"Lubricant" getting out
1417 15 2022-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

Hi there,

Does anyone had this similar thing going out of the Gimbal?

It looks like lubricant or something, I cleaned the first time, but it solved for a short period of time.
The camera works normal, only once the camera didn't record any sound, but I don't believe it has anything to do with this.

Should I send it for warranty? It will end at April 2023

Thank you

20221228_180036.jpg 20221228_180007.jpg

2022-12-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. In order to keep the gimbal rotating smoothly, lubricating grease is added to the gimbal motor. Based on your feedback, it may be that some of the lubricating greases leaked out during transportation or storage. Don't worry, as the lubricating grease is non-toxic and harmless, and it will not affect your health or product performance. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-12-28
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-28 19:29
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. In order to keep the gimbal rotating smoothly, lubricating grease is added to the gimbal motor. Based on your feedback, it may be that some of the lubricating greases leaked out during transportation or storage. Don't worry, as the lubricating grease is non-toxic and harmless, and it will not affect your health or product performance. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thank you for the reply and for giving some peace of mind. But there's no possibility to loose all the lubricant inside if it continues to get out?

Thank you for your help.
2022-12-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

To my best knowledge my P2 does not do this.
2022-12-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, that's a bit odd.  My Pocket 2 shows no sign of lubricant leaking.  Surely that's not normal.
2022-12-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Ricardo Vieira Posted at 12-29 07:40
Thank you for the reply and for giving some peace of mind. But there's no possibility to loose all the lubricant inside if it continues to get out?

Thank you for your help.

In order to ensure your user experience, you can send the product back for diagnostics. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2022-12-31
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

Montfrooij Posted at 12-30 05:14
To my best knowledge my P2 does not do this.

Thank you. That way I know it's not normal.
2022-12-31
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-30 07:54
Yeah, that's a bit odd.  My Pocket 2 shows no sign of lubricant leaking.  Surely that's not normal.

I thought the same, not being normal. Thank you.
2022-12-31
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-31 03:18
In order to ensure your user experience, you can send the product back for diagnostics. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for your kind and understanding.

I prefer leaving to the seller, that way I don't have to pay postage, I have a few months of warranty and 3 more years of ensurance... Thank you anyway.
2022-12-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Ricardo Vieira Posted at 12-31 05:28
I thought the same, not being normal. Thank you.

If it was mine I'd be taking it back to preclude any possible future problems.  Just saying.

Happy New Year!
2022-12-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ricardo Vieira Posted at 2022-12-31 05:27
Thank you. That way I know it's not normal.

You're welcome!
2023-1-1
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

DowntownRDB Posted at 2022-12-31 07:20
If it was mine I'd be taking it back to preclude any possible future problems.  Just saying.

Happy New Year!

Thank you. Happy New Year to you too
2023-1-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Ricardo Vieira Posted at 1-1 22:14
Thank you. Happy New Year to you too

You're very welcome Ricardo.  Thanks for the well wishes.  
2023-1-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Ricardo Vieira Posted at 2022-12-31 05:30
I prefer leaving to the seller, that way I don't have to pay postage, I have a few months of warranty and 3 more years of ensurance... Thank you anyway.

We totally understand your decision, Ricardo. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-1-5
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-5 04:18
We totally understand your decision, Ricardo. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.

Thank you for your help.
2023-1-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Ricardo Vieira Posted at 1-5 10:05
Thank you for your help.

You are most welcome. Thank you again for your kind and understanding. Have a nice day ahead, Ricardo.
2023-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules