i didnt took a screenshot when it happened, next time will try it.
Now, 2 weeks later, i still have the issue. Sometimes only few frames, other ones the signal is completely lost and need to bring back the drone to me visually. At first, the lines did not appeared in the recordings, but now they are appearing like this: [view_image]

Thanks for the update. We're afraid you may have to consider sending the drone for a proper diagnosis. Warranty service will be applied depending on the damage assessment result and the warranty status of the drone. Kindly contact Customer Support at (support.dji.com) for assistance with the process. We appreciate your understanding.
2023-6-17
Use props
Facumora
lvl.1

Argentina

DJI Tony Posted at 6-17 07:25
Thanks for the update. We're afraid you may have to consider sending the drone for a proper diagnosis. Warranty service will be applied depending on the damage assessment result and the warranty status of the drone. Kindly contact Customer Support at (support.dji.com) for assistance with the process. We appreciate your understanding.

Oh, Thanks for your reply! I cant believe it, we just bought it 1 month ago and never fell or crashed with absolutely anything so i think this one is on you guys :/
2023-6-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Facumora Posted at 6-19 06:00
Oh, Thanks for your reply! I cant believe it, we just bought it 1 month ago and never fell or crashed with absolutely anything  so i think this one is on you guys :/

We're sorry about that. Warranty service will be applied for non-pilot errors. We hope the process goes smoothly for you.
2023-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules