air 2 loosing power on auto take off hand launch
520 13 2022-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_YQmZ6Kfu6Nem
lvl.3
Flight distance : 708307 ft

Philippines

today i encountered two attempts on haund launching take off using auto take off button and drone have no pulling power to take off my grip, hence i aborted grip release for two attempts. however when i tried manual take off from the ground theres no problem and flawless on throttle up. im not sure what cause the trouble.

ps: i do hand launching all the time

i am wondering if telemetry issue wrong reporting of the position or imu problem or sensor problem could result to low power upon auto take off

advance thanks for any inputs

h

2022-12-29
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
France

Do not takeoff using the automatic mode. Do the CSC command on your controller to turn on the motors manually, then push the left stick up (assuming you're in Mode 2, default), when you feeel that the drone lifts up, let it go.
2022-12-29
Use props
djiuser_YQmZ6Kfu6Nem
lvl.3

Philippines

Yaros1 Posted at 2022-12-29 06:56
Do not takeoff using the automatic mode. Do the CSC command on your controller to turn on the motors manually, then push the left stick up (assuming you're in Mode 2, default), when you feeel that the drone lifts up, let it go.

hi yaros. ive been taking off auto mode on hand launch all the time. this was the only time it behaved this way, loosing power on hand take off. but i was able to fix it by updating the firmware lately. it is now working fine. i dont do manual controls on a hand launch. please tell me, is it non advisable to use auto take off botton on a hand launch?
2023-1-11
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Spain

djiuser_YQmZ6Kfu6Nem Posted at 1-11 07:31
hi yaros. ive been taking off auto mode on hand launch all the time. this was the only time it behaved this way, loosing power on hand take off. but i was able to fix it by updating the firmware lately. it is now working fine. i dont do manual controls on a hand launch. please tell me, is it non advisable to use auto take off botton on a hand launch?

There is no problem using auto takeoff with the hand launch.
Me personally, I prefer the manual way because with auto launch sometimes it doesn't spin the motors quite as fast when it takes off, and if I don't release it at the right moment, the motors slow down again.

But if it works for you, then it's fine
2023-1-11
Use props
djiuser_YQmZ6Kfu6Nem
lvl.3

Philippines

Yaros1 Posted at 1-11 15:31
There is no problem using auto takeoff with the hand launch.
Me personally, I prefer the manual way because with auto launch sometimes it doesn't spin the motors quite as fast when it takes off, and if I don't release it at the right moment, the motors slow down again.

oh yes, youre right if not released at the right moment it tends to slow down like loosing pulling power. oh i have a question. is there no rollback for firmware on higher versions on mini 2 yet? my mini 2 got grounded after an auto firmware update. lots of incompatible module errors poping up after the update
2023-1-31
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Spain

djiuser_YQmZ6Kfu6Nem Posted at 1-31 06:27
oh yes, youre right if not released at the right moment it tends to slow down like loosing pulling power. oh i have a question. is there no rollback for firmware on higher versions on mini 2 yet? my mini 2 got grounded after an auto firmware update. lots of incompatible module errors poping up after the update

I don't own a Mini 2 and can't tell you for sure. However, I might have an idea on how to solve those incompatible module errors.

Download DJI Assistant for Consumer Drones here and plug in your drone to your PC using a USB cable, turn it on, and make sure you are on the latest firmware, if not then update, repeat the same but changing the batteries in the drone, all of them have to have the latest firmware. Then plug in your controller to your PC, using a USB cable, but plugging in the Type C part of the cable to the bottom port of the controller, the one used for charging, not the top one. Then go into the same software (DJI Assistant) and update the firmware if possible.
2023-1-31
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

After starting the motors with the CSC I can get a hand held Mavic Mini or Mini 2 to 'hover' out of my hand, all that is needed is to move your hand ( and the drone ) enough that the drone realises it is moving. It will then rev its motors and if it feels correct lowering that hand leaves the drone airborne.
Unfortunately ''feels correct'' is subjective.

2023-1-31
Use props
djiuser_YQmZ6Kfu6Nem
lvl.3

Philippines

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-31 08:35
After starting the motors with the CSC I can get a hand held Mavic Mini or Mini 2 to 'hover' out of my hand, all that is needed is to move your hand ( and the drone ) enough that the drone realises it is moving. It will then rev its motors and if it feels correct lowering that hand leaves the drone airborne.
Unfortunately ''feels correct'' is subjective.

i agree with you sean on the csc, just happen to encounter loosing power with no hard grip before release, the new firmware update must have fixed it but it was air2 drone. sean. have you came accross information about fixing that trouble in downgrading from latest mini 2 firmware? ive read all over people encountering errors after updating to latest mini 2 firmware version 1.06.02 results to drone grounding. and dji locked that area for recovery (non rollback to previous version). peps say its strict compliance on 15m RTH (geofencing) and unaccessibily through DH. looking for phython exploit to fix this. im okay with geofencing and rules and regulation. just not okay when updating to latest firmware and all modules begin freaking out resulting to incompatibility issues. dji assistant 2 is still dependent on the latest firmware update with no rollback option for the mini 2   
2023-1-31
Use props
djiuser_YQmZ6Kfu6Nem
lvl.3

Philippines

Yaros1 Posted at 1-31 06:57
I don't own a Mini 2 and can't tell you for sure. However, I might have an idea on how to solve those incompatible module errors.

Download DJI Assistant for Consumer Drones here and plug in your drone to your PC using a USB cable, turn it on, and make sure you are on the latest firmware, if not then update, repeat the same but changing the batteries in the drone, all of them have to have the latest firmware. Then plug in your controller to your PC, using a USB cable, but plugging in the Type C part of the cable to the bottom port of the controller, the one used for charging, not the top one. Then go into the same software (DJI Assistant) and update the firmware if possible.

thank you yaros. i already have this and theres no rollback as ive read the latest firmwares for the mini 2 are no longer available for rollback. the latest firmware has rendered incompatile all the modules. searching for latest 2023 knowledge base on how to hack this or worse wait until another firmware update is released for mini 2. i have no geofencing limits f thats the reason for latest updates, i can follow by the rules. the problem is bugs may have cause the grounding of my drone

2023-1-31
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry can't help with the firmware, as a rule I do not normally update firmware once I have a version that works for me. Too many problems appear for my tastes.

Re reference to the mini 2 etc., sorry I saw you mention the mini 2 and didn't look at the title.

2023-1-31
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Spain

djiuser_YQmZ6Kfu6Nem Posted at 1-31 16:37
thank you yaros. i already have this and theres no rollback as ive read the latest firmwares for the mini 2 are no longer available for rollback. the latest firmware has rendered incompatile all the modules. searching for latest 2023 knowledge base on how to hack this or worse wait until another firmware update is released for mini 2. i have no geofencing limits f thats the reason for latest updates, i can follow by the rules. the problem is bugs may have cause the grounding of my drone

Yeah, DJI are absolutely horrible when it comes to software and firmware stability.
They messed up the Air 2, Air 2S and now the Mini 2. Hopefully they resolve this soon!
They also increased the anti-rollback counter, so downgrading isn't an option here, unfortunately.
2023-1-31
Use props
djiuser_YQmZ6Kfu6Nem
lvl.3

Philippines

Yaros1 Posted at 1-31 17:08
Yeah, DJI are absolutely horrible when it comes to software and firmware stability.
They messed up the Air 2, Air 2S and now the Mini 2. Hopefully they resolve this soon!
They also increased the anti-rollback counter, so downgrading isn't an option here, unfortunately.

i actually have a mini 1 too that is also no longer accessible via the micro usb and has disconnected from the controller. imagine not having access to the micro usb inorder to hack the drone? the bad firmware update has padlocked the main door, no way to get inside. but theres no window or other way to access the board. my case of this mini 1 is junk. i dont know the solution for this probably replace entire coreboard instead. however the mini2 is still accessible via the usb drive so there is still a door but a secondary security door is padlocked. not until a new security guard(firmware) comes in and open the secondary door for me. lol! hopefully dji will release another firmware that can reinstate the modules back to active state. i dont care about the geofence. all i want if for this baby to get back on air. its true, no more firmware upgrades to happen. it sucks!
2023-2-4
Use props
djiuser_YQmZ6Kfu6Nem
lvl.3

Philippines

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-31 16:54
Sorry can't help with the firmware, as a rule I do not normally update firmware once I have a version that works for me. Too many problems appear for my tastes.

Re reference to the mini 2 etc., sorry I saw you mention the mini 2 and didn't look at the title.

hello sean. hope dji doesnt create a mandatory no take off prior to firmware update stuff. because it will suck if the modules freak out. i encountered mandatory firmware update on the spark previously as it wont take of if firmware was not updated. lucky there was no bugs in the firmware
2023-2-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Switch wifi off on the screen device.
2023-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now