Cold air operation
554 0 2022-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stresquire
lvl.1
Flight distance : 200696 ft
United States

I use the original Mavic air  and it's several years old but it's a great drone. I flew it yesterday for the first time in some very cold weather. After almost losing the drone twice I now  realize how important it is to observe temperature conditions before flying. My question is this, if the battery is warm at the start of the flight, then during the course of the flight the battery will generate enough heat  to sustain proper flight?  What happens if at launch the battery is warm enough but conditions are cold and the battery will then lose temperature midway through the flight? I guess what I want clarified is if I do not get a low temperature battery warning at the time of launching the flight, is it safe to continue the flight? Because yesterday I had a low battery temperature warning before I took off. I ignored it, and as soon as the drone took off it had a forced crash Landing, due to the lack of power. But the same thing happened on my second flight, but it seemed like after the drone was airborne for a couple of minutes it was able to function normally because I think of the internal heat that must've been generated. So my thinking would be to make sure the battery was warm at the time of launch and then after the drone flies for a minute or two it will be able to sustain enough heat for a normal flight. Those of you with more experience does this sound logical or am I better off not even attempting to fly under these conditions? I believe the temperatures yesterday were in the low teens at the time of the flight. As I said, one flight was successful once the drone seems to have warmed up, but the other flight was near disaster lol.
2022-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules