Can't fly above 5 m
3275 14 2022-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RodrigoAsd
lvl.1
Chile

I am using a mavic mini 2 and I need to use the drone inside a warehouse where there is no gps available.
The dji fly app won't let me fly above 5 mts because of this.

I taped the sensors below to try to circumvent this, but the drone started to drift around too much to control safely.

Does anyone know of a way to disable the 5 m limit?

If not, is there another drone that doesn't have this limitation?

2022-12-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That I know of there is no way to disable the 5m limit unless you want to fly in ATTI mode (after you have disabled the VPS sensors) and you say you do not like that. You need to go through the manuals of candidate drones to see how they respond to no GPS and the height limit they impose but the Mavic 2 pro/zoom also have a 5m limit.
2022-12-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. If the aircraft was taking off in an environment with poor GPS signals (where the number of satellites searched does not reach the minimum requirements for the aircraft to hover), it is normal that the flight altitude will be restricted. We strongly recommend flying the aircraft in an environment with a strong GPS signal to avoid issues. If you want to fly indoors, please fly with caution. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your understanding nad support.
2022-12-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can you get near the roof of the warehouse and take off from there,   it wont restrict how low you can go.
2022-12-29
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Go outside the warehouse, let the drone get a GPS lock so it knows where it is in the world.

Take the drone indoors and you should be good. Never had a 5m limit before. I wouldn't suggest taping up the VPS or you'll have no end of issues.
2022-12-29
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Try this:
https://www.researchgate.net/pub ... GPS_spoofing_by_SDR
2022-12-29
Use props
RodrigoAsd
lvl.1
Chile

Before looking to buy another drone, first I will try to take off with the drone outside and then fly it into the warehouse, also I will try taking off from a higher surface.
I didn't expect these many replies. You guys are so helpful
2022-12-29
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RodrigoAsd Posted at 12-29 13:13
Before looking to buy another drone, first I will try to take off with the drone outside and then fly it into the warehouse, also I will try taking off from a higher surface.
I didn't expect these many replies. You guys are so helpful

You don't need to fly it outside and then fly the drone into the building, just let it get a home point outside and then carry it inside and take off as normal.
2022-12-29
Use props
RodrigoAsd
lvl.1
Chile

Johnny_J Posted at 12-29 09:14
Try this:
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/286330869_Low-cost_GPS_simulator_-_GPS_spoofing_by_SDR

It looks too complicated, I just started using drones and I can’t comprehend this.
Thanks anyway
2022-12-29
Use props
RodrigoAsd
lvl.1
Chile

CloudVisual Posted at 2022-12-29 13:16
You don't need to fly it outside and then fly the drone into the building, just let it get a home point outside and then carry it inside and take off as normal.

The method of CloudVisual worked.

Fly the drone outside for a couple of seconds and it will automatically set a new home point.
Then land and without shutting down the drone, carry it inside and fly it again and it will "remember" the previous gps location and there will be no height restriction.

Thank you. Now I will be able to get a job!
2023-1-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CloudVisual Posted at 2022-12-29 13:16

Oooo I might have inadvertently done this myself, I'd been flying out side and flew inside and up stairs, I'll have to check the heights in the log.  The flight only stuck in my mind because the reported distance was daft, the GPS was wonky at the start of the flight so the drone suddenly 'leapt' an big distance as it got a GPS lock.
2023-1-1
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RodrigoAsd Posted at 1-1 12:05
The method of CloudVisual worked.

Fly the drone outside for a couple of seconds and it will automatically set a new home point.

Glad it worked. You should be able to turn the drone off and it'll work again on the next power up, you shouldn't have to go outside again.

Purely the drone needing to know where it is in the world. People used to block the GPS to fly in restricted areas so that's why it restricts the altitude.
2023-1-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

. . . . . . . .
2023-1-1
Use props
RodrigoAsd
lvl.1
Chile

CloudVisual Posted at 1-1 14:05
Glad it worked. You should be able to turn the drone off and it'll work again on the next power up, you shouldn't have to go outside again.

Purely the drone needing to know where it is in the world. People used to block the GPS to fly in restricted areas so that's why it restricts the altitude.

Actually I have to go outside and do it over again if I shut down the drone.

I don't know how to fix that yet.
2023-1-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

RodrigoAsd Posted at 1-1 20:14
Actually I have to go outside and do it over again if I shut down the drone.

I don't know how to fix that yet.

You can't.
Every time the drone starts up it's resets its zero height.
2023-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules