Mini 2 battery repair
2373 0 2022-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Quertz
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hello, I hope this is the right place to ask a question

After flying last time, my DJI mini 2 battery was at 60something%. Then I left the drone in a safe place for maybe 4 or 5 months. The mistake was that I left the battery in the drone, which I now learned that unlike with DJI drones where the power button is on the battery, the mini 2 will will continuously need power to communicate with the battery so that it knows when to turn on, or somthing like that.

Yesterday I tried to charge it, so I plugged it in and left it for a few hours without looking at the LEDs and when I came back, all 4 were flashing continuously which according to the manual indicates a broken battery.

Now I disassembled the battery and found out that one cell was 3.2V and the other 3.5V so I charged them individually to 3.7V (± 0.2V) using my lab power supply with a constant current of 0.6A which is just under 0.3C to make sure it's completely safe for this battery.

So now that the batteries are at a good enough voltage for a normal charger to charge them without complaining, the drone is still blinking all 4 LEDs, so I'm thinking the battery BMS or whatever that PCB is has a memory which is set to "battery broken" and won't reset, and I can't find anything online or on youtube about resetting these batteries. I don't mind if it's complicated to do, it's just more fun

If anyone knows how fix this, any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

2022-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules