Custom Network RTK
7375 35 2022-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_OcotTv59qmM2
lvl.1

Israel

Hi, i'm using a matrice 300 RTK and trying to connect to an NTRIP server.
When tring to save the custom network RTK settings (username, password, etc.) i get "setting failed" error.
Both the remote and the aircraft are updated to the latest firmware.

The NTRIP server works fine when i'm accessing it from other devices.
there's a way to get why the connection failed besides "setting failed" ?
or any other solution ?

Thanks
2022-12-29
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

You must have made a mistake when entering your credentials.  Is the port correct?  does it match the mountpoint?
2022-12-29
Use props
amitaf
lvl.1

Israel

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-29 11:43
You must have made a mistake when entering your credentials.  Is the port correct?  does it match the mountpoint?

No mistakes, I also tried through another device (not a Matrice 300) and it connects fine.
Really weird. Same settings and port.

There's any way to debug the problem and see why it fails to connect ?
2022-12-29
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

amitaf Posted at 12-29 21:03
No mistakes, I also tried through another device (not a Matrice 300) and it connects fine.
Really weird. Same settings and port.

What is your RTK provider ? Is it VRS mountpoint?
2022-12-30
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
Japan

Another thing is to make sure you aren't exceeding the number of connections allowed under your NTRIP provider account (if there is a limit). This can happen easily if you've left another device(s) connected while you try to connect the M300.

Unfortunately, DJI devs do not understand what works best for GNSS GUI's and clearly didn't bother to consult or even look closely at other vendor's products. Not sure how it is in Pilot 2 (assuming that's what you're using) but ever since they came out w/ RTK gear they've used the same bad GUI design wherein one must type everything exactly correctly, including the mountpoint name (which the software should be able to get once port # and creds have been entered), all a priori, with no "show password" option. And then you just get a "failed" message but no way to know what was incorrect. It's maddening.
Likewise their Z-coordinate entry for placing the base on a known location (non "custom" RTK), which requires the user to do the math to account for antenna height offset rather than having an entry box for it separately (that is remembered between sessions).
These design failures have been pointed out since the products were introduced and DJI hasn't bothered to fix them in later fw or sw releases, which suggests it is simply not important to them that their "professional" or "Enterprise" gear be as functional and user-friendly as possible to serve the professionals that must rely on them to do their jobs.

If you are still having trouble after making sure your network connection is good and all the NTRIP caster parameters are entered correctly, sometimes toggling the wifi or cycling the power seems to help for me.

2022-12-30
Use props
amitaf
lvl.1

Israel

Yes I'm using Pilot 2. I tried VRS mount points and non VRS mount points, nothing works.
I will try to contact DJI support directly and update if I found a solution.
2022-12-30
Use props
fans90043b04
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55719 ft
Turkey

amitaf Posted at 2022-12-30 21:08
Yes I'm using Pilot 2. I tried VRS mount points and non VRS mount points, nothing works.
I will try to contact DJI support directly and update if I found a solution.

Hello,
Did you set up the base yourself? if so, can you try the port setting as 9010?
2023-1-1
Use props
amitaf
lvl.1

Israel

fans90043b04 Posted at 1-1 03:33
Hello,
Did you set up the base yourself? if so, can you try the port setting as 9010?

No, I'm using an RTK provider, and the port that they supply for connection is: 80
DJI has a problem with some ports ?
2023-1-1
Use props
djiuser_IuxsHfXIqyuI
lvl.1

Belgium

I have the same trouble with rtk settings.
It's working this afternoon with mountpount vrs31gg but after a shutdown of M300 and controller, I'm not able anymore to switch ON the rtk.
Saying SETTING FAIL !
2023-1-3
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

djiuser_IuxsHfXIqyuI Posted at 1-3 10:42
I have the same trouble with rtk settings.
It's working this afternoon with mountpount vrs31gg but after a shutdown of M300 and controller, I'm not able anymore to switch ON the rtk.
Saying SETTING FAIL !

It would be ideal to make a screenshot to know where the setting fail comes from.

Have you tried replacing the mountpoint? in RTCM 3 you have VRS31G available on the same port.

2023-1-3
Use props
djiuser_IuxsHfXIqyuI
lvl.1

Belgium

Dear all,

The "setting fail" appears directly after selecting the "save"

I successfully get the custom network two times when I use vrs31gg mountpoint but only after erasing the password and re entered the same. It can be a solution...

I had as well "converging" status and it change to "connected" when I deactivate "maintain positioning accuracy mode"

I will do the test again again today and see if it work well.

Ben
20230103_234127.jpg
20230104_031519.jpg
2023-1-3
Use props
djiuser_mMkY7WeA6QKV
lvl.2

South Africa

I'm having issues setting up my custom RTK network. It connects to the Base station but the RC has error code 404. Can anyone help?
2023-1-29
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

djiuser_mMkY7WeA6QKV Posted at 1-29 22:55
I'm having issues setting up my custom RTK network. It connects to the Base station but the RC has error code 404. Can anyone help?

Maybe you can tell us more. Send a screenshot of the error, say what payload you're using, what NTRIP provider you're trying to reach...
2023-1-30
Use props
EduardoCruz
lvl.2

Brazil

I'm using RTK with Agras T30. I had some problems with a mount point sending only Multiple Signal Messages (MSM) rtcm messages. I created a new mount point with standard SSR message types only and the RTK is running fine now.
2023-2-4
Use props
djiuser_mMkY7WeA6QKV
lvl.2

South Africa

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-30 05:49
Maybe you can tell us more. Send a screenshot of the error, say what payload you're using, what NTRIP provider you're trying to reach...

For some reason, it wouldn't attach the photos I tried to upload with my original post. Let me try here... I have a 3rd party NTRIP account through Fieldbee.
20230130_083712.jpg 20230207_105546.jpg
2023-2-7
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

djiuser_mMkY7WeA6QKV Posted at 2-7 00:53
For some reason it wouldn't attach the photos I tried to upload with my original post. Let me try here... I have a 3rd party NTRIP account through Fieldbee.

FieldBee is a GNSS receiver manufacturer, not an NTRIP provider.

At best you can use a FieldBee receiver as a base station to cast NTRIP. But it must be placed on a known geodetic landmark. Or install the antenna permanently using PPP. Not sure that FieldBee receivers are capable of this.
2023-2-7
Use props
djiuser_mMkY7WeA6QKV
lvl.2

South Africa

LV_Forestry Posted at 2-7 01:04
FieldBee is a GNSS receiver manufacturer, not an NTRIP provider.

At best you can use a FieldBee receiver as a base station to cast NTRIP. But it must be placed on a known geodetic landmark. Or install the antenna permanently using PPP. Not sure that FieldBee receivers are capable of this.

I have the base station casting NTRIP as you can see in the attached photos. Can you tell me more about the geodetic landmark and PPP? Also, any idea what the RC error 404 is? I am relatively new to all of this. It would be much appreciated.
2023-2-7
Use props
djiuser_mMkY7WeA6QKV
lvl.2

South Africa

EduardoCruz Posted at 2-4 11:56
I'm using RTK with Agras T30. I had some problems with a mount point sending only Multiple Signal Messages (MSM) rtcm messages. I created a new mount point with standard SSR message types only and the RTK is running fine now.

I have the base station running the following messages. Could you please clarify what are the Standard SSR messages? Thanks!
Screenshot_20230130_114925_FieldBee L1.jpg
2023-2-7
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

djiuser_mMkY7WeA6QKV Posted at 2-7 02:07
[view_image]

I have the base station casting NTRIP as you can see in the attached photos. Can you tell me more about the geodetic landmark and PPP? Also, any idea what the RC error 404 is? I am relatively new to all of this. It would be much appreciated.

Geodetic landmarks are point references to the cadastre for example. In general these are metal poles driven into the ground.
PPP is the method which makes it possible to know the position of a GNSS receiver with an accuracy below one centimeter. This is what is used to make a permanent base station.

What is annoying is that the FieldBee configures itself as a base on its own. In the manual I can not find how to give it his coordinates. Suffice to say that the position accuracy relative to the antenna when the RTK is fixed will be of the order of a centimeter. But if you move your antenna you will lose this reference point for another. It's the same problem with the DRTK2 if you place it randomly without specifying its exact coordinates.

If you use it in PPK it doesn't matter you can always correct the offset afterwards. In RTK it is more delicate.

Error 404, wouldn't it be the connection that is not made with the server? Clearly you connect, the server acknowledges, but it does not send an RTCM frame, time out. It's just a hypothesis.
2023-2-7
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

djiuser_mMkY7WeA6QKV Posted at 2-7 02:13
I have the base station running the following messages. Could you please clarify what are the Standard SSR messages? Thanks!
[view_image]

1005 is the coordinates of the base station. The RC should show you how far you are from this station. If so then the 1005 is fine.
Then 1087 it's Glonass observations, keep it active
1077 GPS keep it active
1127 you can activate it, it's Beidou
1117 you deactivate it's Japanese network not supported by DJI drone
1107 it's SBAS you keep it deactivated

1Hz is very good. No need more

Something is weird : "Enabled:false"... must be true in my opinion.

You can try with these settings, I also encourage you to contact the antenna manufacturer. He will certainly know more. I'm afraid that message format is not supported by the drone receiver to perform the corrections. Which would explain the 404 error.

2023-2-7
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

djiuser_mMkY7WeA6QKV Posted at 2-7 00:53
For some reason, it wouldn't attach the photos I tried to upload with my original post. Let me try here... I have a 3rd party NTRIP account through Fieldbee.
[view_image][view_image]

I just saw the pictures you added. All is well.
Activate the Beidou (message 1127) and deactivate the SBAS (message 1107) it is possible that this is enough to remove the 404 code.

But given the Standard deviation, the correction is operational.
I see that you have installed your base station on the roof of a hangar. Wise choice.
The drone is a little too close to the house, you risk obstructing the reception of signals and slowing down the appearance of the FIX.

2023-2-7
Use props
SkoonspruitFarm
lvl.2

South Africa

LV_Forestry Posted at 2-7 12:24
I just saw the pictures you added. All is well.
Activate the Beidou (message 1127) and deactivate the SBAS (message 1107) it is possible that this is enough to remove the 404 code.

Just an update, I saw that the Fieldbee base station was set to "survey," and I set it to static with exact coordinates. I've turned off the 1117 and the 1107 messages and made sure that the station says "Enabled:True." (I think after a refresh, the correct setting is displayed.) The same issue with the RC is still there although it doesn't give that 404 error. I'll attach a picture of what the screen shows now. I've also contacted the manufacturer and they said everything is in order. The only thing that is not available is the 1127 message because Beidou is not available on this L1 BS... The representative didn't seem too familiar with all the RTCM settings.

The thing that tickles me is that the RC shows that the RTK signal source is fine. According to the dealer where I purchased the drone, this is the only major hurdle to cross and then everything falls into place after. The only issue is the RC under RTK diagnostics. This makes me think that something isn't right with the RC, either software or hardware that isn't working correctly. I'm going to try to get a neighbor with a T30 and see if theirs works... I don't know what else to try.
20230208_084840.jpg

2023-2-8
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

SkoonspruitFarm Posted at 2-8 00:20
Just an update, I saw that the Fieldbee base station was set to "survey," and I set it to static with exact coordinates. I've turned off the 1117 and the 1107 messages and made sure that the station says "Enabled:True." (I think after a refresh, the correct setting is displayed.) The same issue with the RC is still there although it doesn't give that 404 error. I'll attach a picture of what the screen shows now. I've also contacted the manufacturer and they said everything is in order. The only thing that is not available is the 1127 message because Beidou is not available on this L1 BS... The representative didn't seem too familiar with all the RTCM settings.

The thing that tickles me is that the RC shows that the RTK signal source is fine. According to the dealer where I purchased the drone, this is the only major hurdle to cross and then everything falls into place after. The only issue is the RC under RTK diagnostics. This makes me think that something isn't right with the RC, either software or hardware that isn't working correctly. I'm going to try to get a neighbor with a T30 and see if theirs works... I don't know what else to try.

Don't worry, if the RTK correction is done, it means that there is really no problem. Especially since in the case of a T30, you don't need ultimate precision like for a LiDAR. The idea is to keep the drone on well parallel lines with a constant gap.

On the other hand, there may be a moderator who could motivate himself to indicate which log file or other to download, to send it to DJI and understand what this orange dot on the RC is. Also 404 error.

DJI has improved significantly in the colors of the alarm messages. On the very first Ground Station with the datalink, when it was displayed in red, it was good. Today this is no longer the case, they conform to what is done in aeronautics and the automobile. Orange light, something is wrong but that does not prevent continuing. Red light, vital emergency, Run for your life !

So again don't worry.
2023-2-8
Use props
EduardoCruz
lvl.2

Brazil

djiuser_mMkY7WeA6QKV Posted at 2-7 02:13
[view_image]

I´m using these messages(interval) with T30 and Mavic 3M, working fine:
RTCMv3:        1097(1), 1004(1), 1006(10), 1012(1), 1033(30), 1045(1), 1230(1)
2023-2-11
Use props
SkoonspruitFarm
lvl.2

South Africa

LV_Forestry Posted at 2-8 07:47
Don't worry, if the RTK correction is done, it means that there is really no problem. Especially since in the case of a T30, you don't need ultimate precision like for a LiDAR. The idea is to keep the drone on well parallel lines with a constant gap.

On the other hand, there may be a moderator who could motivate himself to indicate which log file or other to download, to send it to DJI and understand what this orange dot on the RC is. Also 404 error.

Just an update. I contacted my local Case IH dealership and they gave me their RTK Ntrip info for a 2 week trial. I entered their information and the drone immediately connected to their RTK network and the drone said "Connected RTK." On the main screen where the drone's satellites are displayed shows "RTK 40" and all functions requiring RTK worked perfect. If I change the RTK custom network back to my personal NTRIP station it continues to function as normal. If I then turn the drone off, swap batteries and turn it back on... Again it does not wat to correct with RTK. It just continues to say RTK signal weak and it cannot take off. Switch the info back to CASE IH and it works perfectly. The strange thing is, if I use Case IH details and the RTk functions as normal the RC still has an error... Another drone rep told me the only reason for the RC's error is because it doesn't have the RTK dongle plugged it. But unless I'm mapping with RTK and the RC there is no need for that to function
2023-2-13
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

SkoonspruitFarm Posted at 2-13 22:10
Just an update. I contacted my local Case IH dealership and they gave me their RTK Ntrip info for a 2 week trial. I entered their information and the drone immediately connected to their RTK network and the drone said "Connected RTK." On the main screen where the drone's satellites are displayed shows "RTK 40" and all functions requiring RTK worked perfect. If I change the RTK custom network back to my personal NTRIP station it continues to function as normal. If I then turn the drone off, swap batteries and turn it back on... Again it does not wat to correct with RTK. It just continues to say RTK signal weak and it cannot take off. Switch the info back to CASE IH and it works perfectly. The strange thing is, if I use Case IH details and the RTk functions as normal the RC still has an error... Another drone rep told me the only reason for the RC's error is because it doesn't have the RTK dongle plugged it. But unless I'm mapping with RTK and the RC there is no need for that to function

There is something strange with your FieldBee antenna. We still don't know what the 404 error is.
In accordance with the image you posted in #17 the correction is effective.

If by RTK dongle you mean the 4G dongle that allows you to put a SIM card in the RC, no that has nothing to do. This simply allows you to avoid having to go through WiFi. For the RC it does not change anything, a WiFi or 4G internet connection is the same thing.

I suggest you don't spend money on a CASE IH NTRIP subscription. It is better to broadcast the corrections of your FieldBee antenna on RTK2Go or on the fieldbee network. I wonder if the location of the FieldBee server does not induce too much latency. It's just a theory. It would be ideal for a moderator to tell us what the 404 error is..
2023-2-14
Use props
SkoonspruitFarm
lvl.2

South Africa

LV_Forestry Posted at 2-14 08:32
There is something strange with your FieldBee antenna. We still don't know what the 404 error is.
In accordance with the image you posted in #17 the correction is effective.

You are right, according to the info on the RC, the correction is working. All in all, I want to use my Fieldbee base station, since it's free (which works perfectly according to post #17). When comparing the satellites on the Fieldbee system with the Case IH NTRIP, it gives the same satellites as well. The only difference is the drone never goes to "Fix RTK" mode (and allows me to fly) when connected to the Fieldbee. The why is still a mystery and the main reason for my posts on this thread. Hopefully, a moderator or someone can help me with that.

Regarding the RTK error on the controller in RTK diagnostics, it doesn't bother me much anymore since the drone works with RTK either way. According to the person in my last post, the RC will show an error because the RTK dongle isn't connected. The drone can still function as normal using the RTK positioning but the dongle is only for mapping when wanting to plan fields using high accuracy. There's no way the drone can spray to the nearest cm in any way at 3m high so I'm not worried about it. I'll post a picture of the dongle for reference. Thank you for your help and for talking me through all this new stuff.

images-3.jpeg 6-768x433.jpg
2023-2-14
Use props
EduardoCruz
lvl.2

Brazil

SkoonspruitFarm Posted at 2-14 23:23
You are right, according to the info on the RC, the correction is working. All in all, I want to use my Fieldbee base station, since it's free (which works perfectly according to post #17). When comparing the satellites on the Fieldbee system with the Case IH NTRIP, it gives the same satellites as well. The only difference is the drone never goes to "Fix RTK" mode (and allows me to fly) when connected to the Fieldbee. The why is still a mystery and the main reason for my posts on this thread. Hopefully, a moderator or someone can help me with that.

Regarding the RTK error on the controller in RTK diagnostics, it doesn't bother me much anymore since the drone works with RTK either way. According to the person in my last post, the RC will show an error because the RTK dongle isn't connected. The drone can still function as normal using the RTK positioning but the dongle is only for mapping when wanting to plan fields using high accuracy. There's no way the drone can spray to the nearest cm in any way at 3m high so I'm not worried about it. I'll post a picture of the dongle for reference. Thank you for your help and for talking me through all this new stuff.

Did you try to connect Fieldbee-BS to RTK2Go caster services?  I'm using SNIP-lite as my caster (same software as RTK2Go), working fine with T30, Mavic 3M, Trimble Ag TMX and Septentrio NR3-Rover.
2023-2-19
Use props
EduardoCruz
lvl.2

Brazil

SkoonspruitFarm Posted at 2-13 22:10
Just an update. I contacted my local Case IH dealership and they gave me their RTK Ntrip info for a 2 week trial. I entered their information and the drone immediately connected to their RTK network and the drone said "Connected RTK." On the main screen where the drone's satellites are displayed shows "RTK 40" and all functions requiring RTK worked perfect. If I change the RTK custom network back to my personal NTRIP station it continues to function as normal. If I then turn the drone off, swap batteries and turn it back on... Again it does not wat to correct with RTK. It just continues to say RTK signal weak and it cannot take off. Switch the info back to CASE IH and it works perfectly. The strange thing is, if I use Case IH details and the RTk functions as normal the RC still has an error... Another drone rep told me the only reason for the RC's error is because it doesn't have the RTK dongle plugged it. But unless I'm mapping with RTK and the RC there is no need for that to function

I don't need the RTK dongle plugged to fly in RTK mode.
2023-2-19
Use props
djiuser_Gh0WqIB2aMwI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1090463 ft
Nigeria

What is the rtk settings for a pilot in Nigeria
2023-4-25
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

djiuser_Gh0WqIB2aMwI Posted at 4-25 07:45
What is the rtk settings for a pilot in Nigeria

In Africa the NTRIP networks are not very developed. If you operate around Lagos you can apply for credentials at the university which has a receiver. No idea if they are still broadcasting. Otherwise go see on RTK2GO there must be some stations:
http://rtk2go.com/

And if not, you still have the option of standalone RINEX:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=285647
2023-4-25
Use props
djiuser_zcPLa8pRPQPy
New

Germany

I get this error message while trying to connect to rtk2go Dji Mavic 3E. Could someone please tell me what I maybe doing wrong?
4-15 20:42
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

djiuser_zcPLa8pRPQPy Posted at 4-15 20:42
I get this error message while trying to connect to rtk2go Dji Mavic 3E. Could someone please tell me what I maybe doing wrong?

Double check Adress / credential / Mountpoint
If using Apple device as hot spot, change for another brand, since that they have a firewall that cannot be disabled.
4-15 21:06
Use props
djiuser_zcPLa8pRPQPy
New

Germany

Thanks for your response. I am using the WiFi in my house.  I also used the credentials sent to me by rtk2go and still get the error message:

Save failed

Possible reasons:

1. Input parameter incorrect. Check input parameter

2. Account expired. Check if account is valid

3. Not network connection. Check network connection status

4. Server error. Contact RTK supplier to check
server status
4-15 22:48
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_zcPLa8pRPQPy Posted at 4-15 22:48
Thanks for your response. I am using the WiFi in my house.  I also used the credentials sent to me by rtk2go and still get the error message:

Save failed

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. We will confirm with our engineers first. We will get back to you later.
4-21 23:44
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_zcPLa8pRPQPy Posted at 4-15 22:48

Save failed

Sorry if it was mentioned already but can you connect to rtk2go successfully using another device? Either a GNSS or even just your phone using an NTRIP client?
4-22 08:22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules