2972 11 2022-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jomoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56565 ft

Philippines

Hello there,
I updated my firmware and remote  in the latest firmware..when i test it always lossing connection..im using dual 5.8gz and when im switch to 2.4gz it become stable..is anyone experience this in latest update??tnx
2022-12-29
Use props
Lton85
lvl.3
Flight distance : 836752 ft
Brazil

Did you have any problems with losing signal after the update?
2022-12-29
Use props
Jomoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56565 ft

Philippines

Lton85 Posted at 12-29 10:45
Did you have any problems with losing signal after the update?

Yes,im try all app version but still the same result when im switch to dual 5.8gz..
2022-12-29
Use props
Lton85
lvl.3
Flight distance : 836752 ft
Brazil

Jomoto Posted at 12-29 12:52
Yes,im try all app version but still the same result when im switch to dual 5.8gz..

my problem seems to be worse! if for a few seconds I hover in the air with the aircraft, when starting a video recording, the drone immediately loses connection!, in my opinion, there seems to be a heating problem!
Today I updated the RC firmware (v04.11.0200) but it didn't solve my problem! I'm quite upset about the situation

2022-12-29
Use props
GT2022
lvl.3
Australia

Does this video from Gavin assist? He suggests the update is fine although he does mention the Occusync from 2.4Ghz to 5Ghz does not work always. As one commenter to his video posted however, it may have something to do with poor RC signal strength at the point where he found this issue.
2022-12-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out, and apologies for any inconvenience caused. We recommend that you refresh the firmware of the drone and the remote controller through the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) and check whether the issue remains after. If you can record your test flight, it would be better. Kindly keep us posted. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-1-2
Use props
djiuser_KW1dHsjZ54Ti
lvl.1
Canada

Yesterday I flew everywhere, low and high altitude, close and up to 1.3km away, no problems with connection. Today I updated my drone and controller this morning and suddenly I can only use 2.4ghz too go far or close as the 5.8ghz loses signal within 3 feet of controller and drone. Update clearly messed something. Anywho the 2.4 works good but gets choppy now so I’d like my dual band back!

So far I’ve tried refreshing controller update and there is no previous update too downgrade of course and the refresh did not help , I’ve down graded the drone as it had previous update which also did not help. I’ve swapped all batteries in case batteries had an issue, I’ve recalibrated everything, I’ve used another controller to iPhone connection cord, I’ve tried three different phones.

Same location as all my 10 other flights and after this update I have unreliable flights with extreme rc signal loss. I get significantly less rc signal loss if on 2.4 and not dual band or 5.8.

Selection 5.8 acts exactly like dual band which leads me to imagine something in the update butchered the 5.8 ghz signal one way or another. Also read this from tons of other users throughout the years with different updates. Or dji is not fixing the issues from previous updates and now I’m stuck with this 2 week old unreliable 800$ trophy .

Again same location, same routine, same drone controller and phone, and 5.8 doesn’t work as of this mornings update to controller and drone
Also before dji says the same ..., no I don't have a protective cover on the phone. No there isn't a microwave running beside me outside, yes I've tried disabling and enabling my cell service location service Bluetooth and wifi with same results on or off even though I always leave them on before. The only different that was made is your update. Which by the way almost made me hit a tree when I first lost signal on 2.4ghz. It works but not great . I've even turned off all wifi router devices near me in my area with no other signals and it's the same
2023-1-3
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

DJI Tony Posted at 1-2 01:14
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out, and apologies for any inconvenience caused. We recommend that you refresh the firmware of the drone and the remote controller through the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) and check whether the issue remains after. If you can record your test flight, it would be better. Kindly keep us posted. Thank you, and have a nice day.

As always, DJI admins keep on "resolving" the problem by suggesting actions the users already have taken.  

If DJI Tony "administrator" (of what? kindergarten?) just could read the excellent troubleshooting that djiuser_KW1dHsjZ54Ti has done and then come back with a working solution. But no!
I suspect DJI Tony has no idea what a drone is and just keep copying and pasting useless advice to no avail!
2023-1-4
Use props
djiuser_WIgfh0aPGChH
New
Flight distance : 85135 ft
Malaysia

Same here ! I had a minor crash 3 days ago because I trusted DJI, updated the firmware and immediately fly because I wish to capture video footage of the fireworks during Lunar New Year - bad mistake !

Anyway, I managed to retrieve back the drone from the crash site and confirmed that the update had screwed up the transmission between rc and drone. When the drone is sitting in front of me even, I can't get full transmission signal. But when I switch to 2.4Ghz, it's full. I'm skeptical to fly long range now - thanks for screwing me and my birthday gift DJI
2023-1-25
Use props
djiuser_P3gAU6bmN28k
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3502592 ft

Brazil

I have the same problem. After the firmware upgrade I can't fly anymore
2023-1-26
Use props
djiuser_CKou3iOYwjCq
New

Malaysia

sadly, my drone crashed. the signal lost, no connection between rc and drone. i have just launched, and right away signal lost, flew sideway and hit a wall.

still, bad as it may be, it can still fly, thank god. after that, i switched manually to 2.4ghz, and no more connection issue. if i tried on 5.8 or dual band, doesnt matter 1, 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 feet, it's always no connection/choppy. so i have to make sure to change to 2.4 everytime i fly.

the hell dji?
2023-3-17
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

It seems as if quite a few people are having 5.8ghz problems after updating. Ideas put forward include, over heating causing 5.8ghz chipset burning out. Has Dji seen those comments and maybe reply, or investigate?
2023-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules