ADS-B not working using RC controller
1274 8 2022-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_3VNVog4RClkL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111102 ft
United States

DJI, this has been a known issue for months. Why does the flagship $3,000 drone not have functioning ADS-B notifications when using the new RC controller? Seriously? Has anyone found any fix on this?
2022-12-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We are sorry you are going through this issue. May we confirm if the aircraft position reported in the app is not accurate? Or if there is no prompt given on the DJI Fly app at all when a manned aircraft flies? If there is no prompt showing, please note the following possible reasons why it doesn't show:
1. The aircraft with an ADS-B function only receives the flight information broadcasted by the manned aircraft with an ADS-B transmitter. For manned aircraft not mounted with an ADS-B transmitter or for manned aircraft that have been mounted with an ADS-B transmitter but the transmitter fails, the system cannot receive the broadcast information or send you an alert.
2. The ADS-B receiver needs to use the wireless frequency band to receive flight information. If there is any obstruction, wireless interference, or environmental change between the aircraft and the manned aircraft, the system may not continuously receive the broadcast information so as not to timely send you an alert using the app.
3. The aircraft cannot obtain its effective position due to weather, environment, and other objective factors, and therefore cannot send effective warning information.
4. The ADS-B function does not work or is disabled on the aircraft, which cannot receive the broadcast information sent from the manned aircraft.
5. The signals sent from the manned aircraft are not within the receiving range of the aircraft.
Please keep us updated. Have a nice day.
2022-12-29
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

I use DJI RC with the Mavic 3 and ADS-B works perfect. I do not know why Yours does not. Try to refresh firmware.
2022-12-29
Use props
djiuser_3VNVog4RClkL
lvl.1
United States

Niknik Posted at 12-29 03:45
I use DJI RC with the Mavic 3 and ADS-B works perfect. I do not know why Yours does not. Try to refresh firmware.

The RC or RC-N1?

I’ve yet to find anyone whose ADS-B is working on the new RC controller.

How do you reset the firmware?
2022-12-29
Use props
djiuser_3VNVog4RClkL
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-29 00:26
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We are sorry you are going through this issue. May we confirm if the aircraft position reported in the app is not accurate? Or if there is no prompt given on the DJI Fly app at all when a manned aircraft flies? If there is no prompt showing, please note the following possible reasons why it doesn't show:
1. The aircraft with an ADS-B function only receives the flight information broadcasted by the manned aircraft with an ADS-B transmitter. For manned aircraft not mounted with an ADS-B transmitter or for manned aircraft that have been mounted with an ADS-B transmitter but the transmitter fails, the system cannot receive the broadcast information or send you an alert.
2. The ADS-B receiver needs to use the wireless frequency band to receive flight information. If there is any obstruction, wireless interference, or environmental change between the aircraft and the manned aircraft, the system may not continuously receive the broadcast information so as not to timely send you an alert using the app.

GPS is accurate I believe. But no notifications. I’ve flown other DJI drones in the exact area and constantly got ADS-B notifications. Something is off with the new RC controller and the drone. Many M3 owners have complained about this
2022-12-29
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

djiuser_3VNVog4RClkL Posted at 12-29 09:25
GPS is accurate I believe. But no notifications. I’ve flown other DJI drones in the exact area and constantly got ADS-B notifications. Something is off with the new RC controller and the drone. Many M3 owners have complained about this

First - is ADSB on in the safety tab/advanced section?
Second - when you open the Attitude indicator map, which sensitivity setting is ADSB?
2022-12-29
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I am on RC Pro that came with Mavic 3 Cine and Airsense seems to work just fine. I get alerts just fine.

Take care, Mike.
2022-12-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_3VNVog4RClkL Posted at 2022-12-29 09:25

Thank you for the confirmation. We have noticed that the AirSense prompt in previous versions was too sensitive. For example, when a civil aircraft flies by at 1 km above the drone, a prompt will be given. As such, to ensure safety, we adjusted the AirSense function in v01.00.05.00. Please rest assured when you use your product. If you need to confirm whether the AirSense function is normal, please go to the app’s Map, tap the aircraft icon to adjust the level of potential collision risks as required.
2023-1-2
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mzp Posted at 2022-12-29 11:00
I am on RC Pro that came with Mavic 3 Cine and Airsense seems to work just fine. I get alerts just fine.

Take care, Mike.

Ditto, as mine reports nearby aircraft normally.
2023-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules