Dji fly report
4598 34 2022-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
primeshooter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1433114 ft
United Kingdom

What is this dji fly report I just got an email about. I clicked it but it did not really explain it.
2022-12-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I get a message in an app, meant to post the same question lol.
2022-12-28
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Agree curiosity has us all wondering. Guess we won't know until 7 more days...
2022-12-28
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Probably just trying to imitate AirData with "here are your flight stats from 2022".
2022-12-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 12-28 06:49
Probably just trying to imitate AirData with "here are your flight stats from 2022".

That will be interesting, in my case and if it shows any appreciable distance, I would ask how are they getting the info?  I have only synced a few flights, hence my 15,515ft lol.
2022-12-28
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

It'll only be off sync'd flights.
2022-12-28
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I removed a load of flights from record, i had a sneaking suspicion a certain member was gonna try to dob me in...
2022-12-28
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 12-28 07:43
I removed a load of flights from record, i had a sneaking suspicion a certain member was gonna try to dob me in...

Wait, people can see your flight data on this forum? How? Can you lock it?
2022-12-28
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Looks on the left under the name and level.  Shows what drones you have AND flight distance logged.
(and that might be a GDPR violation!)
2022-12-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

primeshooter Posted at 12-28 07:47
Wait, people can see your flight data on this forum? How? Can you lock it?

As far as I can see all that ANYONE can see is the total distance covered by the synced flights and supposedly a list of the DJI equipment that you have activated. But I question the latter since I did not activate two of the drones that show under my name.
I can't even see anything more than that for my own stuff let alone anyone else's stuff.
2022-12-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 12-28 07:43

Bashy, if you mean you deleted or moved logs from your phone then that does nothing for the distance shown against your name. There are no logs stored on my phones and my 'flown distance' remains minuscule and, I think, constant.
I do not sync and NOT syncing appears to be the only way to stop the total distance from increasing.
2022-12-28
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Yeh but why did bashy delete. If it shows a distance it proves nothing about how legal your flight was?
2022-12-28
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-28 09:48
Bashy, if you mean you deleted or moved logs from your phone then that does nothing for the distance shown against your name. There are no logs stored on my phones and my 'flown distance' remains minuscule and, I think, constant.
I do not sync and NOT syncing appears to be the only way to stop the total distance from increasing.

I deleted them from record in my profile from the fly app, no sooner i did that, my distance on here dropped dramatically,  I'm talking many, hundreds of thousands wipe from the face of the earth, i cannot remember what i had but i deffo saw a massive reduction when i refreshed the page on here after doing the dirty.

Oh and i also deleted all cache and data too but that has nothing to do with flight distance on here though
2022-12-28
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

primeshooter Posted at 12-28 07:47
Wait, people can see your flight data on this forum? How? Can you lock it?

Dont sync that data to DJI and it wont up your flight distance.
2022-12-28
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

primeshooter Posted at 12-28 10:36
Yeh but why did bashy delete. If it shows a distance it proves nothing about how legal your flight was?

No, you're 100% correct, it does not, but, as i had a credible feeling in the pit of my stomach, so i needed to remove any flight over 400m from my DJI account and cleaned my devices also, that included a 7x pass DOD wipe, the records mean nothing to me anyway and certainly not the flight distance on here.
2022-12-28
Use props
ThatGuyDronesOn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 496148 ft
United States

So Spotify Wrapped for drones? I like it.  Curious to see what data they decide to include.
2022-12-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, primeshooter. Thank you for reaching out. You may refer to this post for reference. According to our engineers, the activity would be similar to the one posted on the link above.
Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day.
2022-12-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 12-28 17:37
I deleted them from record in my profile from the fly app, no sooner i did that, my distance on here dropped dramatically,  I'm talking many, hundreds of thousands wipe from the face of the earth, i cannot remember what i had but i deffo saw a massive reduction when i refreshed the page on here after doing the dirty.

Oh and i also deleted all cache and data too but that has nothing to do with flight distance on here though

Hmmm, I will have to check my tablets to see if there are any logs left on those and delete any I find...... because that is not the behaviour I see.
I wonder if it applies to only logs that have been synced and then removed? ...... but I thought the next sync would restore those deleted logs from the DJI backup ??
2022-12-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RobZilla Posted at 12-28 06:38
Agree curiosity has us all wondering. Guess we won't know until 7 more days...

They did it last year Rob its an animated selection of facts based on your flight distance, number of flights,  number of cities flown in etc.  
2022-12-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its an animated selection of facts about your flights in 2022,  it will show things like total number of take offs,  total cities flown,  max distance, max height,  how many trips to the moon if you flew a lot.  
2022-12-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here's some examples from last years report.

2022-12-29
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 12-28 17:50
No, you're 100% correct, it does not, but, as i had a credible feeling in the pit of my stomach, so i needed to remove any flight over 400m from my DJI account and cleaned my devices also, that included a 7x pass DOD wipe, the records mean nothing to me anyway and certainly not the flight distance on here.

Ok so if it only proves you've flown a lot and not your actual legality of each flight why so twitchy over it? Just trying to understand your meaning here. How could someone "grass you in" with the only knowledge being you've flown 'x' distance.
2022-12-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

primeshooter Posted at 12-29 03:24
Ok so if it only proves you've flown a lot and not your actual legality of each flight why so twitchy over it? Just trying to understand your meaning here. How could someone "grass you in" with the only knowledge being you've flown 'x' distance.

Some of the stats show max distance and max height so I wouldn't share those if they were >120m high or 500m distance.
2022-12-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ThatGuyDronesOn Posted at 12-28 18:04
So Spotify Wrapped for drones? I like it.  Curious to see what data they decide to include.

There's some examples from last years reprort posted here to give you an idea = https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 085&pid=2939880
2022-12-29
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Ultimately any data you synch'd is on a server in China so even deleting it may well not actually delete it.
2022-12-29
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-29 04:11
Some of the stats show max distance and max height so I wouldn't share those if they were >120m high or 500m distance.

Shared stats...but nothing here for example shows how far I've flown as far as I can see or height. Different matter if I upload a flight log though right?
2022-12-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

primeshooter Posted at 12-29 07:11
Shared stats...but nothing here for example shows how far I've flown as far as I can see or height. Different matter if I upload a flight log though right?

No.  I left out those screens out.  This is just some of them as an example.  
2022-12-29
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 12-29 05:30
Ultimately any data you synch'd is on a server in China so even deleting it may well not actually delete it.

As per our data protection act, they have to if they want to operate within the UK. They would have nothing to gain by keeping it though...
2022-12-29
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

primeshooter Posted at 12-29 03:24
Ok so if it only proves you've flown a lot and not your actual legality of each flight why so twitchy over it? Just trying to understand your meaning here. How could someone "grass you in" with the only knowledge being you've flown 'x' distance.

Because the actual distances per flight are right there in your account under the profile in the fly app, it was those that i deleted and thats when my total dropped 10 fold
2022-12-29
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

primeshooter Posted at 12-29 07:11

No, not to the gen public but if the feds wanted access to my account due to whatever reason, then for me, there's nothing to see here, move along  ;)
Could you say the same if they had access to your Fly app? ps, you would have to give access too if they have probable cause, so ya might as well cause they would just go over your head anyway and get access from DJI UK.

This is why as soon as that certain member started giving me the wlLLies, i thought it in my best interest to clean house. Having said that, the person in question is a darn hypocrite anyway, as they were asking on here about getting access to the FCC app for iPhone themselves, ha ha ha. Some people.

Anyway, this is why my flight distance no longer means squat on here or any fandoogly report then send out.
2022-12-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It's just a bit of fun.
And DJI exposure
2022-12-30
Use props
fanse60f4748
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8184049 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJi have done it before.  They give you data like what percentage you are in the world for flight time ! I was in top 2% which I felt chuffed about and used on social media to promote my business.  So it has its uses.  
2023-1-3
Use props
fanse60f4748
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8184049 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2022-12-30 05:15
It's just a bit of fun.
And DJI exposure

...and potential exposure for yourself and can be used to promote your drone business if you are a pro.
2023-1-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

fanse60f4748 Posted at 1-3 02:39
...and potential exposure for yourself and can be used to promote your drone business if you are a pro.

I never looked at it this way. But I'm just a hobby flyer.
2023-1-3
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 2022-12-29 07:37
Because the actual distances per flight are right there in your account under the profile in the fly app, it was those that i deleted and thats when my total dropped 10 fold

Okay I am begining to understand. But, Devil's Advocate again - so you say in the account it details the distances per flight. Still not proof you flew say 5KM out from your home point, You could have flown in 400 circles, back and forward to clock up the distance etc...Do you see what I mean?
2023-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules