5844 26 2022-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cusglider
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4025801 ft
  • >>>
Germany

My quad uses crossfire and the O3 unit. The SBUS is not conneted,because of CRSF in use.

Neither the low power mode is turned off, nor the recording inside the unit and the goggles is turned on, when I arm the quad and start the flight.

I get all betaflight OSD data, however, not the voltage reading of the battery thru the DJI telemetry. Other DJI telemetry is there.

So I assume somehow the O3 unit does not understand the arm command from the flight controller and somehow the data exchange between the flight controller and the O3 unit has a problem.

Any solutions?

2022-12-29
Use props
trica de
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1062090 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I got exactly the same ! Therefore the drone does not auto record. If you found something let me know!

See my post here

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=282183&pid=2940755&utm_source=djiforum&utm_medium=forum&utm_campaign=emailnote&pbc=dapforum
2022-12-30
Use props
cusglider
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Sorry to hear this. I am in touch with DJI support. In their 1st answer they pointed their finger on the general overheating issue, however, this is not the case, as it occurs right after connecting the batteries in an cold outside environment. I will keep you posted on the findings.

For the moment it could be helpfull to understand if more pilots face this problem, who i.e. do not use the DJI Remote Controll.
2022-12-30
Use props
trica de
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

I was just outside and test it again - the dj menu shows 0volt! thats my problem why it does not automatic record !

by the way - schönen Freitag ^^ komme aus der nähe Frankfurt

2022-12-30
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

trica de Posted at 12-30 05:15
I was just outside and test it again - the dj menu shows 0volt! thats my problem why it does not automatic record !

by the way - schönen Freitag ^^ komme aus der nähe Frankfurt

It works for me using Crossfire.
2022-12-30
Use props
trica de
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

I Wonder if it has something to do with the msp config …. But betaflight osd is fine
2022-12-31
Use props
cusglider
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

trica de Posted at 12-31 00:14
I Wonder if it has something to do with the msp config …. But betaflight osd is fine

From what Mads Tech on youtube said, the O3 needs the "arm command" thru MSP protocoll to understand the drone will take off, to thereafter switch off low poer mode and turn on the recordings. Somehow this information does not come thru. DJI support wrote me they will come back within the next 3 days with answers.
2022-12-31
Use props
cusglider
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

trica de Posted at 12-31 00:14

From what Mads Tech on youtube said, the O3 needs the "arm command" thru MSP protocoll to understand the drone will take off, to thereafter switch off low poer mode and turn on the recordings. Somehow this information does not come thru. DJI support wrote me they will come back within the next 3 days with answers.
2022-12-31
Use props
cusglider
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

2022-12-31
Use props
trica de
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

cusglider Posted at 12-31 04:26
From what Mads Tech on youtube said, the O3 needs the "arm command" thru MSP protocoll to understand the drone will take off, to thereafter switch off low poer mode and turn on the recordings. Somehow this information does not come thru. DJI support wrote me they will come back within the next 3 days with answers.

okay - I tried installing the Betaflight Beta Firmware - same problem. I can see the OSD but the DJI OSD VOLT is still 0.
2022-12-31
Use props
cusglider
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Also according to the O3 documentation you only connect the RX and TX port on the FC and activate it in the Betaflight configurator. No more to it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Page 13 O3 manual reads:

Canvas Mode
Canvas Mode enables the flight controller to display OSD elements (such as battery voltage and flight
distance) on the screen of the goggles. Users can configure which OSD elements to display and where
to display the OSD elements on the screen using the Betaflight Configurator software.
Canvas Mode is compatible with Betaflight 4.3.0 and later.
1. Hardware Connection: connect the UART RX of the air unit to one of the UART TX serial ports (take
UART4 as an example) of the flight control board.
2. Configuring UART: open the Betaflight Configurator software and select Ports. Turn on the MSP
switch for the corresponding UART TX serial port (UART4) and set baud rate to 115200. Click Save
and Reboot.
3. Configuring CLI:
Select CLI from the Betaflight Configurator software and make the following configuration:
1) Set the osd_displayport_device to MSP:
set osd_displayport_device = MSP
2) Specify the MSP serial port number. The number here should be the MSP UART TX serial port
number minus 1. In this example, it should be 3.
set displayport_msp_serial = 3
3) Save and exit:
save
Canvas Mode initial setup is complete.
------------------------------------------------------------------
So my guess is that when you see the changing OSD values from Betaflight this setup is ok and there is no more setting you need to do. The rest should work automatically, as the manual says and with the 1st generation air unit/vista this was the case
2022-12-31
Use props
trica de
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

I fixed it now...... and I can confirm its working fine !
I simply connected TX to TX and RX to RX ....  now its RX to TX and TX to RX and I can see the Volt ;)
Happy days !
2022-12-31
Use props
cusglider
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

So you changed the soldering of the wire on the FC? Camera also recording now automatically?
2022-12-31
Use props
trica de
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

cusglider Posted at 12-31 05:28
So you changed the soldering of the wire on the FC? Camera also recording now automatically?

Yes - changed the 2 cables and now all is working ! Also Auto record
2022-12-31
Use props
cusglider
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

I will try also
2022-12-31
Use props
cusglider
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

I cannot confirm. After changing the wiring all Betaflight OSD was gone, a clear indication that MSP transmitted data do not reach the correct port on the FC. Also the DJI telemetry on the battery voltage was still 0 and the low power mode was not switched off.

Back to the beginning, changing the wires again, data returned but the rest was still not working as before.

There has to be a different reason than wiring.
2022-12-31
Use props
trica de
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Can you send the wire Diagramm and make pictures of your connections ?
2022-12-31
Use props
cusglider
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

The FC is a Matek F405-CTR, a bit old by now but very reliable. I fly it on several quads without a problem. The O3 is connected via TX3/RX3
2023-1-6
Use props
cusglider
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

DJI support informed me in a mail, a future update probably at the end of Jan should address the issue.

"According to the feedback from our engineer, for the arming signal and not switching off of low power mode issues, there will be a new firmware coming up this month(expected to be released at the end of this month) that fixes these issues. We would recommend you to wait until the new firmware of O3 unit so that you can update the firmware and test to see if the issues still exist. "
2023-1-6
Use props
cusglider
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

The just release 1.02 version of the O3 firmware does not address the issue. It still remains the same
2023-1-6
Use props
Mstac
lvl.1

United States

I just experienced this same problem, OSD is showing but not voltage and not recognizing arm. I have just moved the O3 from another FC where it was working without issue. On this FC, the first flight was fine, but I noticed the voltage was slow to update (not matching BF OSD voltage). Then on the second flight, the voltage simply showed 0. Previously this FC had a vista on the same port and all was working fine.
2023-1-25
Use props
Mstac
lvl.1

United States

I swapped to a different UART and all is working correctly now. If you have a spare UART or one you can swap, you might want to try that (remember to change BF settings as well).

Maybe it has to do with some UARTS having pulldown resistors (similar issue with ELRS), but it is odd that it still partially communicating with the FC (the OSD data is still coming through, and in my case the voltage displayed for the first flight).
2023-1-25
Use props
cusglider
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Thanks for the tip Mstac. I swapped UARTs but no joy.
2023-2-14
Use props
Minus777
New

Lithuania

I had same issue,  this video solves my issue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PqpnLNOOUM
2023-2-27
Use props
cusglider
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Problems solved !!! It was a falty connection or rather no connection thru the grey wire.

After replacing it and making sure it is passing data, everything is fine.

So if you only have partial DJI OSD, permanent low power mode and no recordings the culprit is the grey wire not passing data.

2023-2-28
Use props
Mason Zou
New

United States

cusglider Posted at 2-28 13:33
Problems solved !!! It was a falty connection or rather no connection thru the grey wire.

After replacing it and making sure it is passing data, everything is fine.

you saved my week.
I did not connect the tx pin on O3 to the FC rx serial port pin, but I got OSD working OK. I thought there is not need to connect O3 tx pin.
Just cannot get auto recording to work, tried everthing that i can think of.
After I connected the O3 tx pin to FC, everything is fine.
2023-5-24
Use props
cusglider
lvl.2
  • >>>
Lebanon

Happy flying from now on. Glad the post could help. Thats why we share how we solve problems ;-)
2023-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules