2911 126 2022-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My Friend received a new to him Gemini Waverider 650 Rib just before Christmas and we thought it would be a good idea to do its maiden voyage today. It all worked out well and he was very pleased. Mind you it was a good test with gusts up to 30mph and Wind over tide.

In my view this is the sort of thing the Osmo Action is very good at. This was 1080p 60 fps with Horizon balance. Consideringhow bumpy the boat was in quite heavy seas the camera remained very stable given the conditions. It was incredibly windy also and once again the simple foam windslayer did a very good job. Wind was never less than 19 mph with gusts over 30 mph

2022-12-29
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

thank you for hte share
2022-12-29
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 12-29 11:00
thank you for hte share

No Problem
2022-12-29
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246194 ft
United States

Which of your two cameras was the video taken with?
The one without the focus problem or the other one with the problem?
Just asking
2022-12-29
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Actually, if you consider YT compression and the fact that it's a 1080p footage, plus it is in kinda shadowy area, if you grab a frame at the right time (not when the camera is moving or the EIS is compensating) I think it is actually fairly decent. It's also important to look at the frame at 100% of its original size. Not to mention I'm not sure how much compression is taking place when uploading an image here. This frame looks quite good, before uploading it here, on a MacBook Pro screen.

2022-12-29
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

so its fair to say  that  other sign says, sorry there is a flare happening by it.  I enjoyed the video that is all.
2022-12-29
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kamen666 Posted at 12-29 11:17
[view_image]

You are a total idiot. You have just demonstrated exactly that you have no idea what these cameras are for. Why don't you get out more rather than wasting your life on OCD Nonsense. When you are a big boy and had some experience of the world you might understand.... But I doubt it..... Keep spitting your dummy out.

By the way many have tried none have succeeded.
2022-12-29
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

osmonauta Posted at 12-29 11:54
Actually, if you consider YT compression and the fact that it's a 1080p footage, plus it is in kinda shadowy area, if you grab a frame at the right time (not when the camera is moving or the EIS is compensating) I think it is actually fairly decent. It's also important to look at the frame at 100% of its original size. Not to mention I'm not sure how much compression is taking place when uploading an image here. This frame looks quite good, before uploading it here, on a MacBook Pro screen.

[view_image]

Many thanks for your comments, But it is not about all these things it is about recording memories and experiences and perhaps getting out from in front of you computer and actually doing something with your life....... Sadly several of the nobody's on here will ever understand and they will be the poorer for it.

One day they might realise but it will probably be too old to do anything about it.

I enjoyed my day out on the water and making the little video. Several people have said they enjoyed it also
2022-12-29
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 12-29 12:04
so its fair to say  that  other sign says, sorry there is a flare happening by it.  I enjoyed the video that is all.

Yup that is the point. Thanks for your kind comments
2022-12-29
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-29 13:02
You are a total idiot. You have just demonstrated exactly that you have no idea what these cameras are for. Why don't you get out more rather than wasting your life on OCD Nonsense. When you are a big boy and had some experience of the world you might understand.... But I doubt it..... Keep spitting your dummy out.

By the way many have tried none have succeeded.

Thanks for the reply - although I was sure what it would be
Once again you proved to me how elementary you are
Can't wait to see your next video  
2022-12-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Considering the speed of that new boat it seems pretty smooth.  
2022-12-30
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-29 13:07
Many thanks for your comments, But it is not about all these things it is about recording memories and experiences and perhaps getting out from in front of you computer and actually doing something with your life....... Sadly several of the nobody's on here will ever understand and they will be the poorer for it.

One day they might realise but it will probably be too old to do anything about it.

And why can't the captured events be better??? at least as declared by the manufacturer??? OA3 in 1080 really pumps into digital focus, with your video it will probably be bad light, otherwise it wouldn't be so soft... Why do you start a new thread with every video of yours, extra points??? It's already confusing and for those who come here sporadically, I'm not even surprised that if they want to learn something, they don't have a chance to read everything and with each stupidity they start new and new threads for us....You are old enough to he checked and didn't swear, then the thread about one video also has 5 pages of proof, who has more ;)
2022-12-30
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-30 01:30
Considering the speed of that new boat it seems pretty smooth.

Yes that is the Horizon balance and other stabilisation working excellently. The speed of the boat was actually quite slow but it is at slower speeds that it is more bumpy. Cameras always tend to show waves less than they are and on that trip the sea in places was very rough. The light was also quite poor. For this sort of filming these cameras are excellent as they are waterproof can be laid down or put in a pocket very quickly and they switch on so quickly it is almost instant. The little windslayer foam muff for £5 also had its work cut out but it seemed to work very well. The reason I was shouting in some of the video parts is because it was so windy I thought I would not be audible over the wind.

All in all for my use this camera is excellent. I have probably 8 other action cams both cheap ones and 1 early go pro. For reasons that I cant explain I never used those much but I am using the Osmo Action 3 a lot
2022-12-30
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kamen666 Posted at 12-30 01:27
Thanks for the reply - although I was sure what it would be
Once again you proved to me how elementary you are
Can't wait to see your next video

If you look hard and make the effort I am sure you can improve
2022-12-30
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-30 01:50
If you look hard and make the effort I am sure you can improve

Read my comment again, don't rush to answer ;)
2022-12-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-30 01:49
Yes that is the Horizon balance and other stabilisation working excellently. The speed of the boat was actually quite slow but it is at slower speeds that it is more bumpy. Cameras always tend to show waves less than they are and on that trip the sea in places was very rough. The light was also quite poor. For this sort of filming these cameras are excellent as they are waterproof can be laid down or put in a pocket very quickly and they switch on so quickly it is almost instant. The little windslayer foam muff for £5 also had its work cut out but it seemed to work very well. The reason I was shouting in some of the video parts is because it was so windy I thought I would not be audible over the wind.

All in all for my use this camera is excellent. I have probably 8 other action cams both cheap ones and 1 early go pro. For reasons that I cant explain I never used those much but I am using the Osmo Action 3 a lot

So Im curious,   how fast was the boat moving.  It looks more than 30mph from my laymen perspective.  
2022-12-30
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-30 01:57
So Im curious,   how fast was the boat moving.  It looks more than 30mph from my laymen perspective.

The slow parts were at about 6-7 mph, In the bit where you can speed the max we got to was 34 mph but I did not video that bit. In the areas where it was rough speed was about 18 mph. This was to just keep the boat above the large waves and not get soaked and take on a lot of water.

In all instances the boat was bouncing about a lot for a camera and without the horizon balance and stabilisation the footage would have been terrible and unwatchable. This is an area where this camera excels Yes of course you can get better cameras but for £280 I think it does a very good job. All the while I was just hand holding it
2022-12-30
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kamen666 Posted at 12-30 01:56
Read my comment again, don't rush to answer ;)

I tend not to read most of what you write I am afraid
2022-12-30
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-30 01:57

This is the set up I take just the Osmo Action 3, The windslayer muff on it, an extending tripod stick. For boating use it all needs to be compact, waterproof and easy to pick up and put down and not too expensive in case you loose it which can happen. Keeping inside a boat in heavy conditions can be interesting at times and you would be surprised what will jump over the sides
2022-12-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The muff is surprisingly effective considering how it works.     And the selfie stick is pretty neat too.
2022-12-30
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-30 02:36
The muff is surprisingly effective considering how it works.     And the selfie stick is pretty neat too.

Yes I tried various things to reduce wind noise including external mics with dead cats etc but this seems the best of all. It is also good padding if you drop it or lay it down.

I am very pleased with the set up which is why it annoys me when all some people can do is whinge about some tiny little thing that in the bigger picture (no pun intended) does not matter. For the money I say again it is very good.

Give on a go you will I am sure enjoy it
2022-12-30
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Kamen666 Posted at 12-29 11:17
[view_image]

That’s a screen grab from a video and in between frames this will happen remember these cameras are shooting 30 fps so you recorded a nano second and compared it. How can you honestly say this camera was out of focus. You are spouting complete rubbish here and considering you don’t have the b@lls to post anything it shows just how big a troll you are on this forum.

Your example is rubbish without any foundation no proof the most amateurish attempt to show something wrong anyone with any camera can spool through a video and grab a screenshot showing in a split second out of focus as the camera sensor keeps up and this can be done on big small cheap and expensive cameras.

This just shows how little you know about cameras you really should stop commenting until you learn what it is you’re commenting on. It’s people like you ill informed that have caused so much hysteria on this forum. Go educate yourself before posting such rubbish.

2022-12-30
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-30 02:26
The slow parts were at about 6-7 mph, In the bit where you can speed the max we got to was 34 mph but I did not video that bit. In the areas where it was rough speed was about 18 mph. This was to just keep the boat above the large waves and not get soaked and take on a lot of water.

In all instances the boat was bouncing about a lot for a camera and without the horizon balance and stabilisation the footage would have been terrible and unwatchable. This is an area where this camera excels Yes of course you can get better cameras but for £280 I think it does a very good job. All the while I was just hand holding it

Nice shoot, I have also used the A3 on boat trips RIBs and found it exceptional, good job.
2022-12-30
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hallmark007 Posted at 12-30 03:30
That’s a screen grab from a video and in between frames this will happen remember these cameras are shooting 30 fps so you recorded a nano second and compared it. How can you honestly say this camera was out of focus. You are spouting complete rubbish here and considering you don’t have the b@lls to post anything it shows just how big a troll you are on this forum.

Your example is rubbish without any foundation no proof the most amateurish attempt to show something wrong anyone with any camera can spool through a video and grab a screenshot showing in a split second out of focus as the camera sensor keeps up and this can be done on big small cheap and expensive cameras.

I think it shows a very sad existence that anyone would want to spend time scrolling through a video just to find fault.
He has completly missed the point of these cameras and keeps banging on and on about the same old nonsense.
2022-12-30
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

The horizon balance does a great job! Since I don't have a boat or an airplane, I will try it next time I get a little tipsy :-)
Next time you go boating you could dip the camera under the water see what's down there. Prolly not as exotic as it would be in Aruba, but you might discover a sunken pirate ship.
2022-12-30
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

30 knots is quite fast,   indeed on the waters and being that choppy, was the tide running, or slack, wait, let Caiman666  answer.  the days of being on the water, thanks for bringingback some memories, who had the right away  at 5:29. .

yeah I got memories/stories but like said enjoyed the clip

FISH
2022-12-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice to see.
Those cranes make for a great subject.
Are you allowed to fly a drone there?
2022-12-30
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

the  Ports looked awesome, was going to say that.
2022-12-30
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 12-30 05:04
Nice to see.
Those cranes make for a great subject.
Are you allowed to fly a drone there?

People certainly do fly there. Just be sensible. That is on of the biggest ports in the UK and EU
2022-12-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-30 05:18
People certainly do fly there. Just be sensible. That is on of the biggest ports in the UK and EU

Here in NL we are not allowed to fly close to bigger industrial areas (not the technical term for it, but that is how I translated it).
So unfortunately I am not allowed to fly at ports.
2022-12-30
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 12-30 03:30
That’s a screen grab from a video and in between frames this will happen remember these cameras are shooting 30 fps so you recorded a nano second and compared it. How can you honestly say this camera was out of focus. You are spouting complete rubbish here and considering you don’t have the b@lls to post anything it shows just how big a troll you are on this forum.

Your example is rubbish without any foundation no proof the most amateurish attempt to show something wrong anyone with any camera can spool through a video and grab a screenshot showing in a split second out of focus as the camera sensor keeps up and this can be done on big small cheap and expensive cameras.

Here's the wife again for reinforcements...
I'm sorry madam, I don't have as much knowledge as you do, nor do I beat myself up and constantly show myself off to other people.
In the end, apart from your basic insults, I have not read anything else instructive from you.
Kisses!
2022-12-30
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-30 03:54
I think it shows a very sad existence that anyone would want to spend time scrolling through a video just to find fault.
He has completly missed the point of these cameras and keeps banging on and on about the same old nonsense.

I wish you success at the Oscars next year!
You deserve it mr Filmaker !
2022-12-30
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kamen666 Posted at 12-30 05:34
I wish you success at the Oscars next year!
You deserve it mr Filmaker !

As I said many have tried none have succeeded.
2022-12-30
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kamen666 Posted at 12-30 05:33
Here's the wife again for reinforcements...
I'm sorry madam, I don't have as much knowledge as you do, nor do I beat myself up and constantly show myself off to other people.
In the end, apart from your basic insults, I have not read anything else instructive from you.

Still looking for that life you so desperately need
2022-12-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done.  Looks like you had quite a bit of fun.    The OA3 is quite the little but impressive camera.
2022-12-30
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-30 07:41
As I said many have tried none have succeeded.

Maybe no one has tried in 720p yet?
2022-12-30
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-30 07:42
Still looking for that life you so desperately need

I have everything I need, I'm not looking for and I don't want anything else from life. Nor do I hope to find it here ;)
2022-12-30
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kamen666 Posted at 12-30 08:06
Maybe no one has tried in 720p yet?

Ho Ho Ho.......
2022-12-30
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
United States

I'm giving you directions.....be appreciative, and without that you find it hard to discover new ideas and words
2022-12-30
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

livestream is 720P DVD quality, so yeah  already done but good luck trying to do what is not in the camera.
2022-12-30
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules